Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ceza
Zodiac:

SilentMoon wrote:I always have incense, oils, candles, and crystals/mineral offerings as a "starter," and whittle it down to see what the spirit likes specifically. The types of the above just depends on the spirit.

Needless to say, I have an altar that looks like the weirdest mineral and candle exhibition ever...

The spirits I work with and keep personally are mostly dark, but they don't ask for anything too far out that I haven't given them already. Sometimes I'll prepare a 7 day candle (which I need to do today) dressed with their favorite oils for them. When I cook for a special occasion, I offer some of my meal to them in communion with the spirits--which I recently did on New Year's.

This sounds so silly, but when Yankee Candle has their $1 tealight special, I stock up on different scents, put them on the altar, and see who responds to what. Sometimes I just use intuition, but I mostly read the flame (harder since I can't be there for the full 8-hour burn), or the results of the burn itself.

They seem entertained enough by the variety.
That sounds nice. I never even thought to use the 7 day candles. I have the smaller "votive" candles though, so I'll dress them in oils and give it a try. :)

8)|* 1 Garden Fae, 1 Courtwind Angel, 1 Divine Angel, 2 Red Dragons, 1 Bronwyn Angel 8)|*
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

IF YOU GARDEN YOU MIGHT PUT A LITTLE OFFERING OF YOUR BOUNTY OUT FOR THEM. IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO'S ALL CRAFTY THEN YOU MIGHT MAKE THEM SOMETHING. IT CAN BE A DRAWING, MUSIC, A STONE YOU LIKE, A NICE CHARGING BOX, REALLY ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM YOUR HEART. THEY'LL APPRECIATE ANYTHING THEY KNOW YOU DID BECAUSE YOU WERE THINKING OF THEM.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Cayden29
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of Them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Merfolk
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Cayden
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:IF YOU GARDEN YOU MIGHT PUT A LITTLE OFFERING OF YOUR BOUNTY OUT FOR THEM. IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO'S ALL CRAFTY THEN YOU MIGHT MAKE THEM SOMETHING. IT CAN BE A DRAWING, MUSIC, A STONE YOU LIKE, A NICE CHARGING BOX, REALLY ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM YOUR HEART. THEY'LL APPRECIATE ANYTHING THEY KNOW YOU DID BECAUSE YOU WERE THINKING OF THEM.
Question: Is the offering just a symbol of kindness? .___. I mean, if she left a fruit as an offering it would eventually go bad. ...

You live in a world that has no place for someone like me. You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Untamed and unafraid~
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

YEAH YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE IT OUT ANY LONGER THAN YOU FEEL NECESSARY.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Cereza
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Ceza
Zodiac:

Some really good ideas in this thread. :)

I just wanted to add that sometimes I'll randomly find an item on the ground and instantly think of a spirit. I'm not sure if that means they're telling me they want it, but I'll pick it up and give it as and "offering."

8)|* 1 Garden Fae, 1 Courtwind Angel, 1 Divine Angel, 2 Red Dragons, 1 Bronwyn Angel 8)|*
asgaard
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gold Dragon Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: asgaard

So what might be some good offering ideas for an Ifrit Djinn? What do they typically go for?

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte

For Djinns I tend to offer lavender incense and candles. But as others have said on this thread, anything that comes from the heart is the best gift you can offer.

asgaard
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gold Dragon Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: asgaard

Dropturvey wrote:For Djinns I tend to offer lavender incense and candles. But as others have said on this thread, anything that comes from the heart is the best gift you can offer.
Thanks for the concise answer. I have heard that lavender is a good choice when offering to any Djinn and your confirming it is helpful. I am still waiting for my Ifrit to arrive and I am trying to figure out the best offering for a new, and first, spirit.

SilentMoon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,Angel,Vampire

Cereza wrote:That sounds nice. I never even thought to use the 7 day candles. I have the smaller "votive" candles though, so I'll dress them in oils and give it a try. :)
You should and see how they like it! Ever since places like Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart started carrying them, I started doing this more often. I travel a lot, so I'm not always near a botanica or able to get mail.
Only downside is when I add too much oil, thinking I'm being generous. The wick doesn't like that, so I have to scoop the excess out! Like the saying goes, a lil' dab 'll do ya!

Visit my shop:
https://www.bonanza.com/booths/DarlingDarkling

Use ISAWITONCH for 25% off your purchase!
AlleeinLure
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

One of my lovely Vampires is extremely moody, when I feel him getting close to the edge I lube up a cinnamon stick with cheery blossom oil and aloe. I put his vessel and his amethyst gem in a stone offering bowl and rest the cinnamon stick over the top.. THEN I put the whole shabam in my bedroom window (the moonlight streams in beautifully on a clear night). The next morning I thank him for being active in my life and invite him to spend the rest of the day with me. It seems to pick up his mood, energy, and 'loud' activity.

All my other spirits seem to be pretty low maintenance, they are happy with their vessels being rested on certain gems, most of them get really excited for one on one outings, some special plants here - some special oils or herbs there, a genuine thank you and deep appreciation.

I personally enjoy asking them to share their current 'lives' or past lives with me via meditation or dreams, based on what they share with me I can tailor offerings to that. For example, my Nephilim had a deep love mud, the feel of it, the cooling touch of burying his toes in it, so come rain season (since everything is frozen here right now), I'm going to get the guy some mud to squish in.

*shrugs*

Miss. Alleein Lure
Moje rodina je malý, ale je to krásné.
"Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?"
— Chuck Palahniuk

Return to “Spirit Keeping”