active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Oh sorry about that Claire! I haven't heard this before
so I thought you were referring to the SRA's!

Brain Fart! lol

sofia
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

:funnypost:

Aww... poor wizard smilie.. :lol:

ambiew
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

that is neat to know!

AMBER

"Vampires,werewolves and faeries make my life magikal"
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Thanks Magnolia and others for replies!!

I connected with them last night and I figured that they seem to come in set. As in like they are 4 different angels, but they look like one.... Do you know what I mean? Is this normal?

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

teabags
neophyte
neophyte

[quote="cwamoon"]Really..? Wow!!

So, any entities that are protective, 4 is the best number..? Like werewolfs and wraith and harpies and dragons..?

I thought three was the number :P[/quote]

G'day,
The number 3 is more involved in magic and magical concepts than the original topic here. I think Magnolia can explain that best...and there's plenty of books out there. I always had '3' among my favorite numbers...don't know why it's some kind of affinity...
Anyway, the concept of "the power of 3" is to strengthen the essence and magical energies, as known in wicca...triangles have 3 points of power..

In Chinese magical philosophy, we call them "pillars" or "points" or power (literally in English)...
I recall very vaguely, if I can remember, something about 1st for power, 2nd for magic, 3rd for cosmic mysteries...something like that...LOL...

In our superstition, humans have 3 points of "magical flame" on us, the head, and our shoulders...My grandma used to see if you got lost in the woods, and hear voices calling you to look back, don't do it. Keeping walking forward and never look back. Your "3 points" are what protects you from evil entities trying to entice you...

I guess it's similar to "western magic", be it wicca, mage, witch, etc. If you look at a compass, there's 4 main cardinal points, followed by "sub-points", making a total of 8 "points" on a standard compass...We Chinese call it "4 faces" and "8 directions"...be it in philisophy or feng shui.
North, South, East, West...the 4 main points are most important...especially in terms of "magical defence"...highlighted by those who practice chinese magic, and ESPECIALLY Chinese BLACK magic...the most notorious being "Mao-Shan Tao Shu"...This is the infamous Chinese style BLACK magic, involving poisonous insects, venoms, creatures, corpses, human baby foetus...un-mentionable ingredients, curses, hexes, keeping evil spirits, Chinese vampires, zombies, necromancy, demons... unspeakable EVIL stuff...

Therefore, we have similar concepts to "western magic", in defence, it's best to cover all "4 pillars" of defence, so that you avoid getting "attacked" in anyone direction, especially "from the back"... which seems to be the most vulnerable...?
Just some input from my chinese heritage...

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." ~ The Land Before Time
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Fascinating terence and thank you for that info :D

Peace, light & love

Phil

Lanakila
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Actually, the "watchers" are Angels, never creatures. Creatures can be guardians, however. According to early Mesopotamian cults, there were four royal stars known as Lords which were called "the watchers." Each one of these stars ruled over one of the four cardinal points common to Astrology. This particular system dates back to 3000 B.C.

EAST WATCHER - ALDEBARAN - Vernal Equinox
SOUTH WATCHER - REGULUS - Summer Solstice
WEST WATCHER - ANTARES - Autumnal Equinox
NORTH WATCHER - FOMALHAUT - Winter Solstice

In the star myths, the watchers themselves were depicted as gods who guarded the heavens and earth. Earlier mystical Hebrew sects organized the "watchers" into an archangel hierarchy. According to this system, the "watchers" were ruled over by four great Archangel "watchers" known as: Mikaiel; Gabriel; Raphael and Auriel. In the Apocryphal Books of Enoch and Jubilee, the watchers were sent to Earth to teach law and justice to humankind. There are at least eleven of these archangels. It is said that these "watchers" are the fallen angels which magicians call forth in ceremonial magick.

E ku i ka mana kakou,

Lana

a'ohe i pau ka 'ike i ka halau ho'okahi
all knowledge is not contained in only one school
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Mahalo lanakila :thankyou:

Peace, light & love

Phil

Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

It has been my experience that Watchers are not angels nor are they human, they are something in between. I have a watcher and I can assure you this his particular energy is NOT angelic. He's not light and he's not dark, he's completely neutral. He's also NOT protective at all. He simply observes. He's willing to share his knowledge with me but I have to seek him out, he never offers. If I ask for his help or guidance he will do what he feels is required of him and that's pretty much it. I have heard others say that they are white light but I have heard as many others say they are not. I personally don't trust them all that much however that is based on my own personal experience.

Don't get me wrong, I like him just fine but if your looking for a lovely, white light, protective spirit I wouldn't recommend a watcher. If you want a spirit that is for the most part neutral and will give it to you in black and white then you'll probably get along with them just fine. Athough I would have to say that they are much harder to connect with than most spirits and wouldn't be well suited for a novice. They seem to requrie a LOT of effort to connect with and have the feeling of very, very old, unchanging energy. IMO anyway so take it as such. ;)

Bright Blessings~ Tammy

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
sid
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

xXxClairexXx wrote:Thanks Magnolia and others for replies!!

I connected with them last night and I figured that they seem to come in set. As in like they are 4 different angels, but they look like one.... Do you know what I mean? Is this normal?

Hi,

This is a nice post. Did you already have the relplies of all the quations you did in the above quote by now? (30 Dec 08)

Cheers!
----------
Sid

Return to “Angel Races”