The first 30 days...

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

Hi all --
I've been reading the Encylopedia this evening and came across the aritcle in the How to collect section. http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... start.html . The last paragraph relates to the first 30 days when you bring home a new entity.

Okay- so here's the deal. I always thought that your spirit had to be with you or around you 24/7 for the first 30 days but the article says that you only have to spend 15 minutes everyday with the spirit then keep it no more than five feet away from your bed at night.

Is this true? I mean -- not that I believe that Magnolia's fibbing -- but can it really ONLY be 15 minutes a day?? :? Can someone just re-inforce that for me???

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

As far as I believe, you don't have to spend 24/7 with ur spirits.

I think more the better, but not 24/7 for sure.

What I do is to take a spirit out or set all others aside and soend just with that spirit when they first come to my house. Usually go out for cafe, but sometimes I go out for park, just stay home and speak... depends on what the spirit likes to do. This way, I can get to know more about that particular spirit more. And after that, I spend about the same amount of time with each spirits. But again, it depends on the spirits needs. Some needs more attention than others.

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

Ironwood
new here
new here

It is suggested you spend at least 15 minutes a day with them for the first 30 days they are with you and keep their vessels near you at night, preferably no more than 1-5 feet away from your bed.
Note that it says at least 15 minutes, so we can probably infer that more would be better, but if you really can't keep the vessel with you, then find at least 15 minutes per day. So to me it sounds like it's not that 15 minutes is the maximum amount of time you should spend, but it's more of a bare minimum.

mane79nll
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Regarding the 24/7 thing.....I don't believe we need to have the new vessel with us for such a long time. Certain entities can be very overwhelming....you could have headache, dizziness..etc if you wear them for a long period.

The most important thing is how you spend time with the entity. you might have only 15 min...but if you spend meaningful time..it is worthwhile. Sometimes, I have the vessel 24/7 with me but I hardly communicate with it...

We can talk, meditate, go for a stroll..etc

For lifting an autumn down is not considered great strength, seeing the sun and the moon is not considered a sign of sharp vision, hearing thunder is not considered a sign of sensitive hearing
6dogs4us
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Yes 15 minutes of meditation and speaking with your spirit. I would rather speak off and on all day and night than just 15 minutes of meditation per day. I also want to wear the spirit to be sure energies are swapped to the fullest extent and bonding will also be to the fullest extent. I want them to know that I care about them and appreciate their presence in my life.

Return to “Connecting”