sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Has anyone worked with these beings? I looked it up on wikipedia, and after watching The Ring, I'm a little apprehensive about Japanese spirits. LOL. Some days I feel very dark and am like what the heavens...

I want to get one, but I am concern they might take things to far. Some of the people I love most have a habit of talking crap about everyone all the time, and I am afraid at some point the spirit might see it as a threat, and do something I will regret. Then again, there are people I don't love who are obnoxious and always trying to get one over on others I find difficult to sit back and watch.

I know your going to say "house rules" but by the time the act is over, it's sometimes too late. I just want to know your experiences.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

Hopefully Kit will see this... He has a lot of experience (and has created some informative threads already).

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have a forest youkia and a blue flame one, and I have never had any trouble with either one at all!!! They are fine with my house rules!!!

I have quite a few other japanese spirits, some white and some dark, they are really fun to work with!!!

However Kit is the expert on them and I am sure he could provide you more insight on them!!!

I will tell you that mine have never gone against any of my house rules!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Something I forgot to mention, is that these spirits are very, and I mean, very loyal to their keeper, that is why they won't go against your house rules!!! ;)

Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

I have been working happily with yokai since the start of my spirit keeping. Just as stated and with every spirit house rules apply but should not be worried over. Yokai have been working with humans on many levels on greater terms for a long time now. I am probably a spirit keeper that is very easy going with their house rules if applied any at all. Yokai are tricksters, friends, lovers, and most of all great teachers. A yokai spirit within the home can be very playful both bound and unbound, and so you may see their actions result in things missing for shirt periods of time, electronics turning on and off and so on. Most if not all arevery adept at illusion and disguises. Some are great at protection, healing, intelligence, stalking, and with most mqgick.
Some are great loves and wish no ill on humans at all, some are the same in that motion but show their love in pranks, but this should be done without scaring you and causing ill mentallity.
All in all the more lighter yokai to start out with are Baku, kitsune, some kappa...
Really trust in your yokai and that gives them strength to trust you and in so you enjoy each other, also as stated before, they are very loyal, and some are very clan based and in so they do no harm to you as you learn and live like a clan base.
Most yokai won't act unless they have information, they need info to act in most cases, because they have to have insight to use any form of interference if needed....so it takes time and is thought over if acting for a human companion. Most want the human to think over the actions to take themselves..but that could be because I'm young

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Ahh Kit I knew you would put your very wise words and experiences in here as you know these spirits very well!!!! I forgot about the pranks, as I have had that happen with some of my guys and girls, and we all end up having a good laugh, as they tell me I get too serious sometimes :lol: :silly:

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Most of my yokai are new additions, but from what I am learning and understanding, i second everything Kit has said. Very loyal, and very respectful. Some of my strongest and most trusted bonds.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

They are quite entertaining, and their endless amount of manifestations are quite clever. We have the channel to the Yokai, but we've been contemplating posting more specific Yokai that are fun to interact with.

As with all things, there is a range, and certainly you don't want to work with anything too dark.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:They are quite entertaining, and their endless amount of manifestations are quite clever. We have the channel to the Yokai, but we've been contemplating posting more specific Yokai that are fun to interact with.

As with all things, there is a range, and certainly you don't want to work with anything too dark.
Oh wow if you do that Magnolia I would so be there for that!!!! :D :thumbup:

Sesshoumaru
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: shinigami/deathdealr
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sesshoumaru-sama
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:They are quite entertaining, and their endless amount of manifestations are quite clever. We have the channel to the Yokai, but we've been contemplating posting more specific Yokai that are fun to interact with.

Oh wow if you do that Magnolia I would so be there for that!!!! :D :thumbup:

2nd'ed! XD :thumbup: ::bop::

--Lucky
"The emotions of those who are thought to be beautiful are always full of sorrow." --Treize Khushrenada
"A sheep that tastes blood becomes a wolf...and cannot return to the flock." --Kudou Yohji (WK OVA)

Return to “Creatures”