Mass Astral Projection Sessions page!

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
VisVires
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 30
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

So based on great feedback from the recent Wonders of Atlantis chat party mass AP session, it was recommended that maybe we have a dedicated page within the AP/OBE section for Mass AP sessions! A place where we can set up sessions to travel together in one of the chat rooms, and of course post the experiences, and everything else that might be relevant :)

What do you think, everyone!? 8Y

ImageImage

"You have no idea how high I can fly..." - Michael Scott, "The Office" :p
1 Gold Djinn, 1 Golden High Elf, 1 Amon-re, 1 Custom Orange Dragon, 1 possible Soul Mate Vampire, 1 Custom Cleopatra Djinn, 1 R.A. Werewolf, 1 Empress of Water Servitor, 1 Ancestral Were-Panther, 1 Ancestral Sanguine Vampire, 1 Ancestral Troll, 1 Ancestral Elf, 1 Ancestral Were-Cat
Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

Xeritch wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVsTtSrOMsI

This is what I think...
I shall second that *salutes*

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Cheshire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think it's an awesome idea!!!

Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

Great idea! I had so much fun at Mt Olympus I'd love to do it again!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I don't think something like this is a good idea to do via the chatroom.

And I still am not of the mind that one can truly 'astral project' in that state, I think for those who may be having genuine experiences what you're doing is simply tuning into another level of consciousness or a second gear where you are sensitive to the energies and projections of each other. Others may just be following in imagination.
I comment on this coming from the perspective of someone who, years back, had conducted a metaphysical project here and attempted to hold meditations or focused energy stimulation in the chat every so often in support of it - which can over time provoke astral experiences in dream and the like. It was often taken in a weird direction by certain participants and from what I could see, there is negative potential in that if you don't have a reasonable leader around to keep things in check.

I think if you want to do this rather than rely solely on technology for your connection, you need to correlate a time where each of you go there on your own terms, without external factors to disrupt the process so that you have a real chance for results. Like dreaming at the same time and looking to share those dreams.
Coming together to connect every so often, connect energies and whatever makes sense but it's all about designing a schedule that each of you can abide by independently, and it's keeping to that where you are doing something together. This allows opportunity to really validate your interactions as well as grow a lot in this manner of work.

I have a great deal of experience with astral and dream work.
It may not trigger something right away, you may really have to work at it.. that is normal. You have to work at achieving extraordinary things. Some are going to find that's no fun.. it's just a reality.

Also be mindful of who you share energy with, who you allow in.. or that you have proper protection in place to keep grubby astral hands at a safe distance. Not everyone is cool.

That's my advice, take or don't..

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Okay first before we get into this we need to get some terms straighten out!!!!!! I can see why Xer has doubts about what happened the other night and he in all honesty is right to do so!!!

We tend to throw all these terms around without clarifying what they actually mean, which results in getting them all mixed up!!!!! For time sake, I am using Wikipedia for a quick reference and you can also look them up for yourself as well!!!!! There are many good books too that covers all these terms!!!! But for time sake, for myself since I will be going to do our weekend shopping and dinner, I will be using Wikipedia as it is easy for all of you to go to and see for yourself!!!!

1. Astral projection-Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it.[1] Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in an astral plane. The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife[2] in which the consciousness' or soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such terms as "an... out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dreambody or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms."[3] It is frequently reported in association with dreams, drug experiences and forms of meditation.[4][5]

2. OBE(out of body experience):An out-of-body experience (OBE or sometimes OOBE) is an experience that typically involves a sensation of floating outside one's body and, in some cases, perceiving one's physical body from a place outside one's body (autoscopy).
The term out-of-body experience was introduced in 1943 by George N. M. Tyrrell in his book Apparitions,[1] and was adopted by researchers such as Celia Green[2] and Robert Monroe[3] as an alternative to belief-centric labels such as "astral projection", "soul travel", or "spirit walking". OBEs can be induced by brain traumas, sensory deprivation, near-death experiences, dissociative and psychedelic drugs, dehydration, sleep, and electrical stimulation of the brain,[4] among others. It can also be deliberately induced by some.[5]
Science currently considers the OBE a type of hallucination that can be caused by various psychological and neurological factors.[6][7][8] Some parapsychologists and occult writers treat OBEs as evidence that a soul, spirit or subtle body can detach itself from the body and visit distant locations.[9][10] One in ten people have an OBE once, or more commonly, several times[11] in their life,[12] but scientists still know little about the phenomenon.[13]

3. Lucid Dream-A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. In relation to this phenomenon, Greek philosopher Aristotle observed: "often when one is asleep, there is something in consciousness which declares that what then presents itself is but a dream".[1] One of the earliest references to personal experiences with lucid dreaming was by Marie-Jean-Léon, Marquis d'Hervey de Saint Denys.[2]
The person most widely acknowledged as having coined the term is Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik (Willem) van Eeden (1860–1932).[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] In a lucid dream, the dreamer has greater chances to exert some degree of control over their participation within the dream or be able to manipulate their imaginary experiences in the dream environment.[10][11][12] Lucid dreams can be realistic and vivid.[13] It is shown that there are higher amounts of beta-1 frequency band (13–19 Hz) experienced by lucid dreamers, hence there is an increased amount of activity in the parietal lobes making lucid dreaming a conscious process.[14]

