acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Even in this internet age, Westerners don't typically get a lot of exposure to the Asian tradition. At the most we might pick up a little bit from anime and foreign movies.
I don't think anyone is intentionally ignoring it. I like hearing about it and appreciate you sharing it with us, Cairyos. But without knowing anyone personally to discuss it with, I would not know where to start.
Does it tend to be more of a personal, private thing? It seems that Western-style is all over the place, but I know some traditions/cultures tend to be more secretive.
I know myself, I am still looking for my path, and have studied various things. Mostly Kemetic though, now I look towards my European heritage. I can only take in so much information, but heck I have been learning a lot (mostly through this forum) about chakras, reiki, etc. I will be the first to admit honestly that I don't know much about tantra.
There is so much PC-ness now about "cultural appropriation," perhaps some people are hesitant to go hogwild in another country's tradition, especially without a mentor.
But as been pointed out, even by yourself, there are several various cultural beliefs about human/god coupling. If Neko's mother practiced black magick, did she even know about tantra?

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Political Correctness should be flush down the toilet. Its Period is done. It started out in the late 1960s and 1970s as an attitude to be kinder, more knowledgeable, very creative and inventive...but it was taken over by "soccermoms, and men and women who spend every day at the Gym.

The answer to your last question is..."Obviously "No" but it is an example of how we can totally understand soimething, herewith, that everyone else was guessing at..

Here is something else, One big "Sin" of my Generation....Smoking...in the last 2 years 12 people of great knowledge and brilliance have died. Further, they and myself knew the last of the Crowley group, The Golden Dawn, the great astrologers, the last of the Great Tibetan Lamas and Hindu "gurus" (the real ones, as far as I know there are only two left, 2 women).

The info that is still available, is relatively large, but I have seen little interest in any of this. Why? Because most people who want information of any kind, are slowley crippling their thumbs in order to get instant information, and most of it is childish interpretation or is toally wrong, or totally still ununderstood.

The majority (yes their are many good people in the minority) of the current "Generation" are basically bigotted, slightly cruel, idiots, who only are interested in power, money, & breeding. I can only hope that the next generation can be and will be emotionally and intellectual "literate", and working with idea other than how they can be worshipped through electronics that will then make them a Great Public Person....I can only wish, without any hope, for going to Mars - now that would be fun.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Very off topic, sorry:(
One reason why Asian-based magick is not that popular is because they're highly related to religious practices, and many people, even those in Asia, tend to avoid such thing. Maybe because the religious leaders forbid such practice, or because they're "freed" from religions so that they don't want to touch religious-related topics.
This is unlike some of Western-based magick, which may not related to religious practices too much, e.g. anyone can call angels for protection etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Sionnach
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
Zodiac:

Caiyros, I'm not really seeing where these leaps are coming from. You have hid yourself behind the shield of "political correctness is a toxin" before to excuse being less than friendly to people on this forum. And attacking the 'current generation' doesn't give you power over anyone else. Honestly this all just sounds like a hissyfit because someone challenged your rude tone and polarized statement.

