venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

So, this is going to be a longer post. (Don't worry, I formatted it)

So for those people who don't have much time, here are my questions/overview:

#1 What are some methods to clean up spells and/or spirit bindings?

#2 Would you like to share some methods of grounding oneself, and finding a way to "ground" myself, with me? Feedback is appreciated :)

#3 If you want to, please share how you communicate with your spirits, as I would like to hear how it goes, just out of curiosity.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your reply. :D

- - - - -

And now for the full length post:

I have been contemplating some things, and since my shared experiences have been quiet, I'll see if I can talk about other things for people. :)

Firstly, I'm looking at some threads, and I had found people that talk about their bindings becoming "dense" or "foggy" and they "clean" them, and they become a lot clearer, and easier to use.

So, refer to question #1 above.

Secondly, beyond the blocks I have, which I know I have been told I have many,

(and why I ordered a blockage buster, which I assume I will need to keep nearby to help assist me, until the blocks are reduced or removed. And yes I know I can do it myself, but the spell will make it easier I hope)

I have been told that I need to ground myself. I have done some research on here, but I seem to have difficulty finding anything.

So whether it be simply linking me to a thread, or giving your own advice, I would love to hear your feedback. :)
Refer to question #2 above.

And finally, I have been using telepathy to talk with the spirits that are bound to me, and just recently acquired a pendulum, which has helped greatly in confirming what I am hearing in my head, as well as making it easier for them to talk to me.

Refer to question #3

And so, after all that, I'll be sharing here, whenever I can (thank goodness school is out, I'll have more time for spirit keeping ^_^ ) and I want to thank you for taking the time to read through that, I look forward to hearing feedback, take care! :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

For grounding, anything that has to do with the earth ... and there's also a tree meditation. I went to look it up for copy-paste and there are actually quite a few results when doing a search for "grounding techniques"! So there's too much for me to list succinctly lol.

There's a good communication technique in the Servitor subforum, "get to know your servitor firsthand" I think is the title, it applies to more than just servitors though! ;P
You will probably get a wide variety of answers for what individuals do, but I think it boils down to: telepathy, meditation, dreaming, astral projection, and divination.

Cleansing, hm ... I think some might use crystals, sunlight or moonlight, salt, or incense smoke.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:For grounding, anything that has to do with the earth ... and there's also a tree meditation. I went to look it up for copy-paste and there are actually quite a few results when doing a search for "grounding techniques"! So there's too much for me to list succinctly lol.

There's a good communication technique in the Servitor subforum, "get to know your servitor firsthand" I think is the title, it applies to more than just servitors though! ;P
You will probably get a wide variety of answers for what individuals do, but I think it boils down to: telepathy, meditation, dreaming, astral projection, and divination.

Cleansing, hm ... I think some might use crystals, sunlight or moonlight, salt, or incense smoke.
Yep, I have heard of/saw someone explain the tree meditation, more so to do with creating your first spell (I say "your" non-specifically) and will indeed keep it in mind, and try it out when I can. :)

Hmm, I will try again to search "grounding techniques", thank you. :)

Lol, I saw that thread, but as you said, it's for servitors, but I will keep that in mind.

Hmm, well, I will try my best,
So far it's been pretty good, just looking to hear what others say. ^_^

Crystals? What do you mean? :)

And okay, I don't have any incense (and my mom might tell me off, as then we would have to air out the house hahahahah) but the sunlight and moonlight thing I have heard of, I didn't realize it could be done to clean it as well as recharge it though.

Thank you Lokakisa! *happy dance*

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
fawnwings
new here
new here

lol, And I post again! And this time, my turn to write alot. XD

1. I tend to "clean up" myself before looking to any spells or vessels. *shrugs* Usually blame it on self-infliction if I have any issues with feeling spells or spirits. If I DO think it has to do with the... object or veil or whatever, I'll try some cleansing methods. For the house, I smudge. For objects, I usually wash 'em and put things away properly- maybe change it up. Usually doesn't need anything beyond that. Or just kind of get over it. If I can't feel 'em, maybe they're not around currently and are off doing something. X) Not an issue to "clean".

