Help With Crafting My Dragon Lair, Pretty Please?

JessiccaC
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon/Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Anastazia Birthrite
Zodiac:

I've been looking into creating a dragon lair for my Royal Black Dragon. No offense intended at all, but I feel like anyone can buy something and give it to your spirit. I want to craft something to show my gratitude, something I can really put my own energy into. Which...I'm not crafty at all lol, so this impulse is a little strange. But anways- what are some ideas for a black dragon lair? I have a general idea I think. Sea glass or marbles, shiny things, sand. I've read some things about putting money in there?
Is it an open area like a bowl or maybe something akin to a hollowed-out vessel like a tea-light candle warmer?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Photos are helpful too, lol, as I am a very visual learner ;)

Much love and many blessings today and always,
Jessicca

Much love & Many Blessings
Jessicca

My Spirit Family: Astral Black Werewolf(M), Royal Black Dragon(M), Merman, Gold Dragon(F),Undine Oarsman(M),Kelpie Stallion (M).
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

With my own black dragon (an unbound who claims one of my stones as 'his'), I have a drawer in a jewelery box set aside purely for him (the drawer, that is; the rest of the jewelery box is used for, of course, jewelery, and one other drawer for my fragrance oil imps from BPAL). He usually gloms onto the shiniest or otherwise most valuable coins I have, at least the ones I let him have. :p He likes them arranged in patterns, for energy purposes, and also adores dark gemstones. The three in there so far are an apache tear, a smoky quartz bead, and a polished astrophyllite bead. The fourth stone in the first picture is his claimed vessel, a tektite. I leave the drawer slightly open at all times as a sort of 'cave' for him.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 708046.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 715991.jpg

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
JessiccaC
new here
new here
Zodiac:

That looks very cozy. I bet he really enjoys it in there. I think I have that in common with dragons- I love shiny things lol. I have a spare drawer in one of my jewelry boxes- I have several just to keep my daughter out of the more priceless, heirloom jewelry that has been handed down to me over the years lol. She loves playing dress-up with my makeup and things.
How did you acquire an unbound black dragon? Did he just show up with another spirit? That must be so amazing, having a spirit drawn to you like that. :D How wonderful!

Jessicca

My Spirit Family: Astral Black Werewolf(M), Royal Black Dragon(M), Merman, Gold Dragon(F),Undine Oarsman(M),Kelpie Stallion (M).
moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

Just about anything can be made into a dragon cave. Also usually most black dragons do not prefer money, that's for the red dragons. But each has their own likes. The more you bond with your dragon the more you will know their likes and such. You can also look under the craft ideas here. There are more pics.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
JessiccaC
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you very much, Moonwind. I'll keep looking around. If not money, then what do black dragons seem to like in their lairs? I want him to feel welcome and have things he will enjoy :)

Jessicca

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Are you sensitive to the spirits? If you can sense him, you can get his input. He will guide you in the direction he wants you to go. That is what I am doing with my dragon's lair. They are guiding me to the materials they want in it. It is taking a long time because the things they want are shiny and sometimes expensive.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

JessiccaC wrote:That looks very cozy. I bet he really enjoys it in there. I think I have that in common with dragons- I love shiny things lol. I have a spare drawer in one of my jewelry boxes- I have several just to keep my daughter out of the more priceless, heirloom jewelry that has been handed down to me over the years lol. She loves playing dress-up with my makeup and things.
How did you acquire an unbound black dragon? Did he just show up with another spirit? That must be so amazing, having a spirit drawn to you like that. :D How wonderful!
I have a feeling he may have been attached to that stone from the beginning (I've had it for about six years now), but never really became active or got my attention until the past year when I started poking around with the spirit keeping topic. So he sort of came on his own.

But yes, a jewelery box drawer would be pretty simple to turn into a lair for your dragon. I know some other members have also made more 'cave'-like lairs with polymer clay, or organising stones and other favored objects in a bowl.
moonwind wrote:Just about anything can be made into a dragon cave. Also usually most black dragons do not prefer money, that's for the red dragons. But each has their own likes. The more you bond with your dragon the more you will know their likes and such. You can also look under the craft ideas here. There are more pics.
Italicized for emphasis here. Also, it's really not the greatest of ideas to generalize dragons based on colour, that's kinda racist. :p Joking, but it's kind of rude to make blanket statements when not all dragons work the same way; the colour system is overly simplified and is not the best indicator of likes even as a generality. It's for human convenience at best. In truth, dragon species are far more expansive and complicated than simply 'black dragon' or 'silver dragon'. But that's a lot of information that would require extensive time and effort actually communicating with each dragon to get that sort of background info on them. So people stick with the more effortless system.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
JessiccaC
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Are you sensitive to the spirits? If you can sense him, you can get his input. He will guide you in the direction he wants you to go. That is what I am doing with my dragon's lair. They are guiding me to the materials they want in it. It is taking a long time because the things they want are shiny and sometimes expensive.
I feel like I am sensitive to spirit energies. Not so much seeing, but much more feeling I guess. It's hard to explain. I think that's what I will do, just go look around and see where he guides me. I need to find some grey wool for my werewolf too. I don't like making differences ;)

Jessicca

ennaralee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 48
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I do not have one
Zodiac:

My daughter and I went to the craft store and picked up a small wooden castle that was hollow inside. She took great care in painting it just how she thought her silver dragon would like it and then she put all kinds of stones and little animal statues in there that she thought her dragon would like. She didn't need to be super crafty and eventhough we bought it from the store she put a lot of energy in to personalizing it. Just an idea. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it to share at the moment. Hope that helps.

11 Dragons, 13 Fae/Elves, 3 Immortals, 17 Creatures/Other, 3 Alphas, 5 Werewolves, 2 Hellhounds, 13 Vampires (Sang & Psy), 11 various DA spirits
JessiccaC
new here
new here
Zodiac:

That does sound special! I bet she did a wonderful job and her dragon is very happy there. Yes, that's what I was thinking. Find something, add my personal touches and imbue it with my energies as I put it all together. What do black dragons like in their lair? What will entice him to go in and make it his own?
Thank you all for your wonderful inputs!

Jessicca

Return to “Spirit Keeping”