Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragons
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: I really don't know

Let's say if I used Ouija board to communicate with spirits, but I will specify before hand the nature of those who come through like saying before hand "only those who mean no harm nor they will cause any havoc may see me and come through, and for those who are the rest are never to come through nor contact me or see me", will it work this way, and can I use it to contact my spiritual guides?.. if not what an easy way for a beginner to communicate with spirits?

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Becareful sometimes ouija board can attract some mischievous demons to come to your place

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Amaranthlovecharm
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA, immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Fae of light
Zodiac:

Hi, you can but it is STRONGLY recommended you shield yourself and your area before doing so. Ouija boards are notorious for becoming portals for baddies out there. I wouldn't try it as a beginner (I still consider myself a beginner despite keeping since 2014) at all, to be honest. There are plenty of other, safer ways to communicate with your spirit friends like telepathy, through dreams, and through meditation (make sure to shield first). Please be careful and safe, and do lots of research before trying! Good luck! :)

Whoever's reading this, hope you're having a good day! ^^
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
J.Kindi
new here
new here

That was informative thank you guys I think I will avoid it and use automatic writing

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

J.Kindi wrote:That was informative thank you guys I think I will avoid it and use automatic writing
Using any method that opens a channel can be dangerous. Protection is always first priority, and part of that is being specific on the spirit you are wanting to communicate with. It can get pretty hairy if you open a channel that lets whoever is just hanging about come through. Before doing any kind of communication work with tools (tarot, runes, automatic writing, talking boards, pendulum) I'd get into the habit of; cleansing the area and self and setting up some form of protection.

Cleansing can be done energetically or with some kind of smoke ( sage, palo santo, sweet grass, etc) or spray (salt water is a ok) and protection can be building a energetic shield around you and your room, using protection magickals and/or specially charged stones, or full blown protection ritual circles; which I would use if I used a Ouija board. I have had bad bad experiences with using one with an open channel.

Protection and Cleansing is a very important part of working in metaphysics. It keeps things clear and smooth sailing. Just like you clean your house to keep away bugs and lock your doors against unwanted intruders, this keeps the energetic parts of your life in tip top shape.

J.Kindi
new here
new here

doom_star898 wrote:
J.Kindi wrote:That was informative thank you guys I think I will avoid it and use automatic writing
Using any method that opens a channel can be dangerous. Protection is always first priority, and part of that is being specific on the spirit you are wanting to communicate with. It can get pretty hairy if you open a channel that lets whoever is just hanging about come through. Before doing any kind of communication work with tools (tarot, runes, automatic writing, talking boards, pendulum) I'd get into the habit of; cleansing the area and self and setting up some form of protection.

Cleansing can be done energetically or with some kind of smoke ( sage, palo santo, sweet grass, etc) or spray (salt water is a ok) and protection can be building a energetic shield around you and your room, using protection magickals and/or specially charged stones, or full blown protection ritual circles; which I would use if I used a Ouija board. I have had bad bad experiences with using one with an open channel.

Protection and Cleansing is a very important part of working in metaphysics. It keeps things clear