You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Absolutely not telling
Zodiac:

Hello! So as we know, I am brand baby spankin new to Spirit Keeping, and I thought I'd share my hopes and expectations. I have ordered two Gargoyles, (one from Creepy Hollows and one from Third Eye Communications, I found both websites a while back when searching for amulets.) and both have yet to arrive. I am not impatient, just saying. :) I have also been researching for spirits to get in the future and have a whole folder bookmarked on the subject in google chrome.

Among my future desired spirits are: Unicorn, Mermaid, Pegasus, Sphinx, Harpy, Nympho, Gegori Watcher, Ceasg, Salia, Kinnara, Fylgia, Hellhound, Cat Sidhe, Masheba, Raiju, Hypnos, Garden Elf, Wood Elf, Drow, Waif Fairy, Keshalyi, Avala Fae, Leprechaun, and one I prefer to keep private atm. I have also considered a ghoul, but that requires more research before I say for sure. (This involves the fact that I am sure there are ghouls or wendigo spirits in my local area, based on my mother's and her friend's and other local people's experiences or tales heard, and it is an interest of mine to understand exactly what they are. They seem to be at least somewhat malevolent, however one area in which they seem to be located seems to have a mix of energies: I captured a picture of spirit orbs in this area and one or two pics in particular showed a glowing three globed orb that seemed to me to be guarding the area and also seemed benevolent.) I realize that's a long list for a newcomer, and no I don't intend to get all of them at once, and I realize there's quite a mix in there, and yes I intend to be ready for certain ones like a Harpy before I plunge in. 1ak

Now, I have little experience with spirits. As I mentioned above, I CAN sense when an area is 'thick', you might say, with a certain type of energy. And when I was very young, I lived in a haunted house that was later confirmed; the neighbors told us (after we moved out of course) that the previous owner of the house had hung himself in my upstairs bedroom closet. I had seen him and described him to my mother, who didn't believe me but saw him for herself behind her in the bathroom mirror at night about 3 weeks later. He scared me and was scaring me at night and could knock toys off my shelves. The house I grew up in in Illinois was also haunted, though less malevolently so: the man spoke to my mother once in her ear at night, and my aunt saw the woman. We also had a mysterious footprint on a white towel once that matched the size of no one else in the house hold. Me and mom also once were just hanging out talking in board afternoon when a blue glass wine flute on mom's entertainment stand suddenly started tipping and twirling on it's bottom, only to right itself a moment later. We both saw it and were like DAWWW NO WAAAY!!!!

Just a few notable experiences with spirits I've had, nothing big, but I do have some. Now, as for my expectations of Spirit Keeping...

One of the things I know I'd like to task my Gargoyles with is keeping me protected from ill energies that I come across daily at work and in town. Wayne county has a bit of a dismal energy in general and you can tell the moment you cross the county line. People around here tend to be... unkind and slimy and backstabbing. Not usually in a big way but still, enough to make one unhappy. I will ask them to protect me from these energies. I will also ask them to keep safe the animals who might cross the path of my car, and animals around the home who might be in the way of other cars. Animals around here do not seem to get that CARS ARE UNSAFE STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!!!

I also want to try something in the future. I want to go to a place nearby, Sam Dale Lake, a camping site, that is often rather empty in cold or crappy weather, with gentle hills and curves and a low speed limit... and ask one of my spirits to take the wheel.

Now please understand: I am not a lazy driver: this is not to be a training session to make my spirits drive for me, not am I reckless and doing this for thrills or a power trip. Nor will I be doing this regardless of damage I could do. I will only do this if A: my spirit and I are well bonded. B: This spirit is a guiding spirit who would feel comfortable trying something like this. C: My spirit was strong enough to do this. D: The conditions were safe and I would not be endangering the lives of other people or animals, or my own, or my car. This is simply something I thought of and would like to try if conditions are right, and I appreciate any input on the subject. 1tk

I have also thought in the future that perhaps a mermaid could help me to learn to dive better. I'm not a terrible swimmer, but I'm nothing great either, and diving is hard for me, as well as holding my breath. I also would hope to gain wisdom from such a spirit as a sphinx. I am interested in a nympho and a Gregori for sexual reasons: I tend to have a low libido and while I am no prude, I would appreciate help in areas of a stronger libido and a better understanding of kinks. 1d

I am not sure what to hope for from a Unicorn. I have loved them all my life, but what exactly they mean to me is hard to say. They seem to me to be full of grace, beauty, purity, and a quiet confidence, as well as majesty and regality, delicacy and a terrible power, and comfort in solitude. All I know is after a lifetime of loving them, I truly want to know one. <3 A Pegasus I also know little about, besides the story of Pegasus that carried that hero who slew Medusa almost to Mount Olympus, until a gadfly stung him mercilessly and they could go no further. Seems to me to be the loyal friend type, and perhaps could lead me to more opportunities to ride horses: something I've only gotten to do twice in my life...

