neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

wild imaginations wrote:Because lets say you bought a really old entity that didnt have very much of its life left, or if a disaster happened on its plane, then basically it wouldnt be with you for very long, if its spirit was released when it dies?
As I said, it really depends on how he or she was bound. You would be best to ask your conjurer.

The main and most likely way of an entity dieing is through protecting us from other malicious spirits and entites. A disaster on their plane is possible but unlikely.
Also, even if an entity is really old, they are unlikely to die of old age during your lifetime ^_^

please check out my spirit drawings, here on this forum :) http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27252&start=320
Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to choose!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret!
Zodiac:

What i dont understand is how does this all tie into certain entities living outside of time and space????
GAH I dont compute :frustrated: LOL

Like if you live out of time and space you would be living and dying at the same time....?

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I could be way off on this, but my understanding of entities which live outside the bounds of time and space is simply that they are not bound by the limits of such. ...which means they can move about freely within both space AND time, freely entering either past or future.

As to the original question...as it's been pointed out, the chances of a living entity dying while it's bound for a keeper are slim. Many have lifespans which greatly exceed our own. It's unlikely that a living entity is going to die in an accident or defending their keeper while bound for the keeper. So it's not worth worrying yourself about since there is little a keeper can do about it and I'm sure they wouldn't want us stressing about it.

What happens if they DO die while bound depends on a number of factors. First, it depends on how the binding is done. So if you have concerns, you should consult the conjurer AND the entity as to whether the binding should be altered. Second, it depends on whether the entity has close ties to you personally from a past life or something. If that is the case, they'll likely find a way to remain with you regardless. It also may depend on their specific purpose in being with you to start with. If their mission with you hasn't been finished, they'll likely remain with you even after their own death to see it through.

But again, this isn't something that's likely to happen and you shouldn't worry yourself too much about it. Just discuss it with the conjurer, make any necessary alterations to the binding, and add protection for the entity as you can. You CAN use shielding and other spellwork to protect them, as well as bringing in other spirits/entities for that purpose.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”