You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tread for the Mayan gods...

neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

Has anyone of you ever worked with any of the Mayan gods?

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

i have not and am interested to see posts in this thread!
bump

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

While not working with Kukulcan, I have worked with Quetzalcoatl, His equivalent - and I've done a lot of work with the race of Quetzalcoatl Dragons. They're very, very good at warding and protection magick, they're white arts, and they are excellent at finding and sealing portals. They're also good at astral work - they can find a doorway and take you through one. Most of the ones I've worked with are very, very good at the Mesoamerican equivalent of High Magick, but it's a strange mixture of draconic and Mexican Ceremonial... I've never seen anything like it, but it definitely impressed me.

Not that that answers your orignal question, but there you go. You have to speak to Quetzalcoatl in order to be granted a Quetzal dragon. I Kept one (not knowing that that's what it was called) for about a month when I first moved into my current residence, because I was having issues with a portal in my bedroom closet. The dragon fixed the problems, laid down a LOT of warding and protection, and in exchange I made offerings. When the work was done, he left, and I get to keep the Work. It's good solid stuff, too. Very ::jawdrop:: lol

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Selqetkitty wrote:While not working with Kukulcan, I have worked with Quetzalcoatl, His equivalent - and I've done a lot of work with the race of Quetzalcoatl Dragons. They're very, very good at warding and protection magick, they're white arts, and they are excellent at finding and sealing portals. They're also good at astral work - they can find a doorway and take you through one. Most of the ones I've worked with are very, very good at the Mesoamerican equivalent of High Magick, but it's a strange mixture of draconic and Mexican Ceremonial... I've never seen anything like it, but it definitely impressed me.

Not that that answers your orignal question, but there you go. You have to speak to Quetzalcoatl in order to be granted a Quetzal dragon. I Kept one (not knowing that that's what it was called) for about a month when I first moved into my current residence, because I was having issues with a portal in my bedroom closet. The dragon fixed the problems, laid down a LOT of warding and protection, and in exchange I made offerings. When the work was done, he left, and I get to keep the Work. It's good solid stuff, too. Very ::jawdrop:: lol

Bright blessings...
Selqet
This sounds fascinating. Did you have a binding of Quetzalcoatl? Where did you get this binding if you had one?

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

No, I didn't have a binding of Him... I just went to Him and asked.

In my family's traditions, mostly we go to our Gods, rather than bringing Them to us down here. It's considered polite. Although I do know that other traditions suggest that approaching any God in Their own Hall is rather... uppity... we do it out of respect. If you're going to ask a favor, come prepared and all that.

Why get a binding when you can just go ask, anyway? Or cast a circle, offer treats, and Evoke? Bindings are lovely if you're making a stronger tie, a permanent connection... but I was just working with Him for a moment - it was business, not personal. Bindings are personal... and not just for us humans, but for Them as well. It's not done lightly.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Selqetkitty wrote:No, I didn't have a binding of Him... I just went to Him and asked.

In my family's traditions, mostly we go to our Gods, rather than bringing Them to us down here. It's considered polite. Although I do know that other traditions suggest that approaching any God in Their own Hall is rather... uppity... we do it out of respect. If you're going to ask a favor, come prepared and all that.

Why get a binding when you can just go ask, anyway? Or cast a circle, offer treats, and Evoke? Bindings are lovely if you're making a stronger tie, a permanent connection... but I was just working with Him for a moment - it was business, not personal. Bindings are personal... and not just for us humans, but for Them as well. It's not done lightly.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

Thank you! You make some good points. The only binding I have of any Immortal is a binding of The Furies. I just have one question and I am not trying to be funny here...How do you pronounce his name?

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

KEHT-zl-coh-AH-tle (like in little) And the oa tends to be slurred/slung together so it sounds more like kwatle.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

neophyte
neophyte

Selqetkitty wrote:No, I didn't have a binding of Him... I just went to Him and asked.

Bright blessings...
Selqet
I did not know that you cosidered bindings of Immortals as personal, I personaly do not know how I would feel since I do not have a binding of an Immortal or have ever worked with one.

Can I ask why you feel that a binding of an Immortal is personal and that it is not to be done lightly because many have gotten bindings of an Immortal before and then relisted them on the marketplace or some were else for what ever reason.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Took forever to find this thread...

Looking for people's experiences working with Mayan Immortals, namely Bahlam

Please and thank you

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)

Return to “Immortals”