sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The reason I say this is because the food I grew up calling "finocchio" (Italian-Americans, represent :) ), I later discovered is called "fennel" in English. Fine, then, Fennel it is. Till I found something in the supermarket labeled as Anise. What on earth...? What the heck is that? Looks like finocchio to me. I, er "borrowed" the spindly little leaves sprouting off the end of one, and nibbled on them. The taste was what decided it for me. Same licorice-y (is that a word? I think I may have created a word) that I grew up with.

Which is why anisette, an alcoholic beverage that my grandmom used to love, tastes just like licorice, too. It's a little TOO much like licorice to suit me, in fact -- a little of that stuff goes a long way.

Fun fact. Make tea out of fennel seeds to tame a rebellious bowel. That tastes like licorice, too, but it doesn't knock you out of your seat like anisette.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

So here's a brief writeup of fennel and anise. They are two different plants, as you said, but apparently they are frequently mixed up (with fennel being referred to as anise).

Well, that explains the "anise" sign in the produce section for something I darn well knew by another name. I guess the manager couldn't spell "finocchio". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Sorry. I didn't see your replies Like to Read. I was also thinking of star anise and I didn't want the reader to get confused.
Star anise has some amazing properties. A quote follows.
"Star anise is a powerful culinary and medicinal spice that has been used for thousands of years and is rich in vitamin C, calcium and iron. It contains potent anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties and is particularly good for treating the flu. In fact, star anise contains a compound called shikimic acid which is used to make the common anti-viral drug Tamiflu. Star anise is known to effectively remove mucus and congestion from the body due to its strong expectorant properties. It is also commonly used as a digestive aid and can help to relieve gas, constipation, cramping, bloating, heartburn, and indigestion. Star anise is highly beneficial in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism, back pain, shingles, herpes, halitosis, and sinus infections. It also has sedative properties and is helpful to take before bed to ensure a good night’s sleep. Star anise is known to support the health of the female reproductive system and is often used by lactating mothers to increase the flow of breast milk. Star anise has a flavor similar to that of licorice and cloves and is often used as a flavor enhancer to both sweet and savory meals including smoothies, deserts, soups, and stews. Star anise tea is a wonderful and healing medicinal beverage that can significantly boost the immune system and help ward off any viral or bacterial infection. Star anise oil can be found in creams and lotions as is an excellent topical remedy for insect bites, eczema, psoriasis, acne, scabies, and lice. Star anise can be found in whole, powder, capsule, tea, extract, oil, and cream form online or at your local health food and grocery store."

Bane
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

This is a very good post and reminder we as spirit keepers should value more our link with our spirits. Just an idea, but wouldn't it be better to pin it or like to put in the announcements of this section or of the "Beginner/Newbie Area"?

1 Golden Dragon, 1 Red dragon, 3 Blue Dragons, 1 Silver Dragon, 1 Djan Djin, 1 Forest Faery, 1 Spriggan, 1 Gnome
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Bump for International Spirit Day 1s

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Purple Coconut
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: demon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

A new guy here.

Star anise is a great herb & the mere act of pray to it then inhale its essence boost my psychic power & ability. I see much psychic gain, vivid dream night after night. Even visitation by my bound or unbound demons.
All hail the star anise.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Bumping this!

aannbb
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret

THEY DON'T WANT TO TALK TO A THIRD PARTY
How spirits react when we ask CH for a custom conjuration for a spirit (unbound) who gave his/her name to us. It is a relation between one spirit and us, not CH.

So,when we ask CH for a custom conjuration, we give to CH informations about our new friend, how the spirit react when you look for him ? during the conjuration ? do you tell him who you are ? what you want ? :p

I was a little affraid the first time I asked CH for a custom conjuration for an unbound spirit because CH was a third party. But I had to do it because I am not a conjurer.

Else, I will never ask anybody to talk to my spirits for me. We have to work on it if we want to communicate with our friends and they want/can help us to do it.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

aannbb wrote:
THEY DON'T WANT TO TALK TO A THIRD PARTY
How spirits react when we ask CH for a custom conjuration for a spirit (unbound) who gave his/her name to us. It is a relation between one spirit and us, not CH.

So,when we ask CH for a custom conjuration, we give to CH informations about our new friend, how the spirit react when you look for him ? during the conjuration ? do you tell him who you are ? what you want ? :p

I was a little affraid the first time I asked CH for a custom conjuration for an unbound spirit because CH was a third party. But I had to do it because I am not a conjurer.

Else, I will never ask anybody to talk to my spirits for me. We have to work on it if we want to communicate with our friends and they want/can help us to do it.
In this case, the third party is not the medium to conversate with, but service provider to properly conjure & bind the spirit. After you ask the conjurer to bind, it doesn't mean you keep asking the conjurer on what the spirit says to you etc., unless it's urgent matter.

There are possibilities that the spirit doesn't want to be bound, or the conjurer find that it is not good to conjure and bind the spirit (maybe because it's dangerous or other reasons). In that case, they may notify you of this, or conjure & bind other spirit who is close to your specification.

And this thread shows how CH's conjuration & binding are:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic61479.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Blackcat415
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Were wolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Idk
Zodiac:

I have no idea how I wound up on this thread, but I think my spirits had something to do with it!
I've been frustrated today, I've had zero connection with my spirits so far, except in dreams I think. I wake up feeling like something important happened, but can't remember the dream at all! Which is even more annoying than no contact to me...
So yeah, I've been a little irked today.
Then I randomly stumble on this thread andI'm like, okay patience got it.
I got the district impression that it wasn't my spirits who aren't ready to communicate, but me. I'm not in tune with them yet, or I won't be able to handle it, something like that.
I've got some spells on the way for connecting to my three bodies, helping with astral projection, and other psychic boosters. Hopefully those combined with my meditation will help get me where I need to be.

Just sharpened my claws. Now i'm bored...

When I speak I speak from experience. Not from theory. Not from what I'm told.

Return to “Seminars”