how should I work with my spelled bindings?

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I tend to not sleep well. Sometimes my cats wake me up or I get Restless Legs Syndrome, and I'll lay there tossing and turning with "jimmy legs" for hours.
So occasionally I'll open my eyes and look around in the darkness out of curiosity, hoping to see or hear something. I'll send out a telepathic "hello anyone there?" or I'll say "hey can someone entertain my cat" or "can someone massage my legs?"
Sometimes I'll try to go to bed with a certain subject or spirit on my mind, try to do a little meditating before I sleep and hope for dreams.
So far nothing has happened.
Early this morning, during another restless period of no sleep, I reminded myself that I keep forgetting to bring my spelled vessels into the bedroom. Some instructions say you can work with them during sleep, but some don't specify that at all. I thought just having them a few rooms over was enough.
At times I have gotten them all out, re-read through my papers, activated or re-activated code words, etc. When doing divination I put out bunches of them on the table with me. Maybe I am not zeroing in on my focus? I thought they were all going to be complimentary, balancing each other out for whatever resonates best with me.
I wondered if I should go through my papers, find the spelled items that have vessels, pick one and wear it for the day then put it by my bed at night. Then the next day pick another and do the same, until I gradually have them all by my bedside to see what effects they have.
What do you think?

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
jyducas
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

I wanna know, too.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm that's difficult. Maybe step back for a week, a month, and so on from all magick-/spirit-related?
Inform your spirits about this and the reason for it as well. When already feel cleansed, start one by one, each for a week or so.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I noticed in the "Magick Made Easy" thread which had been bumped up recently, that CH suggests sleeping with one vessel at a time for two weeks.

What about the things which are bound to spirit though? I guess they work intuitively unless I happen to remember the name of it and focus on it.

I just thought that buying these enchantments was, well not a short cut, but a boost. That's the way many of them are described, as a boost to your abilities.
You don't buy a vacuum cleaner and meditate on it for a month before you can use it on your carpet.
I expected these things to work as described right out of the package. Well I mean I thought that as I studied them and worked with them and continued to learn and practice, that something would've happened by now.

The sleeping with it idea though is supposed to help break through any conscious mind barriers so I should try that.

Pat
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: All in my Keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: My best Self.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Aleris
Zodiac:

I am having similar difficulties and I mention it so that you don't feel you are the only one. I have read the same information that every person is intuitive to some extent and that the vessels work intuitively. Are there people who are not intuitive at all? I don't know.
Definition:
using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
"I had an intuitive conviction that there was something unsound in him"
synonyms: instinctive, instinctual;
I have no doubt that many people have these extra or extended abilities. I believe Creepy Hollow is above reproach in their product and in their interactions with people. I am not leaving the forum. But, I am disappointed that many of the pieces I have bought are not working for me. I hope that I may return to this post at some time in the future and say differently.

Keep: Encantado (L), Trio of Angels (MAJ), AA Michael, Unicorn (A), Glass Bell Seraph (Z), Khodam (R), Gold Dragon (C), Star Fairy (U), Arkan Sonney (L), Duojna, Female Marid Elder Jinn (M)

"I don't know where I'm going but, I'm on my way" - Carl Sagan
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mmm for the sleeping with it, I usually intent the others to stay low, and invoke/call upon the one I want to be active.

The vacuum cleaner analogy is a good one. However, in here the meditation is more like reading the manual. The problem is, if the manual is in the language you don't understand, like Aramaic, then we can spend hours reading it yet still cant operate the vacuum cleaner:P

And so, several ways to learn the language of the manual is by learning energy work or magick:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Pat wrote:I am having similar difficulties and I mention it so that you don't feel you are the only one. I have read the same information that every person is intuitive to some extent and that the vessels work intuitively. Are there people who are not intuitive at all? I don't know.
Definition:
using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
"I had an intuitive conviction that there was something unsound in him"
synonyms: instinctive, instinctual;
I have no doubt that many people have these extra or extended abilities. I believe Creepy Hollow is above reproach in their product and in their interactions with people. I am not leaving the forum. But, I am disappointed that many of the pieces I have bought are not working for me. I hope that I may return to this post at some time in the future and say differently.
Thanks for the support. I hope we can both come back with progress updates in the future.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

darkwing wrote:Mmm for the sleeping with it, I usually intent the others to stay low, and invoke/call upon the one I want to be active.

The vacuum cleaner analogy is a good one. However, in here the meditation is more like reading the manual. The problem is, if the manual is in the language you don't understand, like Aramaic, then we can spend hours reading it yet still cant operate the vacuum cleaner:P

And so, several ways to learn the language of the manual is by learning energy work or magick:)
That's a good point. ^_^

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Bumping this, since I can't send in a ticket to ask.
I was wondering how to work with my bindings? Why can't I get them to work? Any suggestions?
As said before, I've tried meditation and focus, working with one (or a few complimentary ones) at a time, activate code words, etc.
I know that many are meant to work on an ongoing basis for support and enhancement, but there are particular bindings that imply a more "immediate" effect - Nightplay, Nightstalker, Apport, Phantasmagoria, Once Bitten Never Shy, The White Darkness, etc.
I can't figure out what I'm missing. I can't believe that absolutely nothing does what it says. I figured by now all the energies/magick of the infusions, enchantments, rituals, and services would be working together, plus my spirits' help.
I was hoping the more "immediate" of results would lead to breakthroughs with everything else.
Am I mis-reading the items' descriptions? Am I misunderstanding? Even the positive reviews indicate something happens upon use ... I'm so confused.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Maybe there are too many things, so they do the opposite effect? Such as shining a dark room with lamp, but if the lamp is super strong, the light will be white-blinding. Or if there are too many colors of the lamps, the lights will be confusing, e.g. in the nightclub. Or other possibilities...

How about taking personal ongoing consultation/mentorship from one of the experts? Something like Trainer Service or Apprenticeship from PHS, or similar services from other experts if available? Therefore, rather than one time service, it's two-way so that you can give feedback to them and they can advice you directly. This way, both parties can monitor the progress or blockage.

Return to “General Questions”