Am I doing something wrong...?

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

PERFECT! xD
We're getting there~! WOOT

scrubtech
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Oh, Shiori...friend, you are NOT alone. I have had so many trials, errors, failures, etc...it's not even funny. I was SO discouraged. I STILL get discouraged :frustrated: when I don't get the results I think I should be having at this point. But I remind myself that all will happen in good time....
I have been collecting spirits and "hanging around" in the spirit world for several years and I'm just starting to get RELIABLE results from my pendulum, runes, and even the spirits themselves. It was always user-error of course, but not getting results-- :x ANY RESULTS was hurting my resolve to keep going where the spirits were concerened. I didn't want to feel alone, feel like I was defective and tht I was wasting my time--BECAUSE I CLEARLY COULDN'T SEE, HEAR, FEEL, TOUCH, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY COMUNICATE WITH THEM. Sorry to shout :oops: --it felt good to get it out though, so thank you for that. :hug:
I know it's frustrating to "keep trying" and "keep waiting" and "stay patient" and all you want to do is scream until one of the spirits shows up and says, "Hey, we hear you. Now can ya keep it down!!" :crazy:
One of my biggest "miffs" toward the spirits that live with me--I have asked everyone of them to take me into a dream land that once belonged to the vampires of that era. Or if I wanted to hang out with Werewolves, then I want them to take me, while I slumber, to WW land and show me around. I would love to learn all about their cultures and poeple. I never made demands about how long we should be gone, or how many people should talk to or kill or whatever...
But to this day, after all the pleading, begging, grovveling, and every other act I've practiced that's guranteed to mear one's sense of self-indignation all over the bathroom wall, I can't get even 1 spirit--not even 1 to bring we a wonderful dream that I can and will remember. :shock:
But no. I don't get the spirits to work with me in this area. Or I have't found the spirit that agrees with me about how beneficial it will be to actually share "Land" with one another.
I have yet to dream a dream and then remember the requested dream. I have only seen one spirit in my dream ever and I can't remember who it was. My second request from the spirits was, "Could I please
remember the dreams you will give me and all of the things that we share with each other. I want to remember what I experience.I want to remember the things we talked about and how you looked. PLease just help me remember!

This request has NEVER been realized. I don't know why they won't share themselsves that way to me, but I find it odd. I don't feel put-out about it anymore--I used to. I used to get very angry. I thought the spirits were being obstinante. :irked: They have the ability, but they're not going to do it--for whatever their "spirit" selves deem appropriate. OK. I gave up with that one. I guess if they ever feel the need to dream with me, we'll all be there. Until then, there isn't anything I an do to move things along. ;)
So Kind of in a round-about way we share the same isssues, Shiori. I am making progress with the "feeling" of different types of energy. That's a great place to begin.
Just remember that you're not alone in this. Many of us struggle every day to make our experience richer and fuller with our spirits. Some days it goes great and some days you might as well be talking to a rock... :irked:

Take Care.

'Men have forgotten this truth,but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.'
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmmm if you are getting somewhere controlling energy
You should be able to tell differences between different energy intensities by now :thought:

How's it going?

Shiori
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

joy wrote:Hi Shiori, it does take some time to get use to and like Mongrella said, you should be holding the pendulum not have it suspended on something :crazy: I tried using one the way that she and many others have- over the vessel, and for the first time, I got a response in a big way. I did a little meditation first, visualizing a protective circle surrounding me. But it does take patience. There are many post on using one here, and on YouTube. My main method of communication is still mentally talking like Terence wrote, and through dreams.
Okay, next time I use a pendulum, I'll try holding it instead of suspending on anything, and do a bit of meditation first. Thank you! :thumbup:
scrubtech wrote:Oh, Shiori...friend, you are NOT alone. I have had so many trials, errors, failures, etc...it's not even funny. I was SO discouraged. I STILL get discouraged :frustrated: when I don't get the results I think I should be having at this point. But I remind myself that all will happen in good time....
I have been collecting spirits and "hanging around" in the spirit world for several years and I'm just starting to get RELIABLE results from my pendulum, runes, and even the spirits themselves. It was always user-error of course, but not getting results-- :x ANY RESULTS was hurting my resolve to keep going where the spirits were concerened. I didn't want to feel alone, feel like I was defective and tht I was wasting my time--BECAUSE I CLEARLY COULDN'T SEE, HEAR, FEEL, TOUCH, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY COMUNICATE WITH THEM. Sorry to shout :oops: --it felt good to get it out though, so thank you for that. :hug:
I know it's frustrating to "keep trying" and "keep waiting" and "stay patient" and all you want to do is scream until one of the spirits shows up and says, "Hey, we hear you. Now can ya keep it down!!" :crazy:
One of my biggest "miffs" toward the spirits that live with me--I have asked everyone of them to take me into a dream land that once belonged to the vampires of that era. Or if I wanted to hang out with Werewolves, then I want them to take me, while I slumber, to WW land and show me around. I would love to learn all about their cultures and poeple. I never made demands about how long we should be gone, or how many people should talk to or kill or whatever...
But to this day, after all the pleading, begging, grovveling, and every other act I've practiced that's guranteed to mear one's sense of self-indignation all over the bathroom wall, I can't get even 1 spirit--not even 1 to bring we a wonderful dream that I can and will remember. :shock:
But no. I don't get the spirits to work with me in this area. Or I have't found the spirit that agrees with me about how beneficial it will be to actually share "Land" with one another.
I have yet to dream a dream and then remember the requested dream. I have only seen one spirit in my dream ever and I can't remember who it was. My second request from the spirits was, "Could I please
remember the dreams you will give me and all of the things that we share with each other. I want to remember what I experience.I want to remember the things we talked about and how you looked. PLease just help me remember!