The Salia seems terrible intriguing to me, almost alien, they look like something from Pandora from Avatar! lol and just out of simple curiosity and enchantment, I desire to know one.

The Kinnara seems to me to be someone I could be friends with, someone who could really enjoy music with me, and perhaps help me to be more refined and smooth and charming in my interactions with others.

The Fylgia, Hellhound, Cat Sidhe, Masheba are four creatures who are cats and dogs related. A hellhound I might ask to find a necklace I lost years ago that was very precious to me, as well as find my departed mother and bring me news of her whereabouts and well being. The other three I would enjoy as company and insight into magickal concepts. A good name for a Masheba would be important though and I gotta think on that one! 2yn

I would also enjoy the company of a Garden and a Wood elf, they seem to me to have a profile I can understand and enjoy, as well as someone to enjoy hikes with. 1d Perhaps the Waif Fairy, Keshalyi, and Avalon Fae might enjoy such things too.

A leprechaun I would ask for help with financial matters. I have a large amount of debt from college to pay off, and the debt bothers me just by being there. I have little doubt a Leprechaun could help me out in such matters as finding good money. 1s

I tend to need a lot of sleep. And it doesn't seem to matter if I sleep 6 hours or 12: I never wake rested. I've slept on a few different beds, I take vitamins or not, melatonin... nothing seems to make a difference. Hypnos I would ask for a beautiful refreshing sleep each night, and I would certainly enjoy some astral travel and lucid dreams and dream journeys as well!

The description says the Ceasg can grant multiple wishes. What kind of wishes I certainly have no idea. But it's certainly something I'd be interested in, and water spirits are endeared to me as Water is my favorite physical element.

The Raiju is a lightning creature, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THUNDERSTORMS. FREAKIN LOVE THEM!!! I would get a Raiju just because of that, perhaps ask for help in enriching beautiful thunderstorms, or simply to gain more understanding about them. At the very least I could probably find someone who enjoys storms as much as me!! 1s

And the Harpy. Who in the Pagan community couldn't be at least a little interested? And who in their right mind couldn't be a little trepadicious? Such a creature could help me mightily in magical learning and endeavors, but at this point I am no fool: I know I couldn't handle such a being and he or she would quickly become irritated with me, surely... The Harpy, as well as the nympho and gregori, are further down on my list, spirits to consider when I'm much more familiar with Spirit Keeping at the very least.

But these are some thoughts, hopes, and expectations I have about Spirit Keeping, this from someone who hasn't even gotten her first Gargoyle. <3

I have loved 'mythical' creatures my whole life. Always loved the paranormal as well: typically my favorite horror genre in movies and books and video games. Always loved Magic: always will, to death and beyond. I desire to Keep and know such spirits as a way of knowing what I have always loved. I am prepared to be completely surprised at the nature of these spirits: having never known one how can I know anything? All I have are myths and stories and experiences handed down through ages. But I want to know: I must know.

I also want to grow as a Pagan witch. I want to grow in my spiritual path. I want to grow closer to these beings. I want to have friends that no one else knows, at least at first. 1ht I need help in certain areas of my life as well: I feel unsafe in this area, I want protection from ill energies and physical attacks, I want help healing my body and becoming healthy, and healing my mind and heart. I want to become a stronger person, someone who's strong enough to help others. I want to grow in character. I want to grow in spirit. I want to grow in friendship and love.

