new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hi,
I just bought myself an ifrit djinn custom conjured after browsing all the different djinns in the shop, and I decided to read about ifrit djinns on the CH encyclopedia and I found out that their associated month is October, and I was born in October, do you think this could explain why I was drawn to the ifrit and not another one? Oh and also, I bought the charging energy with the vessel, do I still need a charging box?
Thanks

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

Hello!

Welcome to CH by the way noticed your new :), and that is very possible that the link is their with the month, though most likely it could be more that the ifrit wants to work with you and it was a form of a calling that you where drawn to it, you find a lot of people are drawn to specific type of spirits due to their energy, I myself only have a djinn family as I work very well with them, some others enjoy dragons, or fae you find quite a diverse range but it most likely isnt just coincidence they end up with a lot of a specific type of spirit there will be some method to it that being their energy or personality works best with them type of spirits.

And if you bought the charging energy you won't need a charging box for the spirit :)

Vyriz
new here
new here

Thank you :)
Looks like you know your way thru djinns, I might be asking you some more stuff later :)
So thank you again for your reply!
(Off topic, you look very good on your pic)

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Hi & ::welcome:: to Creepy Hollows!

I think you could be drawn to an Ifrit for any number of reasons. I doubt it's because their month is October and that's when your birthday is. If that was a common occurrence there wouldn't be much balance to our spirit families! There might be one out there calling to you and you picked up on that, that's usually how it happens. You probably subconsciously chose the type that's most like you.

Of the Djinn, I am drawn to Ifrits the most, about a third of my spirit family are Djinn & most of them are Ifrits. I'm not sure why I prefer Ifrits either, but the ones I've seen listed seem to have more of everything I'm interested in and out of all my family, the Ifrits are the only ones who spoke to me from their listings. They can have a wicked sense of humour, more so than any other Djinn but they can be real trouble makers if they want to as well. You need strict house rules for an Ifrit because they will twist your words unless your rules are clear.

If you bought the charging energy you won't need to charge the vessel as well. I also have charging energy on my vessels but they still enjoy a night under the Full Moon as a treat and they don't like to be in the sun much at all. It's the different feel to the energy that the Moon gives that they like. Sometimes they like incense as well.

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Vyriz
new here
new here

Thank you so much jellybean!
I have been thinking about house rules as well but I have no idea what rules I could set...
Thanks for the advice, I thought they'd like some moon light indeed!

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

The first houserule I thought of and would recommend it to any keeper of djinn, is to not grant a wish unless you call their name specifically before the wish, because you may go through the day and say things like, Oh I wish he'd get lost, oh I wish this traffic would hurry up, and you never know what the consequences may be with them especially with ifrit :)

Others include not to harm family members or friends, or twist wishes, others might also include to keep a low profile and not to appear infront of parents etc and scare them, so that can be a good starting ground :)

Vyriz
new here
new here

Thanks!
I see basically rules to prevent your Djinn to mess with you

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Ikabard has some good examples. Definitely identify who you are requesting to grant your wish. Even at first when you only have one spirit, because soon you'll have more! I thought I'd only get a few but once they start calling... I even had one spirit put himself on my wish list so of course I had to buy him, I hadn't even been looking at his listing!

I would suggest taking it one step further and write it in a book. And be very precise with your wording because they will twist your words if they can. A good idea is to get a notebook and keep it by the bed to write down your dreams and random thoughts that come to you because that is one way spirits communicate. As your spirit family increases you will soon start to identify different ones from their differing personalities. And you can write your wishes & date & who you asked in the notebook, then make a little ritual, read the wish out to them and burn them some incense as an offering or do something else. You might get other ideas once you get to know your spirit and then later you can write down how & when you start to see your wish manifesting.

There are a lot of good ideas on house rules that you can find with a search here. Some you will like and others won't really apply to the type of spirit you have.

And, depending on your living situation, I wouldn't mention anything about spirit keeping to anyone you live with until you are sure you know they will be OK with it.

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

EVERYONE HAS GIVEN YOU GOOD ADVICE.

HOUSE RULES ARE A MUST. THAT WAY IT SETS THE TONE FOR YOU AS A KEEPER, & WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR SPIRIT COMPANIONS. PUTTING YOUR FOOT DOWN, & LAYING THE LAW OF THE LAND, ONLY CEMENTS YOU AS THE LEADER AMONGST THE GROUP, WHICH IS WHAT YOU WANT.

PEOPLE ARE OFTEN DRAWN TO SPIRITS THAT HAVE A CONNECTION WITH THEM, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, BE IT PERSONALITY, BIRTH MONTH, BEHAVIORS, NUMBER ASSOCIATION, ETC. IT REALLY HELPS FOR INITIAL CONTACT & BONDING.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF

Return to “Djinn / Genie”