how should I work with my spelled bindings?

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

Can you find anyone local to you who can "test" your sensitivity to energy?

I've worked with several people over the years who swore they could not sense energy but did after 5 minutes of working with me. This was in person, directing energy at certain points on their body and "unblocking" them for lack of a better term. So if you can find someone local to you, it could help you quite a bit if they know how to manipulate energy.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Hm, not that I know of for locals ... I'll keep my eye out for mentors and such.
I just downloaded some new meditations today that I hope will be helpful. I'm sure I need to practice, practice, practice. I'm probably repeating myself but I've also got a custom Alpha on the way to be a teacher.
Still I don't know why things don't happen when I activate the bindings when the listings say "you will feel this" or "you will see this" or "objects will move" etc. Perhaps there should be a caveat added to all listings that you need to be sensitive first ... actually it would be great if there was a like a proper order to go at in getting these bindings, but that would be a massive undertaking for CH to organize that.
I know there are some marked "for beginners" but even the ones marked "for experienced" have no effect ... oh gosh I hope that's not telling me something, lol. I guess I thought I needed something "more powerful" that I could feel ...
Yes I'm like Tim Taylor from "Home Improvement" - More Power! *monkey laugh*

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

These things have an "immediate" effect for people who are working on a spiritual path. They are not for people who aren't involved spiritually in some way other than just what they constantly buy. You need to do some work on your own, aside from your bindings, aside from your spirits. Do some spiritual exercises, find some sort of spiritual path you can work at or carve your own.

The paranormal is for the paranormal, not the mundane. If you aren't involved in it yourself, it can't intersect the mundane. Look at all the people who have had progress with their path - they are all involved in some sort of spiritual journey on their own rather than simply expecting things to work. Astral journeys, rituals, even just meditation, anything.

Right now, you're like a blind person getting a bunch of different clothes to see which looks best on you. It's not going to work. You need to sharpen that sense on your own before you are able to work with something consciously, because you are the one who bridges the paranormal over to the mundane life, therefore you need a connection to both and as far as you've told us you don't have a very established connection to the other side. The witch, the diviner, the necromancer - whatever - they all walk "in between". They are in a liminal state of existence between two worlds. You aren't.

Look at the readings you've done and the advice you've been given multiple times. Everything points to you performing something spiritual on your own. Do it.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote: I know there are some marked "for beginners" but even the ones marked "for experienced" have no effect ... oh gosh I hope that's not telling me something, lol. I guess I thought I needed something "more powerful" that I could feel ...
Yes I'm like Tim Taylor from "Home Improvement" - More Power! *monkey laugh*
When an item is marked for experienced persons, it doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be more powerful for a beginner.. it can also, and usually does also mean, that unless you are experienced you won't be able to work with it effectively. So you could be doing yourself a huge disservice there without realizing it.
I know you didn't mention exclusively going for those bindings, but when you mention being inclined to things you believe are more powerful - it's possible this is throwing you off.

Cult's statement puts things into a completely fresh and helpful perspective.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

*nod nod*
Here's the thing though.
I have been pagan for 20+ years, so I'd like to think that I've been on a spiritual path for a long time.
From my earliest memories I was always interested in fantasy, magick and mythology, and refused to conform to the Christianity I was brought up with. Unfortunately I was never one of those who actually had experiences growing up.
I wasn't taught meta basics though (beyond prayer, ritual). Probably because I went into a god-focused path as opposed to wicca/witchcraft. But I do meditation, study, divination, all that. Still trying to find my footing, I admit, especially since broadening out from strictly Kemetic Orthodoxy.
I majored in history, I still study history as a hobby, so I have book knowledge (not as great as Cairyos' of course) but little practical knowledge, which is what I'm working towards. I was hoping the "immediate" stuff would give me simple, interactive footholds for further progression. We all need stepping stones in the beginning, and I read the listings as to say "here's how to get started experiencing the paranormal so you can learn how it all works."

