Tomte?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Paz
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

So I just found our my surprise me spirit is on the way and it's a Tomte! :dancing:

Honestly not something I was expecting but a protector is always welcome.

So my question to the community iiiissssssss... what sort of experiences have you had with yours?
::Anyone::

In a proud family of many wonderful spirits.

Related to the Greek God of Dreams, Morpheus.
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Don't have one myself, but they sound like fascinating characters.

Wishing you the best of luck, and giving you a ::bump::

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Oh I have been looking at one of these guys. When you get if you post your experiences with him, I would love to read it.

ElvenPrincess
active contributor
active contributor

Paz wrote:So I just found our my surprise me spirit is on the way and it's a Tomte! :dancing:

Honestly not something I was expecting but a protector is always welcome.

So my question to the community iiiissssssss... what sort of experiences have you had with yours?
::Anyone::
Hi, Paz,
I just saw your post on the forum. My husband is Norwegian, and the tomte, or tomten, if I'm not mistaken are the Nisse (Nissen) or gnomes from Scandinavian who are linked to the Winter Solstice and the Christmas Yule holidays. They are very friendly, usually live in barns if on a property, and take care of the animals, domestic and wild. I think my husband mentioned that people put out milk or cream and bread or other types of food offerings for them. They are supposed to be kind and gentle spirits.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

sorry to mention this, but i'm sure the information will be useful to others...but paz is no longer a member

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

ElvenPrincess wrote: Hi, Paz,
I just saw your post on the forum. My husband is Norwegian, and the tomte, or tomten, if I'm not mistaken are the Nisse (Nissen) or gnomes from Scandinavian who are linked to the Winter Solstice and the Christmas Yule holidays. They are very friendly, usually live in barns if on a property, and take care of the animals, domestic and wild. I think my husband mentioned that people put out milk or cream and bread or other types of food offerings for them. They are supposed to be kind and gentle spirits.
You are spot on, ElvenPrincess. :D Another food offering that Scandinavian people leave out for them (the Tomte) or Santa Claus is rice porridge. So if anyone has a Tomte in their keep, they could try making some rice porridge and offer that to them. :)

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:
You are spot on, ElvenPrincess. :D Another food offering that Scandinavian people leave out for them (the Tomte) or Santa Claus is rice porridge. So if anyone has a Tomte in their keep, they could try making some rice porridge and offer that to them. :)
Yes, it seems that the folklore surrounding them is pretty much the same in the Nordic countries. In Finland are called Tonttu, though.

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0

Aurum wrote:
Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:
Yes, it seems that the folklore surrounding them is pretty much the same in the Nordic countries. In Finland are called Tonttu, though.
Ahh! A german association to Tomte, Tonttu is Skibsnissen, or traditionally known as Klabautermann.
We know them as "Nisse", i.e. Nis Puk

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”