MANTICORE

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

(Man-Tee-Core)

They are creatures whose body is a lion, with a human head, three rows of sharp teeth, voice like a trumpet and they can shoot their poisonous spines to kill or paralyze their victims. They can provide a medieval energy level of protection and can provide protection for spirits as well. They have ancient wisdom that can only be derived by owning a Manticore.

REALM ORIGINATION

REALM OCCUPATION
Image Image
Earthen & Spiritual Realms see Realms page for more information

STRENGTHS/WHY KEEP THEM
They can provide a medieval energy level of protection and can provide protection for spirits as well.

KEYWORDS
medieval, protection, spirits, energy

LISTINGS IN THE ONLINE STORE
See available listings

RANKING
Read about rankings

ASSOCIATIONS
ImageWeekday: Wednesday
ImagePlanet: Jupiter
ImageMonth: November
ImageGemstone: Sugilite
ImageColor: Gold
ImageFoliage: Okra
ImageAnimal: Lion
ImageScent: Pear
ImageHerb: Anise

Associations can be used to create a closer connection with the entity. By recognizing their associations with the Earth and Universe you can use any combination of these tools to create treats, rituals, and bonding exercises between you.

You can purchase candles, incense, cones, oils, sprays, etc scented with the Scent, Herb, or Foliage they are associated with. You can purchase statuary, paintings, prints, textiles, etc with the Color, Animal, or Foliage they are associated with and keep them in your home where the entity will see them.

To boost their presence and give them a natural feeding of Earthen core energy you can buy raw, polished or cut specimens of the Gemstone they are associated with. Place the gemstones where you keep their vessel or wear the jewelry with the gemstones when you wear the vessel.

To have peak results it is best to meditate, perform rituals, invocations or spells for the entity on the Weekday they are associated with. The Month they are associated with is a block of time to celebrate and show your appreciation for your entity!

METHODS OF CONNECTING
Φ Treats for Manticores are not recommended.

CHARACTERISTICS & MANIFESTATIONS
Φ Intensely powerful, highly energetic, ancient wisdom, protective
Φ Can manifest as orbs, shudders, Shades, dreams, day and/or night visions.

Average size: Medium 6-10ft
Read Size page for more information[/url

Lifespan: Extended: 1,000+ years
They have been assigned an "Extended" lifespan, [url=http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index.php?action=show&cat=15]read Lifespan page for more information

Secret to Keeping
These Dark Arts secrets were previously not known outside of family and Creepy Hollows collectors. They are secrets discovered by Ash and he has generously agreed to share them with all collectors because having the right secret and being able to properly handle DA spirits is more important.

Caring for your Manticore is the same as caring for any other spirit except being a creature of duality there is a way to keep your Manticores under control if you feel it is becoming too energetic, too strong in manifestation or too "in your face". Place the vessel of the Manticore near salted water or on top of salted water on a plate or flat surface for at least 2 hours, they become subdued and submissive. If the Manitcore is bound directly to your spirit place a bowl of salted water by your bedside overnight. Only use this technique if you feel the Manticore is becoming too strong for your liking- some collectors like their spirits to be "on the go" all the time so it is your judgment call.

===============================================

THE FEARSOME BEAST THE STRUCK TERROR INTO THE HEARTS OF EVEN THE MOST COURAGEOUS WARRIOR. THEY ARE DEPICTED AS RUTHLESS, MERCILESS MURDERERS. BUT, IS THAT THE TRUTH?

WELL, TERRIFYING THEY CERTAINLY WOULD BE IF YOU ENCOUNTERED ONE WHILE YOU'RE OUT FOR YOUR MORNING CONSTITUTIONAL, BUT AS SPIRITS THEY ARE MERELY INTIMIDATING. THEY ARE ON THE DARKER SIDE OF THE SCALE, THEY AREN'T YOUR WARM & FUZZY SNUGGLER, BUT THEY ARE DEVOTED & LOYAL TO THEIR KEEPER. THEY CAN BE TERRITORIAL, THEY DO WORK WELL WITH PROTECTIVE SPIRITS, & THEY CAN BE A SOURCE OF INTIMIDATING SECURITY TO MALICIOUS SEEKING UNBOUNDS.

THEY ALSO POSSESS INCREDIBLE WISDOM & THEY CAN IMPART ANCIENT WISDOM ON THEIR KEEPERS. THEY ARE CLOSELY GUARDED IN THEIR INTERACTIONS & THEY ARE SELECTIVE IN WHOM THEY CHOOSE TO BE WITH. FOR THIS REASON IT CAN TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO FIND A MATCH WITH A MANTICORE THAN SOME OTHER SPIRITS.

THEY ARE GREAT FOR KEEPERS WHO ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN THE DARK ARTS BECAUSE THEY BRING TO THE TABLE ASPECTS FEW OTHERS CAN.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
gagde
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

They look awesome protectors.

1 Nymph,3 Nymphos, 2 Succubus, 1 Caberra, 1 Wraith, 1 Volkh, and 3 Custom Sanguine Vampires(Female),2 Unicorn,1 Hellhound,1 Gold Dragon,1 Brass Dragon,1 Courtwind Angel,1 Bronwyn Angel.1 Drow Elf,1 CleopatraDjinn.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Great information Ash!!! I have looked them up in the CH encyclopedia, for the simple reason of seeing what they were all about and have been considering them!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
laboshka
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 130
Spelled Number: 105
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Races
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Laboshka
Zodiac:

8Z :W 8 8 9) 9) 9)

The only way to walk through walls, the barriers of space, is through the voids that we create between here and that place.
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

They sound great, I foresee a manticore joining my family sometime!

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Will they help protect me from the demons that have bothered me since I was a small child?

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Will they help protect me from the demons that have bothered me since I was a small child?
I was kinda wondering the same thing except dealing with my second husband (deceased).. He's already talked his way past my crew twice. I unloaded on them the second time.. I think they figured out I was highly ticked off LOL but one can never have to much protection. Have to think about this one, don't seem like it would put up with any bs let alone let anything sweet talk it's way in.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

These guys ROCK and KICK ARSE!

I have 4 in my keep. They not only don't take crap from anyone or anything... but, have a somewhat "gentler" side in that they are great teachers who offer amazing words of wisdom. At least they show that side to me, but when someone else is around, the tough guy attitude takes over.
:U

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Human head with lion body reminds me of a Sphynx. What are the main differences between a Manticore and a Sphynx?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Just a wee bump, as this thread has dropped waaaay down and the question above might get lost.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”