active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

queniecups Posted: Dec 16 2007, 05:10 AM

Vampirelover

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask- i keep seeing so many items to remove bad karma. Has anyone bought this type of item and can bad karma actually be erased?

Regards, Q.

--------------------
Live ,Love, Laugh!
Dare to dream!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xXxClairexXx Posted: Dec 16 2007, 07:10 AM

Otaku

Member No.: 25

Hello.
I also would like to know if that really works.
Bad karma comes from whatever you did wrong right?

Then, how could you remove it without actually making up with whatever you did?

Or is my concept of "Karma" wrong??

--------------------
With Loz Of Compliments....<3

Posted by Claire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CreepyHollows Posted: Dec 16 2007, 01:52 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I want to be sure I understand what it is that you own before I make an absolute answer.

Do you mean you have things that cleanse you of negative energies, i.e. curses, hexes, evil eyes, etc... or do you mean you have something that atones for your acts?

--------------------
De lumière et aime,

Magnolia.

queniecups Posted: Dec 16 2007, 02:00 PM

Vampirelover

Hi magnolia- i don't have either of these. i have just read that some items can clear negative karma.

Q.

--------------------
Live ,Love, Laugh!
Dare to dream!

CreepyHollows Posted: Dec 16 2007, 02:35 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

There are spirits who can atone for your sin for you... most religions have their own entities for this as well, I suppose the most popular and well-known of these is the sin-eater of the Catholic faith.

You must always be in complete awareness when using these spirits that by their atonement of your sin you are indebted somehow... with some entities you have to repay their gift in money, others with ritual service, others with a year of indentured service in the afterlife... just know what you are getting in to before you commit.

--------------------
De lumière et aime,

Magnolia.

queniecups Posted: Dec 16 2007, 02:50 PM

Vampirelover

Thanks for that,
Regards, Q.

--------------------
Live ,Love, Laugh!
Dare to dream!

umbrea Posted: Dec 17 2007, 09:29 PM

Wise Spirit

Member No.: 7

A book I read a couple of years ago contained a process of meditation that is supposed to clear a person of bad karma, it's called The Violet Flame. I and several other Pagans as well as our Christian friends decided to give it a try, after all, everyone carries some bad karma through unintentional actions. We all came away from the experience feeling much clearer and positive. Whether our Karma was cleared or not, remains to be seen but it made us all feel quite wonderful. I would recommend giving it a try, if for no other reason than the feeling that the experience gives you.
There's an internet link to it :
http://www.lightparty.com/spirituality/VIOLETME.html

umbrea Posted: Dec 17 2007, 09:41 PM

Wise Spirit

Member No.: 7

Sooo Sorry, I should have capitalized the " S" in spirituality in the addy but I didn't realize that ir made a difference and it takes you to the sign up page instead of the page with the meditation on it.
So sorry for the mistake.

queniecups Posted: Dec 18 2007, 02:41 AM

Vampirelover

Thanks i know all about St germaine and the violet flame as i am a reiki/seichem healer.

Q.

--------------------
Live ,Love, Laugh!
Dare to dream!

Frank Posted: Dec 18 2007, 03:03 AM

Active Spirit

Member No.: 16

It is said in some ancient spiritual teachings that karma looses its influence
once a seeker of truth learns to go beyond even the causal body and learns
to enter his innermost Divinity or true Core being. From there the eternal light
suffuses ever more intensely the outer bodies, transfigures them in the Light.
Then the karmic energies get burned like the phoenix and the being is re-born
again in and through the Light.

Karma is meant as a mechanism of energetic re-balancing so that the equilibrium
of peaceful being might be re-gained through right activities in the world of
space and time (and beyond) at which point the re-absorption into the Divine
Domain becomes a possibility.

Greetings,
Frank.

queniecups Posted: Dec 18 2007, 03:21 AM

Vampirelover

Thanks frank- you are so eloquent.

Q

--------------------
Live ,Love, Laugh!
Dare to dream!

Hatshpset Posted: Jan 5 2008, 06:26 PM

My spirits make my life complete

Member No.: 18

dear magnolia - i believe the sin-eater is actually from england and more so wales but not catholic. the sin-eater normally is cast off from the rest of the villagers since it is believed that he is actually eating the deceased person's sins and therefore no social interaction is given with him and the villagers. the movie the last sin-eater was excellent and has been given the nod from the vatican as one of the movies that should be seen, but i've never heard of that as a former catholic myself - perhaps episcopalian or protestant?

there was a movie also - the journeys of dr meg laurel with lindsay wagner where a sin-eater was featured and the faithful in that movie were descendants from wales. either way, it's really an interesting fact of history and well worth the read about them. take care and blessed be. arsine

--------------------

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Na'rayah Earth wrote:I just wanted to share my belief, and was wondering who else feels the same way?

I don't touch "Erase Bad Karma" / "Erase karmic Debt" spells :/

Why?

Because I personally believe I have no right to try and remove karma I must rightfully "pay for" due to my previous actions, whether in this life or from past lives. I feel...like I'm trying to CHEAT the Universal Laws, and so I stay away from these spells.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I don't know how erase karmic debt spells work, because these may not be too erase consequences, but more along the lines of erasing negative energy accumalated.

