Liches, Lichdom, and the meaning of... death?

Zenzile
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Hi everyone.

I had a few questions. First what are liches? I mean I want an in depth answer. Who were they and what are they. What is it that these beings do etc? Id like a really in depth answer and possibly some old sources of information.

Now, what is Lichdom? Again I'd like in depth reading material and info please.

Lastly my most important question. What does death mean to you. What do you feel from death and why is it that death is never without life/vise versa. Really I just want a discussion on death. Do me death is very wide. There are soo many aspects of it. I really do feel also for our human deaths that death is graduation of the soul I suppose into your next stage of life. It also seems to me that death is very misunderstood and unknown. It really is impossible to put in words the feeling of death energy. I have yet to really explore death but these are many iinitial impressions

Zenzile
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Dear God the kindle is the biggest piece of crap. The Internet always glitches.

Anyway I'm looking at you Noctifera and Xeritch as contributors. I agree with you two that this is a path travelled alone but I'm just looking for conversation.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Hi,

I've posted some on the subject previously. I don't have much more to add.. could probably put my past commentary into more clarity now, but for the moment will refer to those posts -

http://creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... 68&t=25580

http://creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... 01&t=27660

http://creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... =3&t=28695

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Also, as a general comment on what has been termed lichdom..

'Lich', as most recognize it today is a term that comes from RPG culture, and fantasy/horror fiction. The original meaning is not quite as complex, referring simply to a corpse.
I'm sure I've touched on that here before and most can find that for themselves, but it's important as you're not going to find that terminology if you're searching the majority of occult sources, and it's certainly not something you'd readily find used in ancient texts.

Though, this attainment, the path of the sorcerer who becomes one with the dead to such an extent that they can be considered, as well, a living corpse.. the undead.. in one manner or another, is a real thing.
And it's not to be trifled with.. Death is seductive. What is considered the path of the lich, the path of the corpse.. is an apex of necrotic power but not something the common practitioner strives for, or should for that matter.. Extremely complex, not readily available to you, and will never be a relevant option to the average practitioner.

Many idealize these romanticized notions of power.. (yes, even illustrated with some sense of gritty realism are nonetheless perceived as magnificent) that's a flaw of humanity. I can't imagine that as many who are allured by power, immortality and transcendence of their human existence have purpose for it.
And without a grounding, control of self, illuminated mind and spirit, and comprehension that all such things come at a serious price - you'll burn faster than the match can hold the flame. And you might anyway.. and that's why 'lichdom' is the last thing aspiring necromancers/practitioners of the death arts probably need to be thinking about..jumping in the deep end before they've even known the faces of death.

Know them intimately and your whole world will tremble.. that, in itself, is a daring endeavor.

Zenzile
new here
new here
Zodiac: