Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hey everyone~

There are only 6 days left to help back this project! Last I checked we have $420 out of the $8,500 goal. I am one of the artists, and there are five of us that did the artwork. This allows for each element to have a more unique energy. The money raised through kickstarter aids the designer/developer in keeping the cost as low as possible for the deck!

Please share this link and 'like' the facebook page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70 ... ross-tarot
http://www.facebook.com/kelcrossacademy

All donations and shares are greatly appreciated! :grouphug:

Many blessings,
Maso~ :ghost4:

MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I also forgot to mention that based on the amount you donate you get backer rewards! For example, if you donate $35, you get a copy of the deck which would be sold at $40(ish)
A $5 dollar donation will get you a random 5x7 postcard of one of the pieces of art :U

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

if only you could manage to extend till October, I'd have some spare cash to be able to donate.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
vex3521
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Elyn Ravenwood
Zodiac:

Agreed. Don't get my pay bonus for a couple weeks but would totally pay it forward if I could =( looks like an awesome project

WA&DA&BA in all shapes and sizes found in this home
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thanks for the nice thoughts guys 8)|*
I can send a message off to the developer to see if he can extend the time. I'm not sure how Kickstarter works exactly, but I doubt we'll make our goal by the end of August so hopefully he will prolong it :D

And just sharing the link is a great big help and so is posting to bump this forum up, so thank you 8)|*

On that note: 5 DAYS LEFT :wizard:

MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

4 DAYS LEFT to help back this project~! :wizard:

LordChubby
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGONS , AND DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A WOLF DRAGON ;)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skuldafn
Zodiac:

the artwork in the cards? are these the finished artwork ? because im sorry but it looks poorly done and i know there are other decks that look so bad but please this has a chance to look better!! im not insulting im just saying they would look better with more time put into making them not 2 weeks to draw and finish the whole thing .. again im not insulting im justing saying they would look better if you took a week or two on each card more details , if it looks better then i will definitely kickstart the whole thing and buy all the copies lol you know

Image <--kawaiii dragon <3

HEY YOU!!! ... YES YOU!! ... I LOVE YOU
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Awwwe, these are so beautiful Maso. Good job! If I hadn't just moved (and thereby counting my pennies) I would be all in 8)|*

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

LordChubby wrote:the artwork in the cards? are these the finished artwork ? because im sorry but it looks poorly done and i know there are other decks that look so bad but please this has a chance to look better!! im not insulting im just saying they would look better with more time put into making them not 2 weeks to draw and finish the whole thing .. again im not insulting im justing saying they would look better if you took a week or two on each card more details , if it looks better then i will definitely kickstart the whole thing and buy all the copies lol you know
I find this horrifying to read and I am not even one of the artists. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be mean, but one reason I never share my art is the fear that someone will insult it. Its art. It's finished when the artist finishes it. I'm not even sure what details would make this look "finished" to anyone. I'm pointing this out in case you might not know what it feels like to have something so personal labeled as poorly done. Perhaps you think of it as doing a person a favor because maybe nobody told them, but with art the perception is just as personal as the creation.

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Ahaha, thanks Gryphy 8)|* Moving is pretty taxing, I've moved many times, I know what it is like~!

LordChubby, I am not the developer/designer of this deck, just one of the commissioned artists and I would assume these are the finished pieces as he has not messaged any of the artists to update or edit anything. I know he was talking about doing an art book at one point and getting more artwork done, but I doubt he has the funds to pay us for more work and I doubt the others are willing to do it for free like me(I'm the only one of the artists interested in this kind of stuff LOL). We were under intense time constraints to finish these. I would love to edit a couple of mine for the deck(I will be updating my work for my portfolio eventually-my goal is to keep improving at a fast pace) and there are a few things in the others pieces that I would like fixed but since it is not mine, I can't do anything about it. I find the deck felt nice to me when I held it and played with it, and to me, the cards turned out pretty nice in print. I find it neat how not every deck's energy meshes with each person and how they work or don't work with different people~! Thanks for the constructive criticism~ :thumbup:

SoReal, thanks for the comments as well~! :U You are right, art is a perception and it is truly never 'done' until the artist says or has imminent deadlines LOL. Even then it still evolves on its own through the perceptions of others. Typically a few key components do make things more aesthetically pleasing like complementary colors, contrast and composition and the like, but yes, these still in varying degrees appear more pleasing to some and less so to others~
Yea, everything is worse and everything is better than something else, it all depends on one's perception and ideals :) Art in general is a tricky thing because once the artist puts it out, others take something different from it, be it positive or negative or even neutral. It reminds me of these abstract pieces I had up at a gallery and some people were quite rude and others quite mesmerized. It is truly fascinating how people react as it typically shows more about them then the art itself~ 3D

On another note, I will be designing a few of my own tarot decks over the next year or so. I have quite a few interesting ideas *devious giggle* \D 7\

Return to “Website Showcase”