A Concern About Medical.Advise

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I may be overstepping my bounds, here, and if I am, please just delete this.

This is a Spiritual and Paranormal board. We have people from all over the world here, from all walks of life. We have doctors and nurses and therapists and social workers. We have home-health aids and EMTs and everything inbetween. We even have energetic healers, twilit practitioners, and other alternative health practitioners. We have Voodoo practitioners and faith healers and new agers and Vedic practitioners, Chinese medicine practitioners of all sorts... we are a hodgepodge, and there's no denying that some of what we can offer here can be somewhat helpful in supporting you should you have a medical issue.

HOWEVER.... NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN ON FAITH ALONE. Everything should be explored, WITH your personal doctor. We are not qualified to diagnose and/or treat any condition you suffer from without seeing you in person. Nor should spiritual healing be sought as the only solution. Modern medicine, while not perfect, when SUPPORTED by naturopathic practices, have better outcomes than EITHER discipline does when used solely on its own. In fact, to be very honest, I've seen WAY too many people seeking magiclal solutions to medical and/or psychological issues end up really screwed up, and sometimes.dead.

I cant see what I'm typing anymore because my stupid kindle is being a pest, so I can only HOPE that this message gets through. If you are not well, asking for healing energies is fine, if it supports what you are already doing. If this is all you have, that's not a good thing. We are not a diagnostic, nor are we a miracle cure... we are merely the help along the way. If you have somethingwe CAN help with, ask away... but if you decide that reiki has got your back and there's no need to take those pesky pills ever again... you're probably wrong, and none of us here wants that blame. Go see a doctor. THEN tell us what the issue is. Targeted prayer that supports.surgical and,or chemical assistance is MUCH more reliable than the wild grab-bag that metaphysics can be. Don't risk your life like that.

I say this with love and bright blessings...

Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Hey, kitty. :) I am guessing that this section is just for the rules of the forum. My suggestion is that perhaps this would be better suited for either the forum suggestions or off-topic section. Since it appears to be a vent, I'm thinking off-topic is the most appropriate place. :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

If it would be better off in another section, the I hope a Mod won't mind moving it, but I put it here because there are some liability issues, as TerrorMisu and others in Law can yell you, which makes posting this suggestion (although admittedly not strictly a rule) HERE the best place.

And it wasn't a rant. It was a solid statement of fact, based on both experience, knowledege, a medical background, and an understanding of the deep poo one can step in giving "metaphysical" advice in medicinal situations, purely from a legal standpoint. None of the healers and dabblers in naturopathy here want a liability suit, and neither do Ash or Mags... that's not conducive to the family we've built here.

I posted this also because if you've got something wrong and the doctors aren't helpful, we still aren't qualified until we see you in person. All the different replies are just going to confuse you and frighten you... and if they're wrong, its done you no good. People in a blind panic often take the whole herd off the edge.of the cliff with them.

So... I'm just saying... a little caution is.advised. A grain of salt... or two... and practical help.as WELL as the metaphysical stuff.

Not a.rant... just a comment about a potential safety issue that COULD become.a.legal one.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

I completely agree with you Kitty, and i'm sure Ash and Mags will too. I commend you for stepping up and clarifying this for everyone :thumbup:

And you're right that it could most definitely become a legal issue!

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I understand all that. What I meant was simply that I believe this section was meant only for Ash & Mags to post the established forum rules in. My understanding is that suggestions (including rule amendments, additions, etc...even those meant to prevent a lawsuit) should be posted in the "Forum Suggestions" section here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=98

I mean no offense. I just thought I'd point you in the right direction. :)

Also, given the seriousness of the issue, I would recommend sending an email to Ash & Mags.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Also, if you prefer not to post your concerns in the Forum Suggestions section, Mags posted another email address that can be used for this here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 45&t=31093

:thumbup:

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I totally agree, that this should be said and as I have stated in some of my posts before, reiki can be sent, but you should also be seeing your own doctor as well, along with reiki!!! The different kinds of healings is to be used along with whatever the doctor does for you!!! ;)

A very good post and reminder!!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
moonstone
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Fawn Moonstone Clover
Zodiac:

I completely agree.

moonstone

Moonstone

In western lands beneath the Sun the flowers may rise in Spring, the trees may bud, the waters run, the merry finches sing. Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night and swaying beeches bear the Elven-stars as jewels white amid their branching hair. Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars for ever dwell: I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell. ROTK
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Sound advice.