And I am in agreement with darkwing. Many eastern magic practices are tied with religion. And while the frantic fears or cultural appropriation can be a bit over the top, it's still something that needs to be respected. Closed religions and Faiths still exist. People need to be aware of that when looking into certain paths (ie Native American clans, Mayan, some eastern spirituality, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Here in the Southeast, there is not a big Asian presence that I know of. I can't even think of very many that I've met personally. I was lucky to meet some Hindus at a former job, who shared their delicious food and the celebration of Diwali. Otherwise, it's a bunch of Bible-thumpers, Muslims, Latinos (Catholics I guess?), and some under-the-radar witches and Wiccans. And of course the First Nations peoples. Unfortunately I haven't met any of them either.
I wasn't sure if Asian-magick was like martial arts, whereas they didn't want to share it with the West initially.
Of course you know that despite all the Christians, Europe and America has a big influence from Ancient Greece, Rome, Britain, Ireland and Scotland. Our seasons, holidays, and entertainment are all wrapped up in it. Like growing up, I don't remember hearing about Chinese New Year like I do now. And again most of us only know martial arts movies and anime, but the New Age movement has been bringing in reiki, chakras, feng shui and all that. Tantra has such a sexual side that prudish America sort of keeps hush hush so I don't think many are as aware of it. I mean heck Christians complained about the yoga trend, thinking it was religious worship! I'm sure you know all that.
It seems to be trickling in, but many of us don't have Asian friends, co-workers, or mentors to help us understand, besides those here on the forum who help us with things.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Very off topic, sorry:(
One reason why Asian-based magick is not that popular is because they're highly related to religious practices, and many people, even those in Asia, tend to avoid such thing. Maybe because the religious leaders forbid such practice, or because they're "freed" from religions so that they don't want to touch religious-related topics.
This is unlike some of Western-based magick, which may not related to religious practices too much, e.g. anyone can call angels for protection etc.
You are completely wrong about this, the mystical groups (Tibetan Buddhists and Bonpo & Hindu Tantra are not religions as in the western world, the Tibetans have sexual rituals, and so does Hindu Tantric realm...some do and some don't work with physical sex, but none of these groups have a giant structure of "Forbidden" like the West and Middle East have done. What is strict are things like the following: If you are late to a learning session, you may have to wait until the teaching is again being given. And the teaching can work for a few hours up to a series of "classes" that can take up to 5 consecutive days, and so on. Teachers have to be completely respected, a show of disrespect, and there will either be a warning or the person in question will be thrown out forever. The Asian attitude is the same in martial arts. Why? 1.) Politeness in Asia, hasn't been thrown under the bus, the way it has been in America and to a lesser degree in Europe. 2.) If while learning , you start to "go off onm your own, whether with the teacher(s) or in some personal place, you are liabel to have everything colapse on yourself.

Too often, people want to just "steal the ice cream in a grocery store" - then they don't have to pay, and don't have to work.....

Many different groups of mysticism requires training, all the adept people here have all gone through very serious training, and the training can be done/acquired/learned in many, many different ways, but I assure you these people (and I would put Mags & Ash at the top) - ALL - had to - have to - do some real study - do some real work - ask some real questions - and so on...

So what could be happening here is a Renaissance

OR
SO what is happening here is a dingy place with a lot of names, and a lot of cell phones, and a warm feeling that all is well in ignorance defeated by cell phones, when in fact, that is just skimming the jar to look good, to other people doing exactly the same thing, and thus the long winding road of true adventure high use of knowledge, invention, and some really amazinglifes that could be lead - are dead.

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I'm sorry is it me or has this thread gone completely off topic :/ anyways I do want to know why your mom did say that, I heard a lot of stories from other people having children with other beings and have them brought into the physical. I mean obviously a lot of people have because the majority of people have some type of other inhuman species within them I know how hard it could to get the blood reading as it's very expensive but there is also Magickal Menagerie that gives a bloodline reading for less perhaps you can save up for it :D

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I didn't mean to put the angry face......

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Cka75
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Awesome. Always.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Pretty awesome....

Are you seeking guidance here? Or do you just expect someone to know this? Or, are you asking if it is possible?

Dear haters,
I couldn't help but notice that "awesome" ends with "me" and "ugly" begins with "u." I think I'll keep on being awesome.
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

Alikat13 wrote:I'm sorry is it me or has this thread gone completely off topic :/ anyways I do want to know why your mom did say that, I heard a lot of stories from other people having children with other beings and have them brought into the physical. I mean obviously a lot of people have because the majority of people have some type of other inhuman species within them I know how hard it could to get the blood reading as it's very expensive but there is also Magickal Menagerie that gives a bloodline reading for less perhaps you can save up for it :D

It doesn't matter anymore if I want to know I can just summon him, and I can always do an in your blood reading but I am who I am. So I guess who my father is doesn't matter, if he wants me to know he'll tell me someday.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”