Public Black List or Public "White List"?

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
david2885
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

inquestfor

IP: 81.249.12.237

Oct 26, 07 - 4:10 AM

public black list or public "white" list ?

Hello,

i would like to know if it's a good idea to make a public black list? Maybe a list of good seller is a better idea? Or maybe we can make a private list of good and bad seller?
Email: junko_972@hotmail.com

MSN: junko_972@hotmail.com

=====================================================================================

Claire

IP: 124.197.24.60

Oct 26th, 2007 - 5:47 AM

Re: public black list or public "white" list ?

Hello.
I think if anyone makes a black list, then that person can get sued by the peaple in the list for interfering with their business, since spells and spirit bonded items cannot be scientifically prove that they have the effect on us.

Making a white list could be difficult as there is an issue with UAMD seller, who is should be on the white list as they are on official UAMD site.

Umm I think reading a feedbacks and asking others are the best thing that can be done for now...

=====================================================================================

Creepy Hollows

IP: 74.71.1.2

Oct 26th, 2007 - 6:22 AM

Let me give everyone some advice. As much as we'd love to be able to create and black & white list it's been tried and resulted in a backlash you could hardly imagine. There is an article in the October issue of the Creepy Hollows magazine regarding identifying frauds and it explains that creating a black list will only cause the fraudulent sellers to seek revenge and not stop selling. We posted an entire list of ebay sellers, when they started selling in the Metaphysical category, if they had previous ebay names and if they sold in more than just the Metaphysical category. We received hate mail the likes of which you could hardly imagine. There were nasty remarks posted on forums such as Yahoo and the Rip Off Report subsequently.

The best you can do is share information with other collectors and before you buy read ALL THE WAY BACK in their feedback. Take the time to go to page one. You'd be surprised to see how many sellers are claiming to have 5, 6, 7 years of experience in the Metaphysical category and they've been selling in the Metaphysical category only since 2006.

Ask questions, anyone whose truly been in the lifestyle of the paranormal for any lengthy amount of time as they claim will know their stuff. If they can't answer simple questions with a reasonable answer, keep looking.

If you are hestitant ask for references. Again, anyone in the know for any amount of time will have references they can share with you.

The problem of frauds has been an issue with those of us in the paranormal field for MANY YEARS. I know it is also a problem that has plagued witches and covens for just as long too.

Unfortunately there is no way to protect those who don't know from buying from or dealing with a fraudulent seller. That is why each of us must take it upon ourselves to do as much research as we can before we buy.

Before eBay existed the only way for us to collect was through word of mouth and through our local community. Even in a community of face to face transactions we've been ripped off by the silver-tongued merchant. Now we only collect from tried and true connections and if we find someone new we ask and follow up on their references.

The longer you are interested in and live with this passion for the paranormal the easier it will become for you to spot fakes.

Magnolia.
Email: creepyhollows@hotmail.com

inquestfor

IP: 83.204.190.13

Oct 26th, 2007 - 1:03 PM

Thank you claire and magnolia.
I knew that somewhere it wasn't a good idea.
I had the luck to bought only real haunted from real seller (two from uamd)so i don't know how it feel to be fooled by a fraudulent seller. But when you dare to believe and you received a false item i can imagine it can be painful.
Email: junko_972@hotmail.com

MSN: junko_972@hotmail.com

Kay

IP: 66.167.202.117

Nov 16th, 2007 - 9:37 PM

No black or white lists. People can draw there own conclusions about who is real and not. People will find there own way. These sellers unique powerful items speak for themselves. In support of creepyhollows and other good eBay sellers I support you !
Email: egyptsy@earthlink.net

Return to “Seller Review”