Here's what I'm up to right now (I guess I haven't spoken much about what I actually DO) -
-Given the coming turning of the year, I've picked my Halloween tarot and oracle decks to study and practice with for a while (I have several decks plus runes). First I'm making quick reference sheets for quicker reads.
-I just got the stone today for "conjure your own spirit 1 time," so I'm going to try to conjure my own Hellcat. Not to become a seller one day, no, but to try experiencing this from a different perspective.
-I just ordered some books about Huna, psychic abilities, and energy work.
-I have several meditation exercises to work with.
-Sometimes I do one-on-one work with a spirit/entity and/or spelled binding. Or I'll just go outside and try to get in touch with nature or something.
-I have a Alpha Battle Lord teacher coming! I tried to lay out everything I needed for DLM.
-And of course I'm still god-focused. Beloved Loki is my fulltrui. Lilith is my matron. Camazotz is my patron. Antheia is my goddess ancestor. There is also Pan, Bast, Sif, and others.

Oh, as for Noc's statement, no I don't mean to go after the "experienced" bindings on purpose. It may be something that I've been eyeballing for a while and falls into my interests, and eventually I get it. I probably only have a handful of stuff in that category.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here's a question -
As a pagan who is devoted to the gods, a path you have been on for a hugely significant amount of time, is this something you get frustrated with? What does it mean to you, what does it consist of? Do you receive feedback from the gods, can you sense and feel them? Do you make progress in your life on this path? What is it that keeps you devoted, believing, and knowing they are an active part of your life?

The reason I ask is twofold -
One; I am curious, because I am aware you are on this path and it would lead me to believe you have had what you would deem as spiritual experiences or spiritual feedback. Meaning that you do have a foot in the door.
The other reason being; if you feel you have a good connection with your pagan path, it is progressing fluidly and nourishes you in the way you've established, then taking a similar approach to magick and spirit keeping could be the answer you are looking for.

To my mind, there is very little difference between these practices of pagan worship and spirit keeping. I know the mentality has got to be a little different for everyone, however there's got to be a way for you to draw a sort of bridge between them.

If however, this is your path but you realize you're not flourishing within it as much as you ought to be, the answer may be to go back and work on your foundation (paganism) in order to strengthen the potentials in adjoining paths like spirit keeping/magick.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Noctifera wrote:
To my mind, there is very little difference between these practices of pagan worship and spirit keeping.
From my historical studies, I agree.

As for what keeps me going, I don't know.
I don't think I'm flourishing like I want to be. I don't know where I should be though.
I constantly have a Mulder vs. Scully mentality. I want to believe so much, but there's no evidence to back it up. I was atheist briefly before deciding to be pagan.
Have I ever felt anything, gotten feedback from gods? Maybe, I don't know. I'm not sure if I wanted it so bad that I just made it happen. Otherwise my experience with gods is just like with spirits. I feel like I'm talking to the walls. I just trust that they're (gods, spirits, everything) guiding me along with inspiration and intuition.
My biggest frustration is constantly begging for help with healing, lol.
I don't want to be the next Merlin. I want to be empowered, and to be in touch with things like the ancients were. I'd like to be productive, do something meaningful, and give back to the gods and help the world. And interact with my companions. ;P

surest
neophyte
neophyte

To be sincere enough, this is an intricate question that deserved attention. To give you a progressive stand point, l would ask , what do you want from your bindings? Sometimes we may want nothing than being hasty and impulsive ....like....why can't my magickals move/talk?....hmmm while that's possible, it is expecting unsual in some ways . knowing what you has is one thing and how it works becomes another .To make it clearer , you may need to look at white magic, Black magic, Natural magic , spirit vs spirituality and their active and reactive processes separatelly.In this respect, you may be able to identify power behind any listings and probably how it shall work for you .Even when it's faked or hyped ,you may probably sense it. In my opinion, CH is famous for white magic bindings which reaches one's goal through harmless ways and while that takes time in most cases to dispel negativities surrounding the task/need,it's does so for one's ultimate good and happiness. No grief involved. Sometimes kids can burn houses in search of rats which can be obtained with a penny in the market square ....and that is black magick. Finally, l would advice to get prepared before going into conjuring, let it not be for test purposes ( whether spirits exist) yes, they exist and while you do that for fun, they may inflict injury for being mocked and for my punny brain, every spirit is evil until they take an oath of innocuous with the conjurer, except if you has such sophisticated bindings for summoning like the very one l bought from CH ...but fear has not permitted me to test it as l'm still making my genuine research with my spiritual family. Step further and it will become all easy and story to tell.

