neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

This was a very helpful post. I really appreciate this, I'm going to try it right now.

Convert this into dubstep, play once, then again with synchronized double chugs, then again but instead of the ending 4 convert this chord into dubstep, chug and sync with guitar.
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Thankyou Kat & thankyou Cheese for posting these. 8)|* :*3

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Akelta, these are fantastic exercises, thank you!

I am kicking myself in the behind for not being there, I was getting a few sites ready for Parastock, so I am very blessed your seminar was posted!!!!

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Thanks for posting! :thumbup: I was a bit miffed when I couldn't make this so have enjoyed catching up ;)

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Bumping for the new members.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:Bumping for the new members.
Thanks and this is informative. I can already see or 'know' when I look that all objects/stuff are made up of these infinite amounts of tiny tiny little glowing particles but not sure if it is my physical eyesight or something else. Can somebody elaborate? Is she referring to that being the haze, the one you can already see with your physical eyes, including when closed sometimes and even more easier to notice if lights are off in a dark room, or you have your glasses off?

Amaranthlovecharm
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA, immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Fae of light
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:Bumping for the new members.
Thanks for the bump! Pretty good read :D

Whoever's reading this, hope you're having a good day! ^^
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Thanks and this is informative. I can already see or 'know' when I look that all objects/stuff are made up of these infinite amounts of tiny tiny little glowing particles but not sure if it is my physical eyesight or something else. Can somebody elaborate? Is she referring to that being the haze, the one you can already see with your physical eyes, including when closed sometimes and even more easier to notice if lights are off in a dark room, or you have your glasses off?
So, you're actually seeing two different things here. The infinite amounts of tiny particles you're seeing are atoms - you're a kinetic of some kind.

However, the glowing haze that you can see even when your eyes are closed, can see better in the dark, and can see better with your glasses off - THAT is auras.

The reason you can see them better with your glasses off is an issue of focus. Because you're seeing auras with your third eye, but your mind interprets this as being a visual experience, the act of taking off your glasses clarifies the experience because you are literally removing something that distracts you from your field of vision. I take off my glasses to "see" because when I try to "see" with them on, my physical eyes are constantly distracted by the frame and the edges of the lenses, which causes me to refocus to viewing through my actual eyes. Taking off my glasses removes the distraction.

Darkness also removes a lot of distractions. The less actual visual input you receive through your physical eyes, the more your brain depends on your "psychic" eyes to interpret the visual field... so practicing in the dark is often one of the first ways people who are learning find works for them.

That same phenomenon is why closing your eyes helps. With your eyes closed, your mind has no alternatives except to reconstruct the scene using your psychic senses. You have removed all visual distractions.

This is why sensory deprivation (WITHIN REASON - lets not drive ourselves crazy here) is such an effective training method for psychic development.

And now to talk about kinesis.

If you are telekinetic in some way, whether micro or macro (and this is a BROAD category of psychic ability which can include pyro, electro, genetic, and many other variants), you will have noticed early in your life that you can see the air.

No, it's not "normal." Most people are not kinetic, and cannot see air molecules.

Yes, it's fine that you can.

As to what kind of kinetic you might be - well, just because you can see the air molecules doesn't mean you can manipulate air. Experimentation will tell you what type of kinetic you are, though as far as I've discerned, kinetics usually function organically, instinctively.

For example, a girl I once knew who was pyrokinetic but had it LITERALLY beaten out of her as a child (she kept setting her crib on fire when she got emotionally worked up - it was a danger to herself and others. While I don't approve of her parents' methods, it did save her life), did NOT have control of her abilities, but they continued to happen in moments of high stress.

However, for me, a serious microkinetic, because I DIDN'T have that experience, I just... grew into it. I discovered early on that I could keep a car running when something electrical was going wrong with it. I also discovered that when an alternator dies, I am not strong enough to keep THAT going, because I MANIPULATE electrons, I don't CREATE them.

That's actually what kinesis is at its heart... it is the MANIPULATION of matter, NOT the creation of it. So a pyro works by causing matter to vibrate faster, which produces heat, and if the matter vibration gets fast enough, eventually produces flame. Electrokinesis works by manipulating the electric field that already exists. Magnekinesis works by manipulating the magnetic fields.

The vast majority of kinetics are microkinetics. Macrokinesis is actually EXTREMELY rare, so even if you ARE kinetic, the likelihood of you being able to move a penny across a table, or a cup across a room, is probably pretty low. But honestly, macrokinesis is showy and gets a lot of buzz, but microkinesis is more practical for one simple reason. We are able to manipulate things at the quantum level.