2. I'm big on visualization, so for grounding I like to picture memories of being at the beach. Feet in the water, sinking into the sand, waves gently lapping past me (slight tug in either direction). Then I move to the next step of the general "earth" grounding technique (posted/referenced in multiple places on this forum) where I imagine roots "growing" and reaching from my feet into the ground, to the Earth's core. Hands out and relaxed, feeling the air around me. Sun above, warming my hair and crown.
Could apply to any memory where I felt peaceful and connected to the world, too, though. The beach/ocean is just my favorite place to be, so I use it quite a bit. I've seen it, too, where it's suggested after magic work to go eat something. Kind of like in Spirited Away, to make sure the main character didn't "disappear". Settles you into a neutral zone.

3. As for communication... still a work in progress. I used to use Tarot quite a bit (since it feels more "tangible"), but these days just rely on telepathy (less energy and routine).
The main thing I've worked on is relaxing (like a mental muscle) and also on recognizing/acknowledging when I've "walled" myself in (usually out of stress or fears). Otherwise, I just let the thoughts and images float inside without filtering or dismissing any of it. Personally, I have to take everything or nothing at all. It then starts to feel like a conversation within my head... the thought/image, then my response, another thought, and so forth. I'm no where close as to be able to confidently assert the differences between them (at least, to someone outside the group), but there's -some- sort of "feeling" of each individual.
Also, they use music (or more specifically, one of them). And my favorite and oldest means is to look at my dreams. Those are more one-sided and messy, but it's still a form of communication to me (kind of like receiving a letter). lol, Even if it's just coincidence or self-prompted, it still feels nifty.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Firstly want to apologize, I so totally missed this reply, I am now replying! :)
fawnwings wrote:lol, And I post again! And this time, my turn to write alot. XD
Haha, no worries, it be appreciated ;) (#badgrammar)
fawnwings wrote:1. I tend to "clean up" myself before looking to any spells or vessels. *shrugs* Usually blame it on self-infliction if I have any issues with feeling spells or spirits. If I DO think it has to do with the... object or veil or whatever, I'll try some cleansing methods. For the house, I smudge. For objects, I usually wash 'em and put things away properly- maybe change it up. Usually doesn't need anything beyond that. Or just kind of get over it. If I can't feel 'em, maybe they're not around currently and are off doing something. X) Not an issue to "clean".
Hmm, indeed, I try to clean/clear myself, as a lot of blocks are me, I have found.

I more meant if they were getting drained, or "dirty" as my mom puts it, from being around different energies. I have heard that sunlight or moonlight works though. ^_^ Seems to work for my pendulum, so I'll assume it does haha

Lucky I learned about smudging haha, although I cannot :p Would set off the fire alarm lmao. And I don't have the stuff needed. But thank you!

Overall, sound advice, thank you once again, it is appreciated, and so far been working great between me and the binding I do have currently :D
fawnwings wrote:2. I'm big on visualization, so for grounding I like to picture memories of being at the beach. Feet in the water, sinking into the sand, waves gently lapping past me (slight tug in either direction). Then I move to the next step of the general "earth" grounding technique (posted/referenced in multiple places on this forum) where I imagine roots "growing" and reaching from my feet into the ground, to the Earth's core. Hands out and relaxed, feeling the air around me. Sun above, warming my hair and crown.
Could apply to any memory where I felt peaceful and connected to the world, too, though. The beach/ocean is just my favorite place to be, so I use it quite a bit. I've seen it, too, where it's suggested after magic work to go eat something. Kind of like in Spirited Away, to make sure the main character didn't "disappear". Settles you into a neutral zone.
Ahh, yeah I have a large imagination too, I will see if I can put it to work, and visualize them with me perhaps, or, for grounding, to do what you suggested, and visualize myself, using the 5 senses, to calm and clear my head. :) The earth grounding technique seems to be pretty solid, so I will go with that. ^_^ The one time I partly did it, it sure felt weird haha. Thank you!

And alright, I will keep that in mind. If I can grab a snack I indeed will. :lol:
fawnwings wrote:3. As for communication... still a work in progress. I used to use Tarot quite a bit (since it feels more "tangible"), but these days just rely on telepathy (less energy and routine).
The main thing I've worked on is relaxing (like a mental muscle) and also on recognizing/acknowledging when I've "walled" myself in (usually out of stress or fears). Otherwise, I just let the thoughts and images float inside without filtering or dismissing any of it. Personally, I have to take everything or nothing at all. It then starts to feel like a conversation within my head... the thought/image, then my response, another thought, and so forth. I'm no where close as to be able to confidently assert the differences between them (at least, to someone outside the group), but there's -some- sort of "feeling" of each individual.
Also, they use music (or more specifically, one of them). And my favorite and oldest means is to look at my dreams. Those are more one-sided and messy, but it's still a form of communication to me (kind of like receiving a letter). lol, Even if it's just coincidence or self-prompted, it still feels nifty.
Hmm, thank you for your feedback, that is indeed interesting ways, and very helpful. So far it is just a pendulum and the telepathy, but it's been working. :D

