NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Got my own singing bowl this June at the Pagan Picnic... been using it to cleanse my crystals, my spelled and spirited vessels, cleanse empty vessels prior to conjuring into them or spell them, cleanse my space prior to ritual, cleanse my home, cleanse my chakras and my aura, cleanse my ritual tools for my shamanism... I'm LOVING my bowl SO much... I've even used it in place of a drum or rattle a time or two when doing Journeywork to the upper and lower realms! LOVE working with sound energies SO much!

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

This is interesting! I've tried the theta waves and sound vibrations and sometimes use them to meditate. Have never tried getting and using chimes/singing bowls. I might just do that. :)

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

My singing bowl gets a pulse going, and I just sink into the pulse and I'm gone... it's like a drum only better. The only issue is that if I'm not really careful with the way I'm holding the wand, it gets a grating tone when I move my wrist too fast, which drags me out, so it's almost like... movement hypnosis, requiring you to rock with your wrist movements as the bowl sings and pulses. So you get the tone, the cleansing, and you drift, and you can go really deep, but your body has to stay moving exactly right.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I haven't got a singing bowl (yet), but I do have an Awakening Chime. It can be struck like a regular chime, or it can be played by dragging the striker around one end of it, which will produce a sustained note like a singing bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT2IMa7WPPY

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oooooo...... I LIKE that... that's exactly what I do with my bowl!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Squeeeee

I just "quartzed" my whole house with sound energy! :)

I think I've posted in this thread about the jade flute that I obtained. Well, it has since been joined by a second jade flute that was made in a different style. And now, there is a third stone flute in the family. This one is entirely transparent and made of lab-grown quartz.

If you google around for lab supplies like glass rods and tubes, you will find links to QUARTZ rods and tubes as well. I'm not a chemist (though I did get Breaking Bad for Christmas :D ), so I'm not sure of the reasons why certain lab work requires quartz instead of glass.

But someone has decided to take that lab-grown quartz, make tubes out of it, and then turn those tubes into six-hole transverse flutes. And I am a Very Happy Camper because of this. :)

So I'm in the "getting to know you" stage of working with the flute now, having just opened the parcel a little while ago. And remember, sound energy can be used to cleanse every molecule of everything it touches, internally and externally. Also, when a stone instrument is played, those energies are sent out in all directions as well.

This is a small house, I'm right in the middle of it, and I'm confident that the playing is audible in every room. So I have just "quartzed" my house. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Clockwick Jeeves
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Dark Lords
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Great topic! :thumbup:

“One sticks to an opinion because he prides himself on having come to it on his own, and another because he has taken great pains to learn it and is proud to have grasped it: and so both do so out of vanity.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here is a possible MEDICAL use for sound healing. In this case, it's ultrasound, and its use is to help the body clear out the placques and blockages in the brain that are responsible for causing Alzheimer's Disease.

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-alzheim ... y-function
New Alzheimer’s treatment fully restores memory function

Of the mice that received the treatment, 75 percent got their memories back.
BEC CREW
18 MAR 2015

Australian researchers have come up with a non-invasive ultrasound technology that clears the brain of neurotoxic amyloid plaques - structures that are responsible for memory loss and a decline in cognitive function in Alzheimer’s patients.

If a person has Alzheimer’s disease, it’s usually the result of a build-up of two types of lesions - amyloid plaques, and neurofibrillary tangles. Amyloid plaques sit between the neurons and end up as dense clusters of beta-amyloid molecules, a sticky type of protein that clumps together and forms plaques.

Neurofibrillary tangles are found inside the neurons of the brain, and they’re caused by defective tau proteins that clump up into a thick, insoluble mass. This causes tiny filaments called microtubules to get all twisted, which disrupts the transportation of essential materials such as nutrients and organelles along them, just like when you twist up the vacuum cleaner tube.

As we don’t have any kind of vaccine or preventative measure for Alzheimer’s - a disease that affects 343,000 people in Australia, and 50 million worldwide - it’s been a race to figure out how best to treat it, starting with how to clear the build-up of defective beta-amyloid and tau proteins from a patient’s brain. Now a team from the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) at the University of Queensland have come up with a pretty promising solution for removing the former.

Publishing in Science Translational Medicine, the team describes the technique as using a particular type of ultrasound called a focused therapeutic ultrasound, which non-invasively beams sound waves into the brain tissue. By oscillating super-fast, these sound waves are able to gently open up the blood-brain barrier, which is a layer that protects the brain against bacteria, and stimulate the brain’s microglial cells to move in. Microglila cells are basically waste-removal cells, so once they get past the blood-brain barrier, they’re able to clear out the toxic beta-amyloid clumps before the blood-brain barrier is restored within a few hours.

The team reports fully restoring the memories of 75 percent of the mice they tested it on, with zero damage to the surrounding brain tissue. They found that the treated mice displayed improved performance in three memory tasks - a maze, a test to get them to recognise new objects, and one to get them to remember the places they should avoid.

"We’re extremely excited by this innovation of treating Alzheimer’s without using drug therapeutics," one of the team, Jürgen Götz, said in a press release. "The word ‘breakthrough’ is often misused, but in this case I think this really does fundamentally change our understanding of how to treat this disease, and I foresee a great future for this approach."

The team says they’re planning on starting trials with higher animal models, such as sheep, and hope to get their human trials underway in 2017.

cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Here is a possible MEDICAL use for sound healing. In this case, it's ultrasound, and its use is to help the body clear out the placques and blockages in the brain that are responsible for causing Alzheimer's Disease.

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-alzheim ... y-function
New Alzheimer’s treatment fully restores memory function
I lost my father the summer of 2014 of that totally awful condition, it was a nightmare that lasted over 3 years. I really wish this finding was available when he was diagnosed. My father lived a very active, independent and successful life and it hurt me to the core to see how his life ended in such precarious and degrading conditions. 1sa

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”