This means that microkinetics are supremely good at physical healing, genetic manipulation, and changing environments. It's not flashy... but I think being able to keep a dead car going is way more useful than parlor tricks. If I want a cup, I'll go get the cup - I've never met a macrokinetic who was capable of cooking an entire dinner from the couch without a microwave... they have a singular focus - they can't juggle. We microkinetics CAN.

-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Thanks and this is informative. I can already see or 'know' when I look that all objects/stuff are made up of these infinite amounts of tiny tiny little glowing particles but not sure if it is my physical eyesight or something else. Can somebody elaborate? Is she referring to that being the haze, the one you can already see with your physical eyes, including when closed sometimes and even more easier to notice if lights are off in a dark room, or you have your glasses off?
So, you're actually seeing two different things here. The infinite amounts of tiny particles you're seeing are atoms - you're a kinetic of some kind.

However, the glowing haze that you can see even when your eyes are closed, can see better in the dark, and can see better with your glasses off - THAT is auras.

The reason you can see them better with your glasses off is an issue of focus. Because you're seeing auras with your third eye, but your mind interprets this as being a visual experience, the act of taking off your glasses clarifies the experience because you are literally removing something that distracts you from your field of vision. I take off my glasses to "see" because when I try to "see" with them on, my physical eyes are constantly distracted by the frame and the edges of the lenses, which causes me to refocus to viewing through my actual eyes. Taking off my glasses removes the distraction.

Darkness also removes a lot of distractions. The less actual visual input you receive through your physical eyes, the more your brain depends on your "psychic" eyes to interpret the visual field... so practicing in the dark is often one of the first ways people who are learning find works for them.

That same phenomenon is why closing your eyes helps. With your eyes closed, your mind has no alternatives except to reconstruct the scene using your psychic senses. You have removed all visual distractions.

This is why sensory deprivation (WITHIN REASON - lets not drive ourselves crazy here) is such an effective training method for psychic development.

And now to talk about kinesis.

If you are telekinetic in some way, whether micro or macro (and this is a BROAD category of psychic ability which can include pyro, electro, genetic, and many other variants), you will have noticed early in your life that you can see the air.

No, it's not "normal." Most people are not kinetic, and cannot see air molecules.

Yes, it's fine that you can.

As to what kind of kinetic you might be - well, just because you can see the air molecules doesn't mean you can manipulate air. Experimentation will tell you what type of kinetic you are, though as far as I've discerned, kinetics usually function organically, instinctively.

For example, a girl I once knew who was pyrokinetic but had it LITERALLY beaten out of her as a child (she kept setting her crib on fire when she got emotionally worked up - it was a danger to herself and others. While I don't approve of her parents' methods, it did save her life), did NOT have control of her abilities, but they continued to happen in moments of high stress.

However, for me, a serious microkinetic, because I DIDN'T have that experience, I just... grew into it. I discovered early on that I could keep a car running when something electrical was going wrong with it. I also discovered that when an alternator dies, I am not strong enough to keep THAT going, because I MANIPULATE electrons, I don't CREATE them.

That's actually what kinesis is at its heart... it is the MANIPULATION of matter, NOT the creation of it. So a pyro works by causing matter to vibrate faster, which produces heat, and if the matter vibration gets fast enough, eventually produces flame. Electrokinesis works by manipulating the electric field that already exists. Magnekinesis works by manipulating the magnetic fields.

The vast majority of kinetics are microkinetics. Macrokinesis is actually EXTREMELY rare, so even if you ARE kinetic, the likelihood of you being able to move a penny across a table, or a cup across a room, is probably pretty low. But honestly, macrokinesis is showy and gets a lot of buzz, but microkinesis is more practical for one simple reason. We are able to manipulate things at the quantum level.

This means that microkinetics are supremely good at physical healing, genetic manipulation, and changing environments. It's not flashy... but I think being able to keep a dead car going is way more useful than parlor tricks. If I want a cup, I'll go get the cup - I've never met a macrokinetic who was capable of cooking an entire dinner from the couch without a microwave... they have a singular focus - they can't juggle. We microkinetics CAN.

-Raven
I tried to do some magical eye pictures but can't see the pictures themselves, despite being able to more easily make the two dots join each other? Is it that my mind is focused on perceiving the 'air molecules' or that the picture entertains me enough with its 'cheerful' look or things about it that excites my head with energy that I can't look past it?

I'm able to make the two dots in magical eye merge as said, but temporarily half the time and can do that for longer. However I can't see the picture when my vision made the dots merge? I'm trying to do magical eye and it seems to be something that can tell me if I am overthinking or not.

Return to “Educational Material”