Is it okay to show Hellhounds affection?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

As some of you may know I recently acquired a Hellhound as part of my Halloween 'Power of 3' Binding and I have to admit that I have REALLY taken to him as he is just the most incredible companion; he literally never leaves my side and is always ready to protect me. However, I was just wondering if it's okay to 'adore' Hellhounds? as I am aware that some DA spirits such as Wraiths and Djinn see offerings and affection from their keepers as a sign of weakness. I'm probably being over paranoid as the CH encyclopedia lists treat recommendations for Hellhounds where as with Wraiths it stresses that this is not recommended...
METHODS OF CONNECTING

Φ Treats for Hellhounds include cotton bedding, up-tempo music.
METHODS OF CONNECTING

Φ Treats for Wraiths are not recommended

Any feedback would be much appreciated ::thanx::

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

As a keeper of a few hell hounds, of course I treat them with affection, they are loving towards me, so of course I give them affection as well!!!! They will lay on the bed which is amazing as there is always cats on that bed :lol: :lol:

We have a close bond and they are very good with protection!!!!! They will go wherever I go when I am the dream world, always looking at and sometimes taking me to the underworld from time to time and there they stay very close!!!!

So yes give them affection!!!! ;) :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I say if anything likes affection- give it! My hellhound doesn't like affection. Not even a pat. ;)

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Yllidra
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 99
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Yllidra

I have a few hellhounds and I see nothing wrong with it. I do treat mine with affection if they wish. However, they are diverse in personality so I find it varies on how much and the type of affection they wish to receive. When they come home I bond with each of them separately. It really helps to discover what they prefer.

For example, one of my female hellhounds is a complete loner and prefers to stalk the premise of my property offering her protection in that way. She is not a big talker and really values her alone time though during the winter when we have a roaring fire going I see her sneaking into the house and enjoy the blaze. I thank her for her loyalty and devotion and have an altar setup outside where I leave her crystals (which she loves) and treats. She is not that big on affection but I do tell her I appreciate her.

One of my males is quite lazy and can be cuddly. He likes to lounge in the living room and be close to the family, but if there is danger he is up like lightening ready to join the pack. He will sometimes follow my child around acting as a personal guard. I always tell him how wonderful he is and burn sweet incense for him. He loves the affection.

I adore Hellhounds. :heart:

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

The best thing to do is ask them.
I used to tell all my spirit family "I love you guys" every morning... until I got a few sneers from some of the darker spirits (including one of my hellhounds). So, I gave them the choice of "I love you" or "I respect you". Most like the word "Love", and the ones that don't are mostly OK with "respect".... though there are a few that don't want ANY form of emotional recognition. They just want to "do the job" and let it go at that.
:D

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Thanks for the feedback guys! this is very helpful :thumbup:

It seems that it's really not a 'one size fits all' when it comes to stuff like this! but after reading what you have all said I do think think he appreciates the sentiments as his energy grows stronger when I send loving appreciation 'vibes' towards him :D what confused me was that I have felt him by my side when I was half asleep and I wasn't sure if this was a protection thing or him showing affection and with him being new to the family I didn't want to offend him or anything! but going with my instincts I think it's his way of both showing affection and making me feel safe :D I really should trust my 'gut' more ::facepalm::

It's funny because my Hellhound is more affectionate than my Courtwind Angels (they're all business!) and I never would have believed that just a few months ago! :lol:

Thanks again guys :grouphug:

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”