sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
Noctifera wrote:In my own interpretation of things, confronting and embracing the shadow definitely include fighting for it.

However fighting against it definitely isn't the best approach unless you understand what you are dealing with and why you would need to.. even then I would call it more a matter of taking back your control.
Usually when you understand what you are dealing with a need to fight it becomes irrelevant. Those things which would genuinely not be in your best interest to manifest from the Shadow, aren't likely to manifest once the Self is in agreement with the Shadow. So you're coming to terms, essentially, in best cases.
So for example Tsu fought out from the inside until he could understand it's feelings, to understand what it truly was then he made an agreement with it forming from it was "shadow" a demon. They never killed innocence, they took it all out on those that were killing others in order to protect everyone. They genuinely worked in unison because they were and are one and the same person just two different parts, shadow was the part who turned from hatred he killed without any remorse which tsubasa had learned to do from him. Don't show weakness against the enemy but show understanding to the innocents whom you Serve to protect, show empathy for those who are hurting but not for those with ill will intent on using it to their advantage... That's how their relationship seemed to be but I know their bond was much much deeper than just that

Am I correct to assume it may be like that? I'll show it I'm the one who's the boss , just like he did just like neko himself did. They both faced it, though their results were different but now it's my turn to do the same
Noctifera wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
Okay once I figure out how I'll confront it,

There is no figuring out how.. that's the thing, this isn't like coming up against an assailant. It's a spiritual journey. As far as I can tell you are no longer in a place of deciding to undergo this, it's already happening - the Shadow is confronting you, hence your issue with it is coming to the surface. So the next step would be to recognize that.

With conscious recognition that Shadow confrontation is *presently* happening, you will begin to see progress unfold, I believe.
So it's time to confront it for good this time
Is Tsu the protagonist in a book or movie?

You might find a book interesting that I know Caiyros has recommended at least once, The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. I read that one in college, and then later I read it again on my own.

The short, short, short version is that the book points out the elements in common with stories across centuries and cultures, right up until the present day. In a nutshell, The Hero has to venture into The Underworld and bring back The Solution for his people. The Hero is the protagonist of the story. The Underworld can either be a literal place or a figurative one (or even his own internal battleground). The Solution is whatever things and/or lessons he comes back with, after doing battle in said Underworld for the right to gain access to or possession of said Solution.

In short, if Tsu is a fictional character, his battle is HIS battle. You are not a fictional character, so you need not plot out the possibilities of your life as though you are one. There's not going to be a One Big Battle Between Light and Dark for eternal possession of your real self. You're going to have good days, bad days, everything in between, all day, every day. Set your own moral compass so that you are aware of where, exactly, you have fixed the "uncrossable lines" into levels of wrongdoing that you find unacceptable. This is a process that everyone must undertake for themselves. No one else can set your moral compass for you. And your own "uncrossable lines" are not going to be the same as someone else's. Which means that your mother, grandmother, etc. aren't going to have the same moral compass as you (or as one another), so their version of "dark vs. light" might be an entirely different thing from how you perceive it. They might be horrified at something you find normal, and they might be willing to partake in something that you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

Which translates into "if you don't think the others in your life are going to respect or approve of your path, it's time to keep your own personal path to yourself around them."

But seriously... if your path includes incense and candles, no matter how soothing they are to you, there are other ways of attaining that peacefulness without leaving fires going during your sleep time. I don't want to see a thread on here someday that you and your family have been burned out of house and home, or (God forbid) anything even worse.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:This is coming all the way back to something you realized in a Vent post weeks ago and I advised you to go with. That something is called the Shadow, and you must confront, then reconcile it.

As far as our duality, as human beings we are dual creatures and as already suggested - you need to learn to embrace that. Fighting it has the reverse effect in this case.

This kinda reminds me of the movie***The sixths sense*** when the child was fearful of the deceased,only to afterwards face them and see they weren't so scary after all.

Sometimes we need to embrace,our fears,to not let them consume us.
Often we fear the unknown ,but when we face them and uncover what they were ,the better understanding of them paves ways to being able to handle them and even embrace them,coming out stronger and ready to face the next challenge ahead.

Like the major Arcana card ***the fool***sometimes we have to move forward into the unknown and unexpected,it's needed for our growth.

Trust your instincts,only you can know what is right for you and if your ready to tackle what possibly lies ahead.

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
Noctifera wrote:In my own interpretation of things, confronting and embracing the shadow definitely include fighting for it.