4. Meditation-Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit[1] or as an end in itself.[2]
The term meditation refers to a broad variety of practices (much like the term sports) that includes techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy or life force (qi, ki, prana, etc.) and develop compassion,[3] love, patience, generosity and forgiveness. A particularly ambitious form of meditation aims at effortlessly sustained single-pointed concentration[4] single-pointed analysis,[5] meant to enable its practitioner to enjoy an indestructible sense of well-being while engaging in any life activity.
The word meditation carries different meanings in different contexts. Meditation has been practiced since antiquity as a component of numerous religious traditions and beliefs.[6] Meditation often involves an internal effort to self-regulate the mind in some way. Meditation is often used to clear the mind and ease many health issues, such as high blood pressure,[7] depression, and anxiety. It may be done sitting, or in an active way—for instance, Buddhist monks involve awareness in their day-to-day activities as a form of mind-training. Prayer beads or other ritual objects are commonly used during meditation in order to keep track of or remind the practitioner about some aspect of the training.
Meditation may involve generating an emotional state, such as bliss, or cultivating a particular mental response to various phenomena, such as compassion or non-attachment. The term "meditation" can refer to the state itself, as well as to practices or techniques employed to cultivate the state.[8] Meditation may also involve repeating a mantra and closing the eyes.[9] The mantra is chosen based on its suitability to the individual meditator. Meditation has a calming effect and directs awareness inward until pure awareness is achieved, described as "being awake inside without being aware of anything except awareness itself."[10] In brief, there are dozens of specific styles of meditation practice, and many different types of activity commonly referred to as meditative practices.[11]

5. Remote Viewing-Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using subjective means, in particular, extra-sensory perception (ESP) or "sensing with mind".
Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object, event, person or location that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[1][2] The term was coined in the 1970s by physicists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff, parapsychology researchers at Stanford Research Institute, to distinguish it from clairvoyance.[3][4]
Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s following the declassification of documents related to the Stargate Project, a $20 million research program sponsored by the US government starting from 1975 in order to try to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. The program was terminated in 1995 after it failed to produce any useful intelligence information.[5][6]

6. Clairvoyance- term clairvoyance (from French clair meaning "clear" and voyance meaning "vision") is used to refer to the ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses,[1][2] i.e., a form of extra-sensory perception. A person said to have the ability of clairvoyance is referred to as a clairvoyant ("one who sees clearly").

Of course I could go on and get into even more terms, but I figure that you guys could very easily look them up for yourselves!!!! 7\

We tend to throw these terms around and get them all mixed up, so we should really take the time to know what each one means and not get them all mixed up!!!!!

What we did when we went to see the Greek gods and godessess was not really astral traveling, but more a form of mediation, and using our third eye to see where we were, and what we were experiencing!!!!! It is similar to what shamans experience, but not as intense!!!!

If we left our body completely we would not have been able to function, in order to type on our computers!!!!!!!

I really liked what Noc said about what we had experienced and it explains it very well:My own thought on the 'sitting and typing' AP process..
To astral project in that state would be rather trying, a lot of people - even experienced - still struggle to AP. I didn't think this is quite what they were doing.. just my own observation.

The closest I have gotten to such an activity is when I read for people - and that is different from APing.. it's tapping a source for visions rather than lifting off entirely and exploring it. A shifting of the mind to a trance state where you are conscious but in second or third gear, so to speak. That in itself is complicated to hold onto however, and would only come easier to the practiced.
Seems more of an accurate description for what has been described, but what do I know.. Just a thought or two.

This is what we actually did and as I have mentioned before, I have done this many times in the past, using the computer and a guide who helped us achieve this state of being and it is really good practice!!!! Note that protection was ALWAYS in place!!!! 7\

If you want to go further with this, like it or not, you need to learn meditation to open the doors to experiencing things like astral travel, obe's and lucid dreaming, trances, and the like!!!!

Now we can practice things like what we did in the chatroom, and go to many places and experience what we find!!!!!

When I was first learning how to do this, we went to each other's houses and gave our impression of what we saw, felt, and experienced!!!!!

Also, in meditation, you can learn how to create your own little world or special place, that only you can be in and invite your spirit guides, animal guides and any spirit that you have in your keep, to come and be with you to talk with, travel with, anything that you want to do!!!!!

As for dreams, you can program yourself, before you go to sleep, to meet up with your guides and or spirits and travel with them!!!! It does take time to learn, you will not do it, the very first time you try, and the key to learning is, not giving up and keep practicing!!!

Now understand that all of this takes time, and will not happen overnite, unless you have already been practicing this for a long time or many years!!!! However the key thing is to know, is that it does take a lot of practice and time, in order to do this!!!! I have been practicing for quite a few years, since the 1990's and was able to do some of this since I was a kid!!!!

