Cheap Savory Breakfast ideas?

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Wild Dove
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel/Centaur
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I am doing weight watchers and I was eating breakfast sandwiches everyday, but that gets expensive (almost $4 for a box of two, so that means $12 for the week) when your broke. I don't like sweet oatmeal as for me it's not very filling, I don't like cold cereal, and it has to be something I can take and heat up at work. I have to have a protein, carb, and maybe some veggies or calcium item. It has to not take alot of time for prep work because I have a 5 month old who hates doing any one thing for longer than 15 minutes, I can prepare it the night before, and I can do other things while it cooks. I have alot of brown rice if anyone has ideas to use that up as well. I'd love any hot savory breakfast ideas, but I am mainly looking for something along the line of savory hot cereal with protein such as what I had today - cheesy grits and a boiled egg. Oh, and cheap!

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Toast with black berry jam, an egg sammich, juice.

Om nom nom.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you're going to eat a lot of eggs, pick up one of those silly Eggies kitchen contraptions where you make a hard boiled egg with no shell. You can use all egg whites and mix in whatever flavor you want. Then a nice piece of toast with sliced tomatoes and sprouts with a warm sliced egg.

They also work well for adding to salads because you can spice the egg whites however you prefer, and mix it up so the flavors stay interesting.

I like left over brown rice with some almond milk, a bit of butter, and sprinkling of chopped nuts. Heat and eat like an oatmeal. But that may be a little too sweet for your taste.

I will say that crescent roll dough can be wrapped around just about anything and turned into a workable portable breakfast, but it isn't exactly the healthiest option.

Return to “Dinner to Die For”