CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Language does program minds by default. That's literally its entire purpose. For example, if I said, "hey, did you just think about a hyena with purple polka dots riding a tandem bicycle with a particularly portly rhinocerous?" chances are you thought about it, at least briefly. That's why it's so hard to reprogram your mind by telling it "don't think about xyz"--you literally just ran the program you told it not to run!

/offtopic

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:Dark, you should read Cell by Stephen King, or check out the frequency movies.
Okay, gonna hunt that one later:)

Frequency, the one starring Dennis Quaid? Or the British one? Although, I've seen both:P

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

CerataPhthalma wrote:Language does program minds by default. That's literally its entire purpose. For example, if I said, "hey, did you just think about a hyena with purple polka dots riding a tandem bicycle with a particularly portly rhinocerous?" chances are you thought about it, at least briefly. That's why it's so hard to reprogram your mind by telling it "don't think about xyz"--you literally just ran the program you told it not to run!

/offtopic
I don't think all minds work that way. I read that and I thought about a black hyena that resembled a rhinocerous. Sometimes one only makes associations, unless they commit to the language. We need not be programmed. Though taking on the program is an essential form of communicating with others.

But this is definitely Off Topic.

When you say or read a word enough, it either loses meaning, or becomes much more meaningful. Spouse spouse spouse spouse spouse spouse spouse.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

CerataPhthalma wrote:Language does program minds by default. That's literally its entire purpose. For example, if I said, "hey, did you just think about a hyena with purple polka dots riding a tandem bicycle with a particularly portly rhinocerous?" chances are you thought about it, at least briefly. That's why it's so hard to reprogram your mind by telling it "don't think about xyz"--you literally just ran the program you told it not to run!

/offtopic
I had to rework the concept of "don't think about XYZ" into "if thoughts of XYZ arise, mentally change topics immediately". That's an easier directive to follow, as it minimizes the time and energy wasted on thinking about the unwanted topic.

Back to godspousery: I'm curious to know if there is a tendency for human godspouses to also partake in a human relationship, or is it more likely that they will devote themselves entirely to their deity? I realize the answers will vary, but I was wondering if there was a strong tendency to choose one path over the other.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Likes2Read wrote:

/offtopic
I had to rework the concept of "don't think about XYZ" into "if thoughts of XYZ arise, mentally change topics immediately". That's an easier directive to follow, as it minimizes the time and energy wasted on thinking about the unwanted topic.

Back to godspousery: I'm curious to know if there is a tendency for human godspouses to also partake in a human relationship, or is it more likely that they will devote themselves entirely to their deity? I realize the answers will vary, but I was wondering if there was a strong tendency to choose one path over the other.
I wonder the same thing Likes, I heard some people were godspouses but also married to a human I guess it all just depends on the person and deity and what they find suitable for their relationship. I would love to hear if anyone has a godspouse as well as a human partner though.

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

Everyone is yet writing English ,but if only I understood,sounds brilliant though! 1e

This might be off topic a tad,but God/Goddess spousery, is it possible to have a union with married deities
meaning for an example***Greek immortal Zeus, and Goddess Hera,both wanting to be with you like a tri-pod relationship,love connection?

And how common is it to possibly have more then one deity to marry? can you be with an example *** Norse God Odin and Greek God Apollo?

How often can it be the same sex marriages ?

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

Currently pleasantly surprised. Also currently a bit delirious. Sleep, sleep, what are you...?

Blue, ya know, I've never seen any blogs or posts or anything of the sort of a person claiming Spousery with a married deity couple. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just haven't seen any. It'd definitely be interesting to hear about!

I have seen a blog here and there of people who've claimed Spousery to multiple deities... I don't really follow any of them, though, as the deities they were involved with simply didn't interest me (haha, sorry, but just like with people, there are some folks where I care about their relationships, and others where I am more concerned about the rate at which my toenails grow.)

Same sex happens pretty frequently, too.... I said earlier in this thread that for the most part, though, I really don't see many male Godspouses with male Spouses.... Mostly I see females married to male deities and/or females married to female deities. I'm a same sex marriage... ish... it's complicated... it's really complicated. I'm a gender bender with a gender bender. Madness ensues.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

I'm a same sex marriage... ish... it's complicated... it's really complicated. I'm a gender bender with a gender bender. Madness ensues

And incredibly beautiful as you are Zero 1ks

Well the whole topic is interesting to me,not saying I am in one ,don't think in this lifetime,but one never knows. 1lv

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I've heard of Loki having all sorts ... no surprise there. ;P And females liking female deities.
Like Zero says, I don't bother to follow the whole movement and every single deity and their lovers. I avoid the blogs now most of the time. Which is a shame, because there are a few gems among the rough.
But I do know of people who have multiple god-spouses, either they are in a trinity relationship or some such, or have one main spouse and a few consorts. And sometimes they may start with one god then be led to Someone else, Loki to Fenrir for instance, and Fenrir became her main squeeze.
And yeah some people stay monogamous to the god only, some are polygamous among gods/spirits, some have the god relationship along with human relationships.
There's really no defining example of what a "god-spouse" is, other than a special devoted relationship to one god (or more).

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Fala
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 4

Lokakisa wrote: And yeah some people stay monogamous to the god only, some are polygamous among gods/spirits, some have the god relationship along with human relationships.
There's really no defining example of what a "god-spouse" is, other than a special devoted relationship to one god (or more).
Yeah, I'm a monogamous and since my Beloved isn't well-known, it helps my mental health to not have anyone else making moves on him.

It's really hard to wrap your head around deity polyamory though. One theory I have read is that there are many versions of a deity, so for example there are as many different Lokis as there are Loki spouses. So each Loki spouse gets their own personal Loki, distinct from all the other Lokis.

Is that a thing? Because down the road, if my Beloved ever ended up with another godspouse, I would lose my <<Removed by Mod>>and this seems to be the only way to really explain that. If you're a monogamous person, anyway, like I think most of us are!

Return to “Immortals”