What do YOU look for in a meditation audio file?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

OK, folks, I am getting ready to create new meditation audio files! But first, I would like your input. Such as...

- Do you use binary or isochronic tones?

- Do you prefer nature sounds as a background? If so, what kind? (I have a ton of free nature sounds to choose from here -- rain, thunderstorms, ocean, river, birds, frogs, and more.)

- Do you prefer white noise or some other color noise as a background? If so, which one(s)?

- How many minutes long do you prefer the file to be? I'm going with 15, 30, and 60 minutes for now, but I'd like to get an idea of what time-lengths I should focus on first.

- For those who balance their chakras while they meditate: Do you go from Crown to Root (C-R), Root to Crown (R-C)? Do you go in both directions: First C-R and then R-C, or first R-C and then C-R?

Thanks!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

There is no reason not to use both isochronic and binaurals in the same file. Multiple entrainment forms can make a stronger experience.

Nature sounds are good, but you can use other things. I have seen city noises used, and I recorded my coffee maker brewing coffee. Layered voices chanting mantra are good.

What's wrong with 20 minutes?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Good point. If people prefer a length other than 15, 30, or 60 minutes, please let me know.

Oh, and I also have a heartbeat audio that's fabulous as background audio. I forgot to mention that one.

I could create a city-noises soundscape without too much difficulty, if people were looking for that. I hadn't thought of man-made sounds as an option, since some of our human-created noises can be jarring, but things like a drone on a highway could be soothing.

Good ideas! Thanks! :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Normal busy city random noises can be soothing to people who come from that kind of environment. When it is too quiet, it bothers them. It is rare to see people make background files with that in mind. A busy shopping mall food court area, for example. Rush hour traffic. I really don't know.

jack77
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I almost never listen to hour long meditation audio files. I also steer clear from most 15 min (or shorter) ones, although I have a few that I like that are around 15 min long. I prefer 20-30 min, they're just perfect for me.

Binaural or isochronic are both fine since I always use headphones, but I suppose isochronic tones won't restrict people to headphones use.

As for sounds, I don't like white noise and I really like all water related sounds (rain, running water, waves ...).

As for balancing chakras, R-C. Though both directions going from R-C then C-R sounds like something I'd be interested in trying.

Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

I love to use tones for healing and relaxing.....crystal bowl music and Om being chanted stuff. Choirs and male or female harmony in songs sends me. I am in the process of experimenting with the "Harnessing The Power Of Sound" Spell and various types of sacred sounds. 1s

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

Binaural beats and isochronic tones range from great to "heck no!"... but it depends on the 'swing' factor, as in, going from one ear and back and forth and back and forth. Since I have misophonia, it really agitates me because it makes my head feel lopsided. My right ear is particularly sensitive to it for some reason, so for some things that are right ear heavy I have to push that side of my headphones off my ear to bear listening to it. 2sc 2ded

I enjoy rain and water sounds, but no thunder... Nature sounds, like quiet birds and such... Maybe very soft, slow piano. EDIT: I do enjoy steady monk chanting! Especially when it's low baritone, high bass-y.

White noise is usually too high for me, brown noise is wonderful, though.

In terms of time, I have ADHD and various aches and pains and restlessness issues, so sometimes I can only last a short while. 10 minutes can be my limit on bad days, however on good days, I can go for around an hour comfortably.

Personally, I go root to crown, since it's often recommended that you have your root chakra balanced first and foremost or your crown chakra may have you floating off into the clouds, and I'd love to fly, but not that high. 1h

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
ja20837
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

I prefer binaural beats and they work very well on me.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

I like rain storms the best and as far as times, one hour is great or 45 mins.

ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

1) Binaural Beats. I find them to be more hypnotic and relaxing. Also, Isochronic tones can't entrain below 4Hz.
2) it would depend on the meditation, but I suppose I would choose nature if pressed. Sounds like rainfall,leaves in the wind, rivers,walking on gravel or a clock ticking.
3) I do t really care about that too much
4) 30 minutes seems good. I'm too impatient to meditate for an hour, so that's about the span of my meditations in length
5)crown to root. I feel you need a strong base for the rest to grow healthily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.

Return to “Meditation”