Duckies!

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

DUCKIES!

My dog Baxter (a Chihuahua/Corgi mix) and I had just about finished our daily Morning Walk, and were heading home. Just as we reached a point a couple of houses from home, we passed a raised garden that someone has on the pavement and suddenly, there was a fluttering. At first, but we had surprised a squirrel, since that has happened before on that very spot.

But then I realized that what we were looking at was a female mallard duck. She started dragging one wing and limping, and I thought, "Oh no, an injured bird!"

That was when I noticed, belatedly, five or six fuzzy ducklings peeping away. (It occurred to me afterward that many mama birds will feign injury to lead predators away from their chicks.)

This is surprising, because while we are less than a mile away from some man-made lakes, mama and babies will have to traverse multiple blocks of city traffic in order to get there. I have no clue where that nest was, but this is not the place where I would have expected to see one.

Baxter, meanwhile, was hauling at the leash, but I wouldn't let him anywhere near the ducks. I actually think he wanted to herd them, being part Corgi, but I wasn't taking any chances.

At this point, another lady also appeared on the scene, and when the duck family started to cross the street, she accompanied them in order to control traffic. I told her that I would have liked to help with traffic control, but I didn't want the dog near the birds.

So, that was my adventure for the morning so far. The duck family got safely across the street, and were heading in the direction of those man-made lakes. I hope they get there safely. :heart:

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

You're such a star, Miss Likes2Read :*3 :<>

I love how caring you are. That's great that the duck family could pass across the road safely!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

That is a great story, which reminds me of the town I work in!!!! They are famous for all the ducks and geese that hangout there because of the river that goes through the town!!!! If a mother duck or mother geese is walking on the road to cross it with their babies, the cars have to stop to let them cross!!!!

There has been a few times where a mother duck hatched her eggs at the place where I work at, and all of us always watched after them, then when it came time, the mother would take her babies down to the river so they could swim!!!!

Out here where I live at, it is the deer who will come and bring their babies with them and live in our yard, we have a lot of trees here and also the field next to us always gets planted with either corn or soy beans, which always makes our place almost unseen from the road, so the deer like our yard!!!! Millie, our dog doesn't even bark at them, and the cats will follow the deer sometimes and try to play with the babies, now that is funny to watch!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We get all manner of wildlife around here!!! But it has to be dog approved, so says our dog, Millie :lol: :lol: :lol:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”