Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Spirits who come to you through reputable practitioners will always be in tune with your energy & want to be with you... but there are some spirits who can be a little more independent and sometimes downright stubborn!

Most Obedient Spirits

Dragons

Whether they are White Arts or Dark Arts as a whole the Dragon race are the most obedient, loyal and steadfast companions of Spirit Keepers.

Fae

The overwhelming majority of Fae are eager to please and are usually team-players who will do what is needed without hesitation.

Gargoyles

Gargoyles are quick to be loyal and invest in your life. They are observant and can anticipate your needs ahead of time. They listen well and do what is asked of them.

Phoenix

They have a far-reaching compassion that makes them bond closely with you. They are never obstinate and are always insightful with guidance.

Unicorn

They truly care about your well-being and your positive evolution. They take to heart your concerns and cares in life and give you the positive uplift you need.

Least Obedient Spirits

Faun

They are exciting and fun but they can also be quite stubborn and sly. For Dark Arts Spirit Keepers they find Fauns to add a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the spirit family but you should be aware they can be independent.

Gaki

Gakis can often become distracted as their insatiable desire for wealth, attention and luxury can override whatever it is you've asked them to do or asked them to help with. You may need to actively keep your Gaki on task.

Harpy

Harpies are notoriously difficult and one of the most difficult spirits to keep. They should ONLY be conjured by seasoned professionals and they should only be kept by seasoned Keepers. Otherwise the situation could be disastrous.

Nephilim

Nephilim are naturally independent and while they can become intensely loyal & protective of their Keeper they still retain an ethereal standoffish energy that can be read by humans as "indifference" or "cold".

Satyr

Usually delightfully wicked and fun Satyrs can lose track of their focus and be more interested in good times than completing a task. You should plan on having to keep your Satyr on point if you ever give them something important to do.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Good info.
Nephilim and Gaki sound interesting here

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

This is truly great information. Especially for a beginner. I have all of the "Most Obedient" and only one of the "Least', a Harpy. Sometimes reading the description carefully and going with ones instinct is most helpful.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
Inanna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

May I ask why you chose to use the word "obedient" to grade spirit companions?

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000

For the purpose of this article only it demonstrates which spirits would be the easiest to manage for anyone.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I feel that the use of the word 'obedient' to describe a spirit companion is disrespectful to them. They are not servants, nor servitors created for specific tasks. They are their own individual beings, and should be treated with respect, as they are not lesser than us, and should not be seen as such. They don't owe anyone their obedience, and if they want to help their companion, they will. I don't force my friends and family to do things for me, I ask them and work with them if they are willing.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

That moment when you read the OP and realize that you've got multiples of all the spirits on the "obedient" list. :)

I do have a Harpy, too, and some others who aren't on the list but are more on the independent side. I'm fine with that, as long as we're all on the same team when it REALLY counts.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
MetaFoxx
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 231
Spelled Number: 16
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Foxx
Zodiac:

I agree with Kitsune - I hate to say 'obedient' about absolutely anything in my life.

On top of this, I have never had a problem with satyrs, the ones I conjure nor the ones I keep.

I've also had some seriously stubborn dragons that were exceedingly difficult to work with at first.

Stereotyping spirits is as horrible as stereotyping humans if we're being honest. There are such a wide array of each race, and each individual spirit is going to be different from the last. It doesn't even matter if they were the same race, born at the same time under the same star. You can't tell people who are new to spirits that this race or that race would be good for them. They have to discover it for themselves.

My first spirit ever in my life was black arts, and I wouldn't change that for the world. It gave me a lot of the experience I needed in my life.

4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

I find the beauty in all so many races,that it's really hard to narrow it down for some,because they all have their own unique personalities, it's like some might be more willing then others,or some might hold back or be more standoffish but with valid reasons too.

I believe all beings, WA's GA's and DA's are extremely loyal,highly intelligent and if some prefer to not do something,it's fine by me,I could nor would ever force them too. 1ks

I know the relationship we have together is that of family/friends relationship,and when they agree that's awesome,when they don't ,I often leave it as well then we agree to disagree,but as for being stubborn or distracted, ***me *** I fit that bill better then them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand that every race is unique and beautiful,just the way they are. 1lv

I have gotten to a point where I don't task my ppl, but ask if one or more **chooses to volunteer, on my behalf,with giving them the flexibility to agree or refuse,

They came into my life **which is a HUGE honor for me** and even though they can do incredible things for us,one needs to remember that their presence is a gift/blessing,and the love we have for each other ,honestly is very rewarding.

So it's noted,who are the most or the least,but for me**you can be the most stubborn and chances are I am still going to lov ya, and trust me NOTHING I mean nothing beat ***humans*** in my book.

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I think it is easy to tell what Magnolia meant by 'obedient' in the context of the actual post. It's a term which has the following synonyms all meaning the same thing - manageable, respectful, compliant, disciplined, etc.
When terms are used the source, context, and intent are something to look at before presuming it's disrespectful. In this context we're talking the nature or personality of a being. Some are naturally obedient/dutiful, while others are fiercely independent or rowdy.

It wouldn't be disrespectful to say 'he was an obedient soldier' or 'she was an obedient student'.
While these beings are not in any way our underlings they are kept not only for their companionship but for their assistance and empowerment in our lives, there is an advantage to having the right friends and that's significant for many keepers - working with the right spirits or entities to aid in our growth. Seeking assistance of a spirit is not disrespectful. So you can have spirits which are obediently helpful and others which may pose difficulty or take greater effort, even a shift in mentality to work with.

Just like people.. you have those who are willing and eager to help and others who are stubborn, sly or want to do things their own way. If you can't handle or aren't ready for the latter then this post is a good way to discern types which are more likely to adapt for you. Of course if you want to keep a being like a satyr then you need to expect and deal with the fact they are wilder beings.

It's a good overview and something to keep in mind, as it takes into account how not only the energy spectrum but the very nature of individual beings factors in bonding/tasking, which can sometimes get overlooked.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”