You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

It's already great, especially the DA secrets. Look forward to it.

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
AstralPhreak
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: angry
If I could be anything, I would be...: elf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Krla' sn
Zodiac:

This encyclopedia is massive. I caught myself listing through it for 2 hours, time just flew by. I love the dark art, especially Alicanto part 1s . Thanks !

Astral project yourself into the unknown and open them chakras!
merlinjr
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4

I wish we could add to it.. there are all kinds of spirits creepy hollows doesnt have on local knowledge however other stores do... would it not make sense to make the encyclopedia a vast repository of knowledge to the spiritually interested and attuned?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You can absolutely add content to the Encyclopedia! You have to create a log-in, but once you do you can add articles.

There is a tab at the top called "Add New Article". They have to be approved once submitted, but feel free to submit content for inclusion :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Is it possible to suggest edits to existing entity entries?
Please forgive me for saying so, but I have noticed several inaccuracies in both information and pronunciations. I realize though that lore/UPG/modern perceptions is a constantly evolving thing that can be hard to summarize in one paragraph to be understandable by a wide audience, and words can vary a bit by dialect and region ... but still. I'm rather pedantic, lol.

Also there are several pages with broken images.
I'm a bit disturbed by the fact that no credit is given for photos/artwork (especially after asking readers to respect your own copyright of the encyclopedia). The page for Hathor has an image of a belly dancer named Delilah in costume. This was a print that used to be for sale.
And the image for the Fenrir-wolf ... comes from a video game. C'mon. That page really needs some work to distinguish a Fenrir-prodigy from the deity Himself, Who is surely lacking an entry in the Immortals category!

I'm curious where you get the associations for each entry from. Some of them seem bizarre and completely unrelated to the culture that entity is from.
Taking the Fenrir-wolf as an example again ... The animal is coyote? Coyotes don't exist in the Old World. And butterscotch? What?
The associations seem rigid and should include multiple options from history and modern UPG (as some entities lack historical information about preferred offerings and symbols). Readers should be encouraged to seek out natural and safe things, like no artificial fragrances (i.e. that "natural feeding of Earthen energies" besides it's unhealthy for people and pets anyway). And safety information for herbs/plants should be just as important as safety information for the entity themselves. Plants should be specified by species ... take for example on Loki's page, snakeroot. There are a variety of plants called that. Which one is it, and why?
Day, month and planet associations are probably not a common thread in multiple cultures either, and would vary depending on time period and area, and how developed they were in astronomy and what not. Egypt and Rome had oodles of sacred days and celebrations on their calendars. For the Norse deities though we are missing a lot of what the old beliefs were.
I think it should be made clear what is historical and what is more of a witchcraft/ceremonial magic modern belief, as I don't think older cultures had neat little lists compartmentalizing everything. Maybe the Greeks, which is where we get the urge to say "god of X" .... lol.

And is it okay to submit new Immortal listings?

Ah I didn't mean for my first forum post to come across with such a negative tone. I really like this place and would like to see the Encyclopedia provide good, solid tidbits and advice that get people started on deeper connections and understandings.
I personally feel that understanding an entity first within Their own culture is paying the highest respect, then branch out from there. Say Hathor liked frankincense and turquoise, and may have had multiple months associated with Her (which don't correspond easily due to Ancient Egypt's moving calendar), but today's devotees find that She likes jasmine and chocolate and Valentine's Day too, y'know? (Her animal is not a vulture, by the way ... it's a cow.)
My goodness I better stop now and get off my soapbox!

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “Messages & Updates”