There are different beliefs when it comes to Karma, not everyone uses Karma in the same way. I found that some will use the term to use to describe simple action and consequence, others will use it as a reward or punish for good or bad actions, and then i've read other places where they believe that Karma is picked up all the time in your unconscious, even things like simply bumping into someone in a crowd can create various Karmas that can cause negative blockages in your unconcious.
What i mean by this is that i think it depends on the practitioners use of the word Karma, beliefs, etc, and how the spell is intended to work.

With that said, in terms of your question, i agree. Humans have the right to do as they please, but they should also be responsible and live with the consequences of their actions. 2cents So you can't erase someones choices. Also how people effect the world around them effects themselves too. That's my opinion. :)

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Michael34786
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: too many to list
Zodiac:

Karma is a very touchie subject, because it is viewed differently by each religion. So I will just go to the answer that you might be looking for. In Buddhism, it is believe that you can remove Karma by meditating every day. So you might want to check into Buddhism, and find out why they said that. I don't want to touch off a religion war on the board over different viewpoints of Karma.

Lord Validus
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: My future self
My magical/paranormal name...: Meliora Validus
Zodiac:

I'm personally of the mind that karma does not exist. If it did, then, to put it simply, everyone would have bad days all the time, which would result in more acting out thus more karma thus even worse days resulting in worse lashing out and thus worse karma yet again until one's life becomes so ruined by karma that they feel the world has turned it's back on them, thus they in turn turn their backs on the world, no longer caring for any other person due to their increasingly miserable lives. In other words, if karma existed, it would create a self perpetuating cycle that would turn everyone's lives into hell, and we'd all be rather heartless.

One could argue for a cycle of positivity, but remember now that we, as a rule, tend to act more and be influenced by, negative things more than positive things. It's one of the reasons why the news tends to be rather bleak, because the media knows that we'll pay more attention to a tragedy than a miracle. Likewise we're more likely to let our bad days loose on others than we are our good days, thus we'd have more bad karma than good karma at the end of the day, resulting in the aforementioned cycle.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Lord Validus wrote:I'm personally of the mind that karma does not exist. If it did, then, to put it simply, everyone would have bad days all the time, which would result in more acting out thus more karma thus even worse days resulting in worse lashing out and thus worse karma yet again until one's life becomes so ruined by karma that they feel the world has turned it's back on them, thus they in turn turn their backs on the world, no longer caring for any other person due to their increasingly miserable lives.
Your logic is flawed. Not everyone runs around punching people in the face when they have a bad day, therefor accumulating bad karma. Also karma is not dished out right there, it can be tomorrow, in a year, in your third life after this. Also you never know what you get karma for. Even if you punch someone in the face, maybe it's the karma he's paying and therefor you're just an agent of karma and do not get that on your account. It's about balancing out the good and the bad not about a spiral into misery and destruction.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Whether karma is a thing as it is or not, I personally do not recognize it.
Chaos is the only thing which comes close to embodying the notion of 'karma' in my view. The butterfly effect. There is no rhyme, or reason, but reason that does not rhyme..

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Noctifera wrote:Whether karma is a thing as it is or not, I personally do not recognize it.
Chaos is the only thing which comes close to embodying the notion of 'karma' in my view. The butterfly effect. There is no rhyme, or reason, but reason that does not rhyme..
For me it's balance, but that's only because in an universe that's (theoretically) expanding endlessly in space and time, everything has got to be balanced.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Lord Validus
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: My future self
My magical/paranormal name...: Meliora Validus
Zodiac:

How exactly is karma balanced? The basic idea of karma completely plays favorite with the light and what's "right" and scorns the dark and what's "wrong". The idea of karma tips the scale to one side only, and that does not even remotely resemble balance. Remember also that opposite things, like light and dark, are innately equal, like mirrors of each other. As an intrinsic, law of the universe, kind of thing karma is not something that could ever possibly exist because the universe is not a sentient being that can decide to play favorites with one of two opposite things. The only way something like karma could exist is if some being rose to beyond godlike amounts of power and decided they wanted to impose their will, their idea of right and wrong, onto the world, and if that happened I doubt they would stop with something simple like karma. The world would be obviously shaped in one way over another.Who defines what is right or wrong? Morality is a completely relative thing that has no absolutes, and it takes an opinionated sentient being to impose one idea of morality over another. The very idea of karma is neither balanced nor natural.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Here's the fundamental issue with Karma. The whole idea of it is difficult to digest when we consider that morality is in fact relative. A sense of morality plays a big part in 'karma', usually on a very subconscious level that is left unrecognized.

If I must acknowledge the Karma of all, then there is no one Karma.. which makes it irrelevant, or only as relevant as the culture or religion or individual makes it.
For what if one person or sect believes in 'Karma' but their idea of right and wrong differs vastly from yours.. which karma is correct and which karma will be placed into effect?

It is meant as a balance, but how things balance out is not the same in everyone's mind.. and humans cannot help but factor their personal beliefs into it's meaning. Rendering the concept moot.

To the point where the only sensible 'karmic' principle is Chaos... hence my own mentality.

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

For me Karma is simply cause and effect. It's neither good or bad. If you eat twenty chocolate bars a day you'll get fat, if you exercise and eat well the chances are you won't. Our actions produce results but the final decision is with the individual. This is where the moral choice lies.

Return to “General Questions”