Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This game is amazing, 10/10. It's the latest game from Quantic Dreams, the creators of Heavy Rain, Indigo Prophecy and Kara as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ4BB7vpJgo

If you haven't played Beyond: Two souls, buy it! Buy it now! You won't regret it. There is no other video game like it. It has an amazing story about a girl and the deep relationship she has between her and an entity that is attached/bound to her and the life struggles she endures for being different. I cannot explain how much this game reminds me SO MUCH of spirit keeping, the relationship we have with our spirits/entities, it's insane. It actually makes me wonder if some of the creators know about people who have bound spirits/entities and if there is a spirit keeper amongst the developers.

This game is amazing, the story puts you on the edge of your seat and the decisions you make deeply impact the story. You follow the life of the character named Jodie who was born with an entity attached/connected/bound to her, named Aiden and you will LOVE Aiden, it reminds me SO MUCH of our spirits and entity friends. The creators of the game made it so realistic and believable, the deep relationship that the girl has with her entity companion. Sure, there are parts that are hollywood-like for example how Aiden can physically move objects, so some things like that are exaggerated but the game tries to be as realistic as possible and there is truly NO other game like it. There is NO other game that shows such a realistic belieavable amazing story between a human and a spirit/entity companion.

It reminds me so so so much of spirit keeping, it's insane. The conversations between the main character and her entity companion, you will come to love Aiden and he reminds me so so so much of my spirits. I love how you get to control Aiden and it always makes me wonder,"Could this be like how my spirits feel when they're trying to get my attention and I can't hear?" or moving Aiden around a room and thinking,"Could this be how it's like to be a spirit bound to someone and exploring their house?". I can't explain how much I think about my relationship with my spirits when I see the relationship between the main character Jodie and her entity companion. There is no other game that shows such a realistic relationship as this. There is a lot of truth and reality in this game's story, the creators tried to make it as realistic as possible. Sure they exaggerate a little bit with how the spirit can move physical objects and how the girl is like,"Open the door for me" or "Do this, do that" but I feel like the creators of the game tried to make the story as realistic as possible and I feel pretty attached to the characters. Even though you don't SEE the entity, you get to grow a fondness for the character. Even though the entity/spirit in the game doesn't say a single word and is invisible, you will LOVE him, the creators fleshed out the character so much, there is a lot of substance and realism between the relationships, a lot of fondness and realism in a character that doesn't say a word and is invisible. It reminds me so much of real life and how we try to form a relationship with spirits/entities we can't even hear or see.

I am so amazed at that because so many paranormal movies and video games seem so cartoonish like many anime's and such, in many games and media they show people having familiars or spirit guardians but they always show them in a cartoony way or like a game where people summon spirits to fight for them in battle and yadda yadda it's just not realistic. I deeply appreciate and love how Beyond: Two Souls made the entity/spirit so real, reminding me so much of my own spirit companions. The game truly has helped me visualize or imagine how my spirits could possibly "see" in their own perspective. In the game, you control the entity and it always makes me wonder if that is how my spirits could see in that perspective. For example there's a part where you have to get someone's attention but of course they can't hear or see Aiden and you wonder,"Is that how my spirits feel when they're trying to get my attention?" it's just awesome the way this game makes you THINK so much of your spirits and what is REAL and what is truly out there when it comes to spirit keepers and their relationship with their spirits/entities. Like there's a part where the main character is just tidying things up in an apartment and cooking and she's having a conversation/silly argument with her entity companion and that reminds me so so much of what people have shared in the forum with their little arguments and conversations with their spirits/entities. This game reminded me SO MUCH of the things I've read on this forum, of people's experiences. Throughout the game, I was often thinking,"Oh wow, I remember reading about that on the forum! Huh!" and again,"Oh wow, that reminds me SO MUCH of the things I've read about this person or that having a similar experience."

It truly made me think so much of my spirits and I feel like it actually helped me understand their perspective better, the perspective of a spirit/entity who's bound to a human, who's a protector and friend who cares about their human friend. I recommend this game to everyone, it's a true gem. I feel like they really tried their best to be respectful and realistic about the idea of humans and their attached/bound spirit companions. I swear, I wonder if there's a spirit keeper amongst the developers. This game just blew me away. :cloud9:
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

Just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhreIuD ... AtAOFKpO7A :D I liked this game a lot better than Heavy Rain, I can't wait to see what Quantic Dream will come up with next. They get better and better with each release. :)
Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
Zodiac:

Ah, yes... Love this game. I wasn't going to get it first, but succumbed when I looked it up.

I thought Aiden's interactions were through telekinesis? It's pretty obvious if you replay "Norah".
He does technically speak, but only Jodie understands him.

Heh, during "The Dinner", if you take a shower, Aiden leaves this on the bathroom mirror;
"YOU DON'T NEED HIM, YOU HAVE ME."

Excellent game.
"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”