Since I studied and learned reiki, I use this method a lot to connect with the people I work with in order to send the healing energies and to see what is exactly going on with them!!!!! I also have used this when giving others readings when using tarot cards!!!!!

Also know that each of us who do this will see different aspects of a situation or healing issue and no one will do a reading in the exact same way as someone else!!!!! there will be some things that might be the same, but each one has a different view!!!!

Okay I have said enough and I hope that maybe sometime we can actually get together and experience some travelling through the use of the chatroom, like we did do that night!!!!

Also remember that if you are going to do any of what I have mentioned, to have protection in place, whether you do meditation, dreaming, or the like!!!!!

I don't think something like this is a good idea to do via the chatroom.

And I still am not of the mind that one can truly 'astral project' in that state, I think for those who may be having genuine experiences what you're doing is simply tuning into another level of consciousness or a second gear where you are sensitive to the energies and projections of each other. Others may just be following in imagination.
I comment on this coming from the perspective of someone who, years back, had conducted a metaphysical project here and attempted to hold meditations or focused energy stimulation in the chat every so often in support of it - which can over time provoke astral experiences in dream and the like. It was often taken in a weird direction by certain participants and from what I could see, there is negative potential in that if you don't have a reasonable leader around to keep things in check.

I think if you want to do this rather than rely solely on technology for your connection, you need to correlate a time where each of you go there on your own terms, without external factors to disrupt the process so that you have a real chance for results. Like dreaming at the same time and looking to share those dreams.
Coming together to connect every so often, connect energies and whatever makes sense but it's all about designing a schedule that each of you can abide by independently, and it's keeping to that where you are doing something together. This allows opportunity to really validate your interactions as well as grow a lot in this manner of work.

I have a great deal of experience with astral and dream work.
It may not trigger something right away, you may really have to work at it.. that is normal. You have to work at achieving extraordinary things. Some are going to find that's no fun.. it's just a reality.

Also be mindful of who you share energy with, who you allow in.. or that you have proper protection in place to keep grubby astral hands at a safe distance. Not everyone is cool.

That's my advice, take or don't..

Now what Noc has said here, has a very good and valid point and is something that we can do as well to start out with!!!!!!

Back with the people I worked with at the time, we did do things on our own, then came together to share what we had experienced, before we did anything on the computer, also we knew each other very well as we did talk to each other not only on the computer, but also on the phone and some I knew face to face, as we would get together from time to time!!!!! We also made sure about the protection and in our case, we did work well together, and that my friends was a rare thing, because most of the time, you will have someone who will not mesh well with everyone else, that is just a fact of life!!!!!!

So if you guys are really interested, we can start with the working on our own, and then coming together once a week or so, and sharing what we experienced, whether we experienced something or not!!! The idea is to help each other and see just how far we can go!!!! Also you have to be serious and really want to do this, it will be hard work and maybe kinda of boring at first, but if you really want to advance on your path, this can be of some help!!!! It is up to you!!!! 7\ I believe this is the longest post, I have ever done, besides my poems!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Before anything even happens, this is something to consider.

We had multiple people in charge of leading the chatroom expedition. First, there was a shield in place to keep the nasties away -- not everything one would meet in the astral is beneficial or friendly. Second, we had a definite person guiding the progress as far as which way to go and when. Third, someone was bringing up the rear to make sure no one was left behind, which was a distinct risk as there were people who are not experienced in AP, and couldn't reliably see/hear what was going on. Leaders were actually "physically" (so to speak) making sure that everyone kept up and was moving forward with the group, guiding people by the arm or hand as needed.

If those safety precautions are not in place FIRST, before anything else happens, then I don't think it's a safe idea. I wouldn't want someone to drift off and get into an unsafe situation, and no one else notice because there's not a leader assigned to keep a head count of all those present. Perhaps people could travel in pairs, an experienced person with a novice, *and* still have at least one leader keeping track to make sure that all the pairs stay together. Plus someone else maintaining the shield at all times to keep the nasties away.

There also would need to be a time limit set on the experience. Whether you believe Monday's trip was an actual AP experience or a remote viewing one, focusing on it for two hours was exhausting, and this is coming from someone with experience in focusing for extended periods of time. If lots of beginners are on board, I recommend all the above precautions PLUS limiting the trips to 5-10 minutes at a shot. 15 minutes, max.

I think that some sessions can be arranged where people can practice together. But I also think that participants should be thinking, "Safety first, last, and always" before anyone attempts to get anything off the ground.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

Noctifera wrote:I don't think something like this is a good idea to do via the chatroom.

I have to agree, for the same reasons Noc stated. I must admit, initially I was under the impression when you mentioned a group Astral Travel session be organized, that it would be a specific time agreed upon by the group involved, in dream scape.. not via a chat room.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Out side of Chat events like the luck o the keepers or similar things like that are against the rules unless cleared by Magnolia or Ash. While I agree it would be a good idea to do work like this with people agreeing it is not something that should be done regularly on the CH chat. Also it works best face to face not over the interwebs.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”