Magical Tips Appreciated

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

Possibly not entirely appropriate under this section but am seeking any tips or remedies that may work in fading hyperpigmentation. I've had this dark mark appear on my lower lip like two months ago and it's making me very self-conscious. Sure, anxious and nervous too because it may perhaps be something suspect but could also just be an age-spot.

Went to see a very unsympathetic doctor earlier who dismissed it before even glancing at it. She was like "Oh so you're concerned purely for cosmetic reasons?". Uh, how about the fact that it's this dark mark that's just suddenly and randomly appeared one day, like out of nowhere? Anyway, she had nothing to suggest and wasn't the least bit interested.

I've tried lemon juice twice daily already and that hasn't made a difference so if you have anything that could work like a charm it would be much welcomed and appreciated. At the moment I'm just piling on the lippy but you can still see the mark peering from underneath, trying to break free. There goes my love life - who's going to want to kiss my diseased lip now?

Please help! Everybody. Anybody. Please. Yes, you, reading this right this very second. Help. Please. Thank. You.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I wish I had a suggestion to offer. I really do. But I can understand the frustration of dealing with doctors who don't really care enough about the patient to really look at the source of an issue. I hope you find a solution. But please...try not to let this get to you so much. I know it's rather cliche...but if someone is worth your time, they won't dismiss you for such a small thing as this. :(

While I haven't dealt with this particular issue, I do speak from experience when I say that. I started to lose my teeth far sooner than I should have...before I even hit 30. I never did drugs to cause it (despite what my family believed and denied), my filling simply started falling out with no insurance and my teeth crumbled from there. I'm now 35 with no teeth and no dentures (thanks to my lovely stepmother). So I can certainly understand the worry of what a potential boyfriend might think. But you will only hinder your own relationships by worrying about it.

My recommendation is that you get a second opinion...to find out the actual cause of it. It's healthy to be concerned about the potential cause and how it might affect your health. And it might take time (hopefully, it will be healed sooner), but if this is a permanent mark (and I hate having to suggest it might be) then you will need to learn to overcome the self-consciousness it causes you. Your opinion of yourself affects the way others see you much more than the thing itself does.

I know that a mark anywhere on your face seems like the end of any social life. I went through the same thing with my teeth. While you might think a mark on your lip is more noticeable than teeth, it's really the same. Every time I spoke, I worried what others might think because I knew it was impossible to hide. I didn't even THINK of smiling. But do you really want to live that way, even for awhile? Worrying about others eyes being drawn to a mark on your mouth will cause you to suppress your beautiful personality as it did me...and that is no way to live. I know.

So don't let it keep you from being YOU. Seek a second opinion to find the medical cause. But don't let the mark itself keep you from living your life. Granted, there are some shallow people out there...but are those really the people you want to live your life for?

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That's a very honest and caring reply. Thanks for taking the time to share your story, and for offering comforting words.

I do feel your pain. I know I'm being shallow and superficial - like what's one mark on my lip in comparison to people who have lost a limb and so forth? I can't help it though. I've been told to monitor it for growth. And to keep an eye on whether more develop. The thing is I can see three other faint ones so it's not a good sign because apparently it's linked to the intestines and that scary C word.

I could see a dermatologist for their opinion but I don't really have the cash for this, especially if they are just going to suggest laser surgery. In the mean time I'm just 'googling' creams that may (or may not) work.

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Tinkerbell wrote:Possibly not entirely appropriate under this section but am seeking any tips or remedies that may work in fading hyperpigmentation. I've had this dark mark appear on my lower lip like two months ago and it's making me very self-conscious. Sure, anxious and nervous too because it may perhaps be something suspect but could also just be an age-spot.

Went to see a very unsympathetic doctor earlier who dismissed it before even glancing at it. She was like "Oh so you're concerned purely for cosmetic reasons?". Uh, how about the fact that it's this dark mark that's just suddenly and randomly appeared one day, like out of nowhere? Anyway, she had nothing to suggest and wasn't the least bit interested.

I've tried lemon juice twice daily already and that hasn't made a difference so if you have anything that could work like a charm it would be much welcomed and appreciated. At the moment I'm just piling on the lippy but you can still see the mark peering from underneath, trying to break free. There goes my love life - who's going to want to kiss my diseased lip now?

Please help! Everybody. Anybody. Please. Yes, you, reading this right this very second. Help. Please. Thank. You.
Tink, my sister has the same thing so I'll get in touch with her and let you know what she's been doing to treat it. I saw her back in April and didn't notice it until she really pointed it out...so she must have some way of healing it. But also make sure you see a dermatologist because some sun spots can lead to nasty things. I'm not trying to scare you because I'm sure you're fine...but any doctor who doesn't take skin issues seriously makes me furious!!!

:ot: Psst...I'm doing your reading tonight since my husband watched blood and gore movies into the wee hours of the morning. There was no way I could work on anything with screams from the t.v. and the squirting sounds....eeeeeww!!! :irked:

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

It would be lovely if you could pass on any advice or suggestions she has to offer.

I think my only options at the moment are to continue to monitor it for growth, or seek a private dermatologist - I don't really have funds that will stretch to the latter but am going to research into prices and what not. I think if it's just a regular pigmentation problem then laser therapy would be the only choice but like I said, I'm not loaded enough for that kind of treatment. But yes, was very disappointed that the doctor was not even slightly concerned - surely any birth mark that just appears should be tested, precautions and all that. Yes, more likely than not it's nothing, well, it is something but nothing if you know what I mean but still would prefer to be safe than sorry.

So far I have ordered some random cream for dark spots which I doubt will work in eliminating the problem. There seems to be a lot of fuss about lightening/bleaching creams and Retin A gels, neither of which I feel comfortable trying just yet. I don't think lightening/bleach creams would target just the problem area, don't think they are specific enough in that sense, would probably affect all the melanin in the area in which they are applied.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I found couple of natural Ayurvedic home remedies that could perhaps help you.

Natural home remedy using tomato, oatmeal and yogurt:

1. Crush 1 tomato
2. Press on a sieve and extract its juice
3. Add 2 tsp oatmeal to it
4. Add ½ tsp yogurt
5. Apply on the patches
6. Allow it to dry naturally
7. Leave it for 15-20 min
8. Wash off with lukewarm water
9. Do this every day

Natural home remedy using turmeric powder and lemon juice:

1. Take 1 tsp turmeric powder
2. Add 1 tsp lemon juice
3. Mix well
4. Apply on the affected area
5. Leave it for 15 min to dry
6. Wash off with cold water
7. Do not expose skin to the sun immediately after this
8. Application at bedtime is advisable

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks Aurum. Turmeric is going on my shopping list! Will definitely give that a go since I have so many lemons in my fridge already!

swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

It sounds like it could be a sun spot, HOWEVER, I really don't want to diagnose it without seeing it cos it could be something worse. If it is a sun spot, I get those and my dermatologist just sprays something on it and it eventually just peels off. But of course, you do have to get into a dermatologist, which probably isn't a bad idea "just in case" it is something more serious.

I don't know if you have insurance, but it should cover this type of visit. Good luck!!........ :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”