Waiting a while to do the invocation - do spirits care?

TankStare
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

I know a lot of people here get spirits in bulk during sales or adopt spirits even when they are at bonding maximum capacity, if they feel drawn to a listing and don't want to wait to lose it. Thus, the spirits can add up quickly in a short amount of time.

Do spirits care if you stash them away in a drawer for a few weeks (as soon as you get them, prior to formally introducing them), while you try to bond with other spirits and "wait" until you can give them your full attention?

Or is it better to formally introduce them, let them know the circumstances, and then stash them away until you have time to properly bond with them?

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

I would either one you feel comfortable with as spirits know the situation when coming to us. I my self do the second one.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I think you should do what you feel more confortable.

For me now I deal with some very dark spirits and entities, when they arrive no matter how many I do an introduction to everyone and explain the house rules and how the bonding will take hold. I don't stash them away, just give my atention to the one I'm bonding at the time and if they want to interact they can.

Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I agree that the spirit is aware of the situation before they come to us, so I think the most important thing is doing what works & feels right to YOU. Personally my method is to always welcome them home & go over house rules, which also includes me doing an introduction of sorts to some of the other members of our family (human, pet & spirit). Then I work with each spirit when the time is right. For me having a strict schedule of when I'm 'supposed' to bond doesn't work. That takes the enjoyment away from me, when it feels more like a job, something for me to stress about & not like doing something I love (and I love spending time with my spirit family) then I have a tendency to not enjoy it as much. But thats just me, I try to avoid stress as much as possible, lol. I know that there are spirits in my family that our time isn't just yet, they are with me for a reason & eventually when the time is right I'll find out. Until then I spend time everyday with whoever feels right & most often I have a group of spirits with me at I time, though they all are welcome no matter what I do or where I go. My best advice it to go with your gut & do what feels best to YOU, not what anyone else does..

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree too, that you should do what is right for you!!!! Like was mentioned before, your spirits know what is going on, and they came to you for a reason!!!

So when it feels right, then do what you need to do, and with however many, even if it just one at a time!!!!!

That is what i do, but I always welcome them when they first come, and introduce them to my family, human and critters, and other spirits and enties, and go over the house rules with them!!!!

Then I will take one or two to bond with!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
what_lies_beneath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

::bump:: for those with many on the way...

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

I am of the mind, that they don't worry about such things. Most likely they are very much aware of the situation they are going into and they are just very happy that they are going to a nice place. Or perhaps they are looking for that person in particular because they know eventually they will be needed for some purpose. I have quite a large family and they have all come to join me for some particular reason or another. I have been told that I will know when their precise purpose becomes known.

virgorose
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Nanamixx wrote:I am of the mind, that they don't worry about such things. Most likely they are very much aware of the situation they are going into and they are just very happy that they are going to a nice place. Or perhaps they are looking for that person in particular because they know eventually they will be needed for some purpose. I have quite a large family and they have all come to join me for some particular reason or another. I have been told that I will know when their precise purpose becomes known.
yes i agree, sometimes i think the invocation is more of a thing we need to do for ourselves, which is absolutely fine, i have done them when sellers have advised it.........but i do think that just spending some quiet time with the vessel when it arrives is as good as anything,maybe carry them with you until you are ready xxx

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

virgorose wrote:
Nanamixx wrote:I am of the mind, that they don't worry about such things. Most likely they are very much aware of the situation they are going into and they are just very happy that they are going to a nice place. Or perhaps they are looking for that person in particular because they know eventually they will be needed for some purpose. I have quite a large family and they have all come to join me for some particular reason or another. I have been told that I will know when their precise purpose becomes known.
yes i agree, sometimes i think the invocation is more of a thing we need to do for ourselves, which is absolutely fine, i have done them when sellers have advised it.........but i do think that just spending some quiet time with the vessel when it arrives is as good as anything,maybe carry them with you until you are ready xxx
Talking with them is a very great idea when they first arrive. Mine always get a hello and sometimes if anyone else is around who is aware of what I do, they will greet them as well. My boss is especially gifted in making my new dears feel confused when they first get here because he is so odd and loud.

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I usually introduce them to my spirit family and go over house rules at times. I bond with a spirit or spirits when I feel a nudge from a certain spirit. Maybe their name pops into my mind.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Spirit Keeping”