Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

One of the main questions new people ask is how to communicate, or why cant I communicate and its not working.

Spirit communication is similar to Art, not everyone is going to work best with a paintbrush, some will find it easier to express themselves with pencils, chalks, throwing paint at the board, collages, mixing random media, some might even only be able to express themselves digitally using computer applications, either way... so you always hear someone saying "Im not good at art" when in fact they just haven't found their correct tool, this goes hand in hand with spirit keeping.

In spirit keeping there are so many types of communication methods so please have a try at any of these techniques and hopefully they will help you progress:

1: Communicating via Telepathy.
This is probably the most common method but it does take a certain level of concentration and understanding to be able to control this method, the main reason people struggle with this method is because it can be difficult to differentiate between your own thoughts and what is being projected by the spirit your trying to communicate with.
To do this method you need to calm and relax yourself and focus on the spirit your trying to communicate and start by asking simple questions, usually you get almost an instant response in your head and its understandable to question is that just me, but overtime if you continue this method and ask more complex and harder to answer questions, you should start getting images, and responses you think "Wait I wouldn't have came up with that answer" and them are the responses that make you realise that no, its not you responding it is in fact your spirit communicating with you. Trust yourself and trust in the responses and you will learn a lot.

2: Pendulum.
Pendulums are a great tool and somewhat safer then other methods but still make sure you have some protection before using it. To use a pendulum you will need some form of board or even make your own by cutting out letters or so, but CH also offer very cheap spirit communication boards you can print at home!.
Personally my favourite type of pendulum are small thin brass pendulums because of the balance you feel with the pendulum like its very perfectly weighted. But you can even use things such as necklaces with charms or holding your vessel over a board with thread, all should hopefully get the same results. What you first need to do is explain to your spirit you wish to communicate that clockwise is a yes, anti is a no, and basically how they are to use it to communicate with you, and then you should begin with a few tests, maybe asking questions about yourself you know the answer to see if you are getting correct responses before asking the spirit some questions or to just communicate with your spirit.

3. Tarot Cards or Other cards.
Tarot and other cards such as the new Creepy Hollows cards can be used for spirit communication as well, so if you are someone that enjoys a more visual interesting way with pictures and such you could quite easily purchase your own or CH's tarot deck and try communicating with your spirit by asking them perhaps, can you tell me something about myself, or my future, and ask them to guide you to the right card, this isn't perhaps the best way to communicate since its more a representation of emotions and such but it will still help developing that relationship.

4. Astral Projection.
By now I imagine you have read into astral projection, there are a million different types and it can be a hard to master technique but it is certainly the best in my opinion. I won't go into detail about this here since there isn't any technique that I know of that works for everyone, its all about trying different techniques and seeing what works for you personally. One simple word of advice, is try to look for the simple methods. I find so many people who read up into say a million different ways of doing it, and with all that information... no wonder they are struggling to do it. You need to be able to get into that state to be able to project and how I see it for them people with a million methods in a head, they'd be going into that stage with a million thoughts floating in their head like "oh usually by now id have that trance relaxing music on youtube at this point with X's technique", "Oh at this point I used to be sitting up not lying down", "Oh at this point the last one told me to go through doors, strange that this one is so different" So you can see why Id suggest people not to go for ultra complex method, and try and take a breather before trying to try another method, because you won't be able to learn if you have a million other techniques stored in your head as it will be interrupting you as you try the next one, so try and let the failed techniques for you completely go.

5: Portal Stones.
Some places offer Portal stones which can be a great way to communicate, not all of them require astral projection to, some can offer communication while just being in a relaxed state with a candle behind the orb and be be a very fun and visual experience if you allow yourself to truly relax and be open minded and give it some time to develop, which can be said about any communication experience.

6: Incense Parties.
Incense parties are a great way for people that really enjoy a fun and creative way to perhaps see glimpses of your spirit, or interpret your spirits expressions in the smoke created by them as well as the same time giving your spirit an offering as such! To do this incense cones work the best, but also incense sticks and anything else that creates a good deal of smoke will do, but id recommend probably around 3 incense cones and light them together, then what you need to do is simply ask your spirit to show themselves or use the smoke in whatever way they want. To capture the smoke successfully on camera you will need to light the smoke from behind, but not directly behind sort of behind to the right or left will be the best way to see the smoke on camera.

7: Automatic Writing.
Automatic writing is a technique you can look more into which is basically you asking the spirit to communicate with you and guide the pen or pencil you are using to give you messages, this technique can be a little bit of a hit and miss but for some people it does work great, and you just need to calm and relax yourself before moving your hand across the page and seeing what comes out, and go with the flow and feelings you get on where to direct the pen or pencil without thinking too much into it and see what results you get.

8: Ouija Board (Caution)
Ouija boards can be used for spirit communication of course, but they can be a lot more dangerous, because if you imagine say the pendulum in opening a small portal in your room for your spirit to communicate with, the Ouija is like an overcharged version so it has such a wider range and can cause other spirits to notice the Ouija and come through. So this technique is really only for people that know how to work with a Ouija board, and have the appropriate protection, and also is probably not the best way to communicate with spirits since they usually work best with 2 or more people.

These are just a few of the various techniques you could try so if one isn't working move onto the next, but please remember when working with spirits, perhaps think of it like you have a new dog, when you get a new dog its not like your going to be able to communicate with them perfectly straight away, it completely varies, some are excited to see you, some are sceptical of you, some are frightened of this new face... and this is extremely the same for all sort of spirits, so realise that it takes time, trust and understanding to be able to develop a relationship with your spirit but with consistent work you will get where you want to be.

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

WOW..This is a really great post !!! :clap:
Thank You, Ikabard ! 8)|*
:wave:

Greetings,Tasha
Psychicninja
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Love this post Ika!!!!

Great work!

:*3 Nin

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Great post Ika!
A lot of great recommendations... 8)|*
There are a lot of threads to help us all improve our communication with spirits....one of my favorites is this one:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... on#p422496
This this thread complements well what Ikabard presents here IMO.... 8)|*

and of course this is a good resource too:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... er#p507663

Thanks Ika!
Blessings,
M. 8)|*

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Oh great! they certainly do thanks morgana :) hopefully all the info together linked in will be greatly beneficial for people struggling!

gagde
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 11
Zodiac:

Super post.

1 Nymph,3 Nymphos, 2 Succubus, 1 Caberra, 1 Wraith, 1 Volkh, and 3 Custom Sanguine Vampires(Female),2 Unicorn,1 Hellhound,1 Gold Dragon,1 Brass Dragon,1 Courtwind Angel,1 Bronwyn Angel.1 Drow Elf,1 CleopatraDjinn.

Irrational
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thanks for the smoke idea with light behind it to capture good pictures on a camera. I can't wait to try it!

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

No problem, hope it helps people that are struggling!

Nylsia
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Another fantastic post! I need to go down this list and try all available avenues.

Thank you for posting this, Ika!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost
:*3
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Bumping this post for those who are wondering how to communicate with their spirits!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”