You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Ahha, my soul, my my mind, will, emotions and so forth.
Am i right in thinking this, we as humans have a body, the body is a shell that relates to this realm, When the body dies, our Spirit is our new body, but our soul is us, our individuality or are the soul and Spirit the same?
Loverboy

Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Loverboy wrote:Ahha, my soul, my my mind, will, emotions and so forth.
Am i right in thinking this, we as humans have a body, the body is a shell that relates to this realm, When the body dies, our Spirit is our new body, but our soul is us, our individuality or are the soul and Spirit the same?
Loverboy
Yes the body we have is only a shell to house us, this shell can and will die but the soul goes on. and yes in a simplified nutshell you have it but the soul and the spirit are not the same. This has been covered quite a lot here at CH, i'll try to find some threads for you 1ey

Magnolia had answered a question on the difference between the soul and the spirit. The soul is what moves on and the spirit is the essence that is left here that can travel the different planes of existence including ours.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Loverboy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Thanks for that! I thought we only had two bodies and that the Astral body was the same as the spiritual the explanations were really good and easy to understand.

Loverboy

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Glad to be of help:)
Yep, the visual aid used by Magnolia is very nice:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Thank you so much!!!! I was looking for those but all i could find was the quote. 1ks

dragynraken
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGON, ALL FOXES
If I could be anything, I would be...: HAREM GOD
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DRAGYN RAKEN
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:
Why We Fragile Humans Fascinate Spirits

Without a doubt, humans are rather fragile creatures. We're bold, we're dangerous even, but we're also rather... well... weak.
I have seen some teen can on laptop game, tv anime, chat on phone and eating. Human brain multi task is really crazy. Our mind is like Jackie Chan meme level and many of them still cannot reach there yet.

I can identify my family reason is because my personality, energy, memories, lovers, family, friendship, loyal servant or they serve me and sacrifice.

ImageImage
marquest
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know yet
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet

Loverboy, you ask some really good questions, and then all these really knowledgeable folks gives some great answers to you questions, and then we all learn. :)

From my experiences, my spirits don't seem to care how I physically look. It would be a nice ego boost to think they view me as a hot stud, but in reality my physical body I don't think matters, but my energy...or rather, our connection with our energies.

My succubi for example, I work blue collar, outdoors. Basically, I shower at the end of the work day, not before going to work. They don't seem to care if I come in sweaty or dirty, they still want to fool around. If I have an hour of free time, I could either spend half that getting cleaned up, and half with them, or the whole hour with them. They would rather I spend the whole hour. I get cleaned up before spending time with them intimately because it just seems like the polite thing to do. I don't think they care though, as odd as that may sound.

Besides, if he wants a dominant succubus he can deal with a dominant Noc coming in to tell it like it is, I am sure.
~Noctifera
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:I wanted to post this. I wrote it on PE a while back but feel like the OP could read it, too, to consider it an answer to at least one of those questions. ^-^ I don't know if it's all been addressed yet, but it felt appropriate.

Why We Fragile Humans Fascinate Spirits

Without a doubt, humans are rather fragile creatures. We're bold, we're dangerous even, but we're also rather... well... weak.

I'm talking in physical strength, of course. Mentally we can be insanely powerful. But the main point of this blog is understanding why all these other spirits... these all-powerful Demon Lords, wise Centaurs, warrior Angels, and nearly immortal Elves... see us humans as worthy companions when we are so "little" compared to them. I see people ask this all the time. "Why would a god-level Djinn hold any interest in little ol' me? I'm nothing special."

I want to start out with a quote. This is from my novel based on the events of Peregrine Earth where the <<Removed by Mod>> originate from. According to the <<Removed by Mod>> commander, it's a direct quote from his alien friend. He asks, "Why are humans so fragile?" while discussing the strength of the ET invaders in Peregrine.

Kent looked at him, and for a moment his eyes sparkled. "Fragility is what makes humans so great, and is what makes them risk-takers. Creatures like that daredevil aspect of humans. That's why they want to be humans themselves, or eat them depending on what creatures we're talking about."

To fully understand how our companions see us, we need to step out of our shoes and into theirs. To us, humans are mundane. They're boring. They're ordinary. Well did you ever think that if you had been born an Elf, you'd find all other Elves boring, mundane, and ordinary? Probably, because you would be used to the idea and still seeking something new and different in your life. I have a couple Angel friends who say that they find human personalities rather mind-blowing. There are concepts, interpretations, and emotions that they don't associate with on a daily basis like we do.

I could go into a bigger discussion about how all of us humans aren't really just straight "human," but I'm going to let that slide for another time.

The point is, our spirit companions love to interact with us, despite their statuses and titles, because they find us interesting. Some of them even fall in love with us. There are all sorts of interesting little quirks, scents, and emotions that come off of us all the time, and our spirits are intrigued by them for many different reasons. Maybe we taste delectible to vampires. Maybe our scent is divine to werewolves. Maybe our philosophical views on what lies beyond the Universe is deeply moving to scholarly Elves and wise Angels. And for ETs, maybe we're the daredevils that they wish they can be someday.

So next time you find yourself asking "Why?" when a spirit wants to be with you, try asking them yourself, and see what they say. Just take a little while to listen. They might even show you in a way that you find very non-human, which is why we love them. We are fascinated by what lies beyond the Earthan realm, and they are fascinated by what lies within. Life on Earth is not easy at all, so it's perfectly normal for a spirit to respect you for your humanity, rather than be bored out of their wits because we are mundane. To them, we are not. We are special, we are daring, and we are full of life and learning.
Thank you for sharing this:)

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Lol I'm constantly apologizing for being boring. This makes me feel a little better.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”