However fighting against it definitely isn't the best approach unless you understand what you are dealing with and why you would need to.. even then I would call it more a matter of taking back your control.
Usually when you understand what you are dealing with a need to fight it becomes irrelevant. Those things which would genuinely not be in your best interest to manifest from the Shadow, aren't likely to manifest once the Self is in agreement with the Shadow. So you're coming to terms, essentially, in best cases.
So for example Tsu fought out from the inside until he could understand it's feelings, to understand what it truly was then he made an agreement with it forming from it was "shadow" a demon. They never killed innocence, they took it all out on those that were killing others in order to protect everyone. They genuinely worked in unison because they were and are one and the same person just two different parts, shadow was the part who turned from hatred he killed without any remorse which tsubasa had learned to do from him. Don't show weakness against the enemy but show understanding to the innocents whom you Serve to protect, show empathy for those who are hurting but not for those with ill will intent on using it to their advantage... That's how their relationship seemed to be but I know their bond was much much deeper than just that

Am I correct to assume it may be like that? I'll show it I'm the one who's the boss , just like he did just like neko himself did. They both faced it, though their results were different but now it's my turn to do the same
Noctifera wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
Okay once I figure out how I'll confront it,

There is no figuring out how.. that's the thing, this isn't like coming up against an assailant. It's a spiritual journey. As far as I can tell you are no longer in a place of deciding to undergo this, it's already happening - the Shadow is confronting you, hence your issue with it is coming to the surface. So the next step would be to recognize that.

With conscious recognition that Shadow confrontation is *presently* happening, you will begin to see progress unfold, I believe.
So it's time to confront it for good this time
Is Tsu the protagonist in a book or movie?

You might find a book interesting that I know Caiyros has recommended at least once, The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. I read that one in college, and then later I read it again on my own.

The short, short, short version is that the book points out the elements in common with stories across centuries and cultures, right up until the present day. In a nutshell, The Hero has to venture into The Underworld and bring back The Solution for his people. The Hero is the protagonist of the story. The Underworld can either be a literal place or a figurative one (or even his own internal battleground). The Solution is whatever things and/or lessons he comes back with, after doing battle in said Underworld for the right to gain access to or possession of said Solution.

In short, if Tsu is a fictional character, his battle is HIS battle. You are not a fictional character, so you need not plot out the possibilities of your life as though you are one. There's not going to be a One Big Battle Between Light and Dark for eternal possession of your real self. You're going to have good days, bad days, everything in between, all day, every day. Set your own moral compass so that you are aware of where, exactly, you have fixed the "uncrossable lines" into levels of wrongdoing that you find unacceptable. This is a process that everyone must undertake for themselves. No one else can set your moral compass for you. And your own "uncrossable lines" are not going to be the same as someone else's. Which means that your mother, grandmother, etc. aren't going to have the same moral compass as you (or as one another), so their version of "dark vs. light" might be an entirely different thing from how you perceive it. They might be horrified at something you find normal, and they might be willing to partake in something that you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

Which translates into "if you don't think the others in your life are going to respect or approve of your path, it's time to keep your own personal path to yourself around them."

But seriously... if your path includes incense and candles, no matter how soothing they are to you, there are other ways of attaining that peacefulness without leaving fires going during your sleep time. I don't want to see a thread on here someday that you and your family have been burned out of house and home, or (God forbid) anything even worse.
Tsu is one of my past lives, he's not fictional but j know what you're saying
4bluefaeries wrote:
Noctifera wrote:This is coming all the way back to something you realized in a Vent post weeks ago and I advised you to go with. That something is called the Shadow, and you must confront, then reconcile it.

As far as our duality, as human beings we are dual creatures and as already suggested - you need to learn to embrace that. Fighting it has the reverse effect in this case.

This kinda reminds me of the movie***The sixths sense*** when the child was fearful of the deceased,only to afterwards face them and see they weren't so scary after all.

Sometimes we need to embrace,our fears,to not let them consume us.
Often we fear the unknown ,but when we face them and uncover what they were ,the better understanding of them paves ways to being able to handle them and even embrace them,coming out stronger and ready to face the next challenge ahead.

Like the major Arcana card ***the fool***sometimes we have to move forward into the unknown and unexpected,it's needed for our growth.

Trust your instincts,only you can know what is right for you and if your ready to tackle what possibly lies ahead.
Arcana the fool, is the card yuu from persona got if I'm not mistaken? Or something similar in persona, he's a game character but there's a lot to learn from it I've seen the animation. It's very interesting and has it's own take on your shadow self

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”