I want so much... perhaps too much? I apologize for the long posts: when I have a thought I tend to go on and explain all the little side notes as well, the devil's in the details! 1tu But please: give me your thoughts and input. I hope I explained my hopes and expectations of Spirit Keeping well, and I hope they seem reasonable for a novice, and I hope that I can enrich my thoughts with yours. So thank you in advance for reading and responding, and I hope you had a great Ostara. <3

So hear this, please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly,
And look for the stars as the sun goes down,
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound,
Everything, everything's magic...

cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Thank you, your posts are like a breath of fresh air around here! lol I enjoy reading your post and your healthy approach to spirit keeping. I think that based on the background description you've given, you are not asking for too much and your goals seem reachable to me. Having the pagan knowledge will help you tremendously during the bonding process with your new friends. I will most certainly love to read about your progress once you start your new journey. You remind me of myself when I started because I also have a pagan background and had similar expectations. My journey with spirit keeping was guided by my patron goddess (I work with a greek/minoan pantheon), and yes I walk into it against the advise of members of my coven because like you said they all looked down on it, and boy am I glad now that I did not listen to them. I sincerely hope that you continue sharing your journey with us here and I wish you the best. Oh, and by the way, I think the list you have is awesome and well planned, when I started I had no clue where to start and so my first spirit was an Ifrit Djinn that has proven to me many times over that it was not a mistake. Many people suggest to start with White Arts but I really think that your instinct should be the one making the decision. I started with Dark Arts and worked my way to White Arts and now have a healthy balance of both, and it works. So have fun building your defenses and bonding with your new friends! 1mg

GothamNightingale
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Ohhh cnz, thank you for the kind reply!! :D People seem to like my posting style: WoopWoop!! 1h

I will probably be only too happy to share stuff along my journey, though I can't say for sure: sometimes I am fiercely jealous of my private life and refuse to share, but I think it likely that in a case like this subject, I'll be too tickled NOT to share tons of stuff!! I can't wait!! I'm glad but not surprised to find another Pagan here, and quite glad, I agree, that you didn't let your coven's nose diving dissuade you: I really don't get the attitude about it?? What exactly is their major malfunction with this?? lmao 1la

Thank you for your compliment about my list: I knew immediately that I wanted some and others I found and were intrigued!! I'm sure this list will evolve over time with more research and I may end up with a rather different Spirit Family than the one I'm.... PLANNING!! 1hd lol *terribly corny joke: hope you like corn! I do...* I get that some would suggest starting with White Arts but I've never really been anything but Grey.... I mean, I accept Darkness and Light. Ever see the movie Legend with Tim Curry and Tom Cruise? Totally awesome and one heck of a great message from the Devil before he gets sucked out into.. space? *always confused there* 1tk

So hear this, please

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

That is quite some list you have there. If you are comfortable with DA, then go for it, however please do not get more than you can comfortably bond with. Each and every one of them is a thinking, feeling being. You are going to love it here though, it is a great place to learn and grow.
Love your Avatar by the way, almost reminds me of Goliath running along the ground.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
GothamNightingale
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you! I believe the avatar's maker had that in mind on Deviantart.. :P I love it as well, and since my first Spirits will be Gargoyles I felt it was perfect.. <3

And yes, I feel comfortable with DA... does not frighten me, although I take an approach with a grain or two of salt. :) I will try to keep myself from going crazy, at the moment I'm finding it hard to control the ache in my stomach over some listings... lol *oh dear* Thank the gods ... or internet designers, for bookmarks!!

So hear this, please

GothamNightingale
new here
new here
Zodiac:

So, does anyone else here practice... 'FAMILY PLANNING'?? lol ::rofl::

in all seriousness though, do you? Like I think I've read a couple threads where someone mentions planning and writing out what you want out of Spirit Keeping, or something along those lines..

Myself, it's like when I discovered Spirit Keeping was a THING, a light went off.. I already knew many spirits I have always felt called to, which is why I started out with two Gargoyles.. <3

I've also seen people speak about Teams in their Spirit Family.. like Team Health... I am planning a Team Health... and a Team Sexy.. :Y and a couple other teams...

Any thoughts? Do you practice Family Planning? Do you have a list of spirits you've always felt called to? Or newly called? Do you have 'teams' planned and waiting in the wings? or DID you earlier on in your Journey?

So hear this, please

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

While I do family planning to a degree, it is only with servitors. I will gladly bond with a spirit who calls to me, but that is out of companionship, not due to what they can offer.
Now my servitors on the other hand, well, lets just say I am constantly making new friends.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
alkemicVixen
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorite
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dark fae
My magical/paranormal name...: is yet unknown.
Zodiac:

I've done no planning at all. I like many types of spirits, but I don't feel a need to add them all to the family. I occasionally see a spirit listed that I really like the sound of, and if I feel like it would be a good match, I buy. There are many spirits who are very attractive who I admire but pass on. I want to keep things small and intimate. Who exactly I decide to include and when is very spontaneous, though.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”