This request has NEVER been realized. I don't know why they won't share themselsves that way to me, but I find it odd. I don't feel put-out about it anymore--I used to. I used to get very angry. I thought the spirits were being obstinante. :irked: They have the ability, but they're not going to do it--for whatever their "spirit" selves deem appropriate. OK. I gave up with that one. I guess if they ever feel the need to dream with me, we'll all be there. Until then, there isn't anything I an do to move things along. ;)
So Kind of in a round-about way we share the same isssues, Shiori. I am making progress with the "feeling" of different types of energy. That's a great place to begin.
Just remember that you're not alone in this. Many of us struggle every day to make our experience richer and fuller with our spirits. Some days it goes great and some days you might as well be talking to a rock... :irked:

Take Care.
Wow! You DO know exactly how I feel...!!! :lol:

I have asked them so many times to do different things for me, and yet they never have. :( It is indeed very discouraging, but I'm going to keep trying! The one thought that keeps me going is the idea that I'll one day just be to see my spirits directly and talk to them easily. :D Thank you!
Capricornus-Aquarion wrote:Mmmm if you are getting somewhere controlling energy
You should be able to tell differences between different energy intensities by now :thought:

How's it going?
Actually, great! The other day, after a bit of meditation and some practice with a method MoonLightWeaver let me in on, I picked up one of my spirit stones and actually FELT a strong energy in it! :wtf:

It was like a certain warmth, but I could almost feel what seemed to be static electricity sparks in my palm. Least to say, I was quite surprised! :lol:

Thank you for all of your help! :D

“How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare? ...that became for me more and more the real measure of value.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I am like Scrubtech as far as dreams go. I always have very vivid dreams. I often remember at least bits of them. But never anything that I can honestly say - that was Spirit X. Even tho I focus when falling asleep & ask (make that 'beg') for even a teeny glimpse...I suspect that one day something will just click & it'll happen, like astral projection. Not that I can do that either...But I can communicate via the pendulum & I get my odd thought-information moments so I hang in there & hope for improvements.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Somebody beat me to it, but yes, hold the pendulum in your hand, keep a couple things in mind.
1. Your subconcious mind can cause the pendulum to move, that's just a fact. Many say the spirit puts the answer in your subconcious mind and that causes the movement. Could be true, makes sense. But one of my spirits grabs my wrist when she answers.
2. If you have a chance to try a couple pendulums first, do it. Pendulums can vary on the part you hold, I've tried to use some that just don't work for me because of that
3. You may need to show your spirits (or have them show you) what a yes and no answer look like.
There's a good thread in "Help with your spirits" "General questions". And I think Magnolia pinned it to the top to make it easy to find. I think it's called "Programming gemstone pendulum" or something like that. Also you may find that if you get a maybe or unsure answer that you may suddenly get an idea of how to clarify the question, just ask yourself where that came from. And be careful how you ask your questions, if asked a certain way, Yes or no could be the same answer. Example "Do you not want to go" Answer No - "No I don't want to go" Yes "Yes I do not want to go".

joy
active contributor
active contributor

:thumbup: Glad to hear that you are making progress Shiori; one thing that has helped me is to remain open and to count the little things that happen as well. I used to have a problem with doubting always explaining away insights as being coincidences. Since joining this forum, I learn something new each day. Today for example, I saw that someone had posted about sand pendulums which are used by being suspended :eh: . I had never heard of them before. I still fell frustrated when it come to some of my spirit companions- cannot sense them yet but it is my fault really, I haven't spent much time with some.

Scrubtech, have you tried any of the astral amulets from CH or Wintermournings? While using them, I sometimes get very vivid dreams of travelling to different places. Last week, I had such a strong impression of one place, that I still can recall some of it. I could sense that I was with a guide, but didn't see their face, its like they were always standing beside me or behind me. I could hear and sense them but not see them.

Return to “Connecting”