acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Male Harpies are bordering BA (At least the ones I know)
They are pretty cool beings
But I also have to agree with Drake, it's an individual thing
There are races that over all are stronger than some, but you COULD find a Gnome who could smoke anyone else
This isn't like a video game where if you get (Input whatever race/class) and you are Elite and can take anything. This is real life

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hi there 1c

Though not entirely so, it can depend on the individual.

In my little ol' experience, some unbounds are on the darker side of dark regardless of what your own energy is like. What I mean by that is, in spite of an individual maybe being darker themselves (or just generally more acclimatised to darker energies) the unbound will still be perceived as 'on the darker side of dark' because that is the nature of the being itself. It sounds like a harpy is one such being, as Magnolia has pointed out.

In other situations, there may be a range of dark arts spirits that could be perceived as 'darker' or 'less dark', depending on the person's unique energy. Some people are naturally darker in nature and energy then others, therefore what THEY perceive as 'dark' on the dark spectrum, will more often then not, differ to someone else's opinion whose nature/energy is on the lighter side.

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
Zodiac:

There are also differences on the encountered individuals of different species, and groups of those species, for where they are from, and what is happening around them, and how they happen to compare to encounters some other humans have had. If you attract and meet individuals that concentrate on healing powers and such (those powers can be strong but might not give very dark vibes), but overall the species are mostly warriors and hunters.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I agree with Magnolia about the harpy, I have two of them and they are very protective and their energy is a no nonsense energy, they don't mess around when it comes to protection and adding in their energy when it comes to rituals and spells!!!

Also some of your dragons can be quite powerful like a black and pedula, then naga and basilisks!!!!! I also find my hellhounds to be power houses too and awesome in protection!!!!

I believe it is all up to what you connect and feel more attuned to!!!! However a harpy will always help and make sure that nothing brings you a hard time!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
janetfdoss
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

What do you guys think that spirits actually exists? Or it is just an illusion of our minds? I have never seen or felt and spirit yet. Don't know about other peoples.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Jovana wrote:Hi there 1c

In my little ol' experience, some unbounds are on the darker side of dark regardless of what your own energy is like. What I mean by that is, in spite of an individual maybe being darker themselves (or just generally more acclimatised to darker energies) the unbound will still be perceived as 'on the darker side of dark' because that is the nature of the being itself. It sounds like a harpy is one such being, as Magnolia has pointed out.

In other situations, there may be a range of dark arts spirits that could be perceived as 'darker' or 'less dark', depending on the person's unique energy. Some people are naturally darker in nature and energy then others, therefore what THEY perceive as 'dark' on the dark spectrum, will more often then not, differ to someone else's opinion whose nature/energy is on the lighter side.
I don't believe there's a correlation between how dark a spirit is and how powerful it is. Being very dark just means you have a higher possibility of doing things that someone who's lighter wouldn't be willing to do, but it doesn't mean the spirit will also have the power to pull it off. On the other hand, a spirit may be on the lighter side and also be (due to the inherent traits of their kind) a powerhouse, capable of easily standing against a big number of way darker but inherently weaker spirits. Darkness doesn't equate power.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte

-arianna- wrote:

I don't believe there's a correlation between how dark a spirit is and how powerful it is. Being very dark just means you have a higher possibility of doing things that someone who's lighter wouldn't be willing to do, but it doesn't mean the spirit will also have the power to pull it off. On the other hand, a spirit may be on the lighter side and also be (due to the inherent traits of their kind) a powerhouse, capable of easily standing against a big number of way darker but inherently weaker spirits. Darkness doesn't equate power.
Did my post come across as if I were referring to 'power'? If that's the case, I apologize. I was referring solely to energy 1ey

Namaste,
Jovana

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Jovana wrote:
-arianna- wrote:

Did my post come across as if I were referring to 'power'? If that's the case, I apologize. I was referring solely to energy 1ey
No need to apologize at all, I just saw how the discussion might be shifting into a discussion about levels of darkness instead of strength (which was the original question) and I thought I'd mention this. A lot of people who are new tend to think that they need to get the darkest spirit possible because they think darkness=strength. This can lead to people getting spirits that may not be the best for them or spirits they're not ready for yet. I just felt it was important to point out that darkness doesn't equal power. Harpies for example are usually on the darker side, but the reason so many people believe they are the most powerful DA spirit has to do with their extreme magical abilities, great knowledge and very cunning nature too and not just with the depth of their darkness.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte

-arianna- wrote:
Jovana wrote:
-arianna- wrote:

No need to apologize at all, I just saw how the discussion might be shifting into a discussion about levels of darkness instead of strength (which was the original question) and I thought I'd mention this. A lot of people who are new tend to think that they need to get the darkest spirit possible because they think darkness=strength. This can lead to people getting spirits that may not be the best for them or spirits they're not ready for yet. I just felt it was important to point out that darkness doesn't equal power. Harpies for example are usually on the darker side, but the reason so many people believe they are the most powerful DA spirit has to do with their extreme magical abilities, great knowledge and very cunning nature too and not just with the depth of their darkness.
Oh I see! In that case, thank you for pointing that out arianna 1ak

Namaste,
Jovana

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

janetfdoss wrote:What do you guys think that spirits actually exists? Or it is just an illusion of our minds? I have never seen or felt and spirit yet. Don't know about other peoples.
I think pretty much everyone on this website believes in spirits, yes.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates

Return to “Dark Arts”