psychometry

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0

Can anyone hear do this?

I would love to have this ability.

How can I learn?
Galadriel
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
Zodiac:

Yes, I've done this. I'm still new at it but I do know this: if you try it out, go with the very first thing that pops into your head regardless of how silly it may seem. Don't rule out anything or question yourself - that would be your ego stepping in to flub you up.

I was in a spiritual class (got booted out but that's a long story and part of the reason I ended up collecting spirits, LOL) and we practiced this in a variety of mediums (paper, metals, misc. objects). Paper is to pick up on the present; metals - the past, primarily; but all can pick up on past, present, future. It's just that metals hold energy much longer than paper, for example.

The other thing is that psychometry is a process like any other form of psychic awareness...it is a means that allows us to pass along a message to someone and doesn't necessarily mean it will give us the "whole" story. Three different people feeling the same item will probably pick up on three different aspects because it works the same with witnessing an accident, for example (because everyone's perception is different). We are all capable of seeing portions of a larger message. If you notice watching some mediums or psychics, they will often pick up on similar things but not necessarily the exact ones.

I also read Tarot and my experience with divination is that once you pick up on one thing, a story of sorts will often unfold. Recently, I did a reading for a woman I had just met (date of my BF's friend). She was not interested at first (scared, really) but after a few glasses of wine, she changed her mind. The result was that the real question she wanted to know came out rather than what she had originally asked me.

It's all good, though. I say go for it!
Sorceress Witch, psychic, medium and Armageddon
Galadriel
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
Zodiac:

Regarding how to learn, you can do so with anything, really. It's more a matter of finding some trusted friends who are willing to practice with you. It's also helpful to have validation, too.

There's no trick to it other than getting out of your own way and practice, practice, practice.

Last thing I forgot to mention is that you will find certain psychic divination methods easier than others. For me, those that include pictures of some sort are the easiest to do (Tarot, actual pictures, greeting cards, etc.). It helps me to not focus on having to feel like I must "find" something. When I look at them, the thoughts just start flowing.

With psychometry, it takes me a bit longer to get rolling.
Sorceress Witch, psychic, medium and Armageddon
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Psychometry is really easy to learn. If you can feel energy, then you are already part of the way there.
The other part is getting information from the energy you feel.
As Galadriel already mentioned, this requires trusting your intuition, which is one of our most basic senses (animals do which is why theirs are heightened),yet it is often ignored or even overlooked completely by most people.
Psychic feeling comes from your yellow/Solar Plexus chakra.
The ability to trust that informaion comes from your green/Heart Chakra.
When all chakras are completely balanced, properly aligned, cleansed, and fully open, we open ourselves up to a whole host of wonderful paranormal opportunities and experiences.
Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Skyclad
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: basilisk
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Skyclad
Zodiac:

does CH or any other reputable seller have a spell or tool to enhance psychometry or make the ability to feel subtle energy seem more obvious? thanks!
Skyclad
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: basilisk
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Skyclad
Zodiac:

*bump* :)
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you have got people in your life who you are able to discuss your metaphysical journey with, you have got a resource that you'll be able to use for practicing. Let them present you with items for which they know the history, but you do not, so you can get your impressions verified.

Beyond that, I feel like it's the same mental "circuit" being used for psychometry as you would be using for other forms of energy perception. So practice energy perception in as many ways as you can. Try to sense things like the presence of people around corners or in any other situation where you will be able to send your mental perception out first, then verify those impressions shortly thereafter with your physical eyes.

Or pay visits to the "Something I am working on" thread, where people are doing photo reading. I find that process to bear resemblance to psychometry, too.

But going back to the first paragraph... if you haven't got people who can let you practice with reading the history of items they are familiar with, but you aren't, then you might be able to practice at a flea market. Handle some items there, mentally note your impressions, and then ask the seller about the item's history. Compare the responses to your impressions. If you play your cards right, you need not ever let on that you're "reading" the items. :)
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Meditation”