And indeed, the self doubts and the fears have been my main blockage, something I hope to remove, been taking time, but I am working on it, and will eventually improve I hope. ^_^

The cards, of the "odds of chance" 25% stuff,
Due to my anxiety over it that floats to the surface when I do it (unless I am really really relaxed, which then I get it correct) it stays at the 25%, which then worries me. Not good. XD I'm told that I should likely stay away from trying to confirm it, and just believe. Lol.

Cheers, and thank you for your input, it is appreciated a lot Fawnwings!

Great days and cheerful weather to ya. :)

Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi Darksbane! I dont know what you meant by cleansing, but there is a cleansing spell provided by CH to clean up residual energy from any object to prepare it for spell casting or spirits.
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... =Cleansing

Hope this helps! :)

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I generally use Reiki\light energy to cleanse stones/vessels. Other good methods are sunlight, sage smoke, and salt. With salt I usually place the item in a baggie with sea salt and leave it in there for 24 or more hours. Make sure salt won't damage the item beforehand.

Grounding has always been the hardest exercise for me. I use both visualization and energy movement to send extra energy into the earth. Or I go outside barefoot and touch a tree. Also, sometimes I will use a grounding stone (hemetite, Red jasper, Smokey quartz, black tourmaline) and syphon off the extra energy.

I communicate mostly through energy and dreams and just a sense of knowing. I do talk to them and I'm working on strengthening my visualization skills to create meeting places for communication. I need to work on learning to read emotional energy since I am empathetic, and telepathy. Though to be honest the last one does freak me out just a bit. I used to use tarot cards, but I stopped doing that for spirit communication after I misinterpreted something and freaked myself out. Now I just read for others, which has always worked better for me anyways.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dezire wrote:Hi Darksbane! I dont know what you meant by cleansing, but there is a cleansing spell provided by CH to clean up residual energy from any object to prepare it for spell casting or spirits.
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... =Cleansing

Hope this helps! :)
As in, you bring a vessel or spell stone into a noisy "chaotic" environment, and it's energy becomes cluttered. Or so I am told. :)

Thank you though, that link does look useful for other things! :D

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

doom_star898 wrote:I generally use Reiki\light energy to cleanse stones/vessels. Other good methods are sunlight, sage smoke, and salt. With salt I usually place the item in a baggie with sea salt and leave it in there for 24 or more hours. Make sure salt won't damage the item beforehand.
Hmmm interesting, if I can acquire sea salt that is a good idea. Well, I don't know if it would damage the vessels... 1e Maybe not lol.
Those are indeed good ideas, thank you! Seems everyone is using similar techniques, which makes it easier for me haha
doom_star898 wrote:Grounding has always been the hardest exercise for me. I use both visualization and energy movement to send extra energy into the earth. Or I go outside barefoot and touch a tree. Also, sometimes I will use a grounding stone (hemetite, Red jasper, Smokey quartz, black tourmaline) and syphon off the extra energy.
Touching trees, whenever I can, I do indeed. It's like how you exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide with trees, I feel that you exchange energies similarly.
Agreed, I have had the most difficulty with grounding. 1e
Hmmm a grounding stone you say? I'll have to look into that. :)
doom_star898 wrote:I communicate mostly through energy and dreams and just a sense of knowing. I do talk to them and I'm working on strengthening my visualization skills to create meeting places for communication. I need to work on learning to read emotional energy since I am empathetic, and telepathy. Though to be honest the last one does freak me out just a bit. I used to use tarot cards, but I stopped doing that for spirit communication after I misinterpreted something and freaked myself out. Now I just read for others, which has always worked better for me anyways.
Sounds interesting :)

Telepathy freaks you out? Oh, why? *headscratch*

Ahh, yeah I have heard of misinterpreting tarot cards. :( I hope you find a way you are comfortable with.

Thank you for sharing! <3 Cheers!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I've always been afraid of schizophrenia, and even though I know its not the same, the thought of not being the one in control of my thoughts does scare me some. It's a fear block I need to get over.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”