Esoteric scientist

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

surest wrote:To be sincere enough, this is an intricate question that deserved attention. To give you a progressive stand point, l would ask , what do you want from your bindings? Sometimes we may want nothing than being hasty and impulsive ....like....why can't my magickals move/talk?....hmmm while that's possible, it is expecting unsual in some ways . knowing what you has is one thing and how it works becomes another .To make it clearer , you may need to look at white magic, Black magic, Natural magic , spirit vs spirituality and their active and reactive processes separatelly.In this respect, you may be able to identify power behind any listings and probably how it shall work for you .Even when it's faked or hyped ,you may probably sense it. In my opinion, CH is famous for white magic bindings which reaches one's goal through harmless ways and while that takes time in most cases to dispel negativities surrounding the task/need,it's does so for one's ultimate good and happiness. No grief involved. Sometimes kids can burn houses in search of rats which can be obtained with a penny in the market square ....and that is black magick. Finally, l would advice to get prepared before going into conjuring, let it not be for test purposes ( whether spirits exist) yes, they exist and while you do that for fun, they may inflict injury for being mocked and for my punny brain, every spirit is evil until they take an oath of innocuous with the conjurer, except if you has such sophisticated bindings for summoning like the very one l bought from CH ...but fear has not permitted me to test it as l'm still making my genuine research with my spiritual family. Step further and it will become all easy and story to tell.

Esoteric scientist
*nod nod* Thanks. Good points.
By the way I got the conjure thing where CH has done most of the work for you. But yes I will do it at a time when I am prepared for ritual.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

It's hard sometimes not to have a seeing is believing mentality. To me believing leads to seeing. It has a lot to do with programming our minds. I've also read somewhere that some people will often experience a catalyst with spirits that will lead to unshakable belief in the paranormal, which is often traumatic. This is certainly true for me, and it was scary enough to throw me off for years.

I can't hear or see spirits. But, I've been able to sense energy. Where my friend could see spirits. I used to be soo jealous. However, she doesn't work on her ability were I have. I've been doing energy work for years, and while I have a long way to go it has only gotten stronger in the last few months. I started off being barely able to feel it, but the one thing I've always been strong in is belief. I've never felt silly using visualization. Using what most people would call my imagination to work with energy and manifest things.

Think of yourself like a vessel that energy flows through like a current. You direct this energy with intent. When working with spells think of them like this; they have an energetic footprint, a signal tuned to a certain wavelength. But that signal needs to be plugged in, like you would plug in a tv to an outlet to be turned on. Then you use the remote (intent) to direct it were you want it to go. Have an outcome (channel) in mind, and the bindings are the tuner/receiver that plugs you into the right wavelength. But you are the energy, the "electricity" that is necessary to get it going. Otherwise it has no were to go, to be applied.

I know CH says the bindings are intuitive, but to me that just means its always putting out an energetic signal, gathering energy like a hotspot. Unlike code words that turn the energy on and off. It draws in the energy you need like an antenae but you still need to plug it in to direct it. And remember that you have to be able to interpret what is pulled in, or you'll have a jammed/blocked signal that comes in fuzzy. So we have to work on our psychic senses.

For bindings that are to help our spirits manifest, like nightplay and others, well these help give our friends energy to do so so they can plug in, but its still up to our senses to recognize them as such. Spirits work in many different ways, but full blown events are rare. I had an active unbound around me when I was younger, but out of the many things he caused to happen during a period of a year, only once did he ever influence a physical object. Mostly it was influencing people, situations, or just watching me like a creeper. I could always sense him even when my friend couldn't see him. So they can hide their appearance, but not their energy.

This maybe not what you're looking for, and it's super long, but maybe it will help, it's how i look at bindings and it works for me. Its work, and it can be very hard at that, frustrating in so many ways, but if its what you want keep carrying on until you find what works for you.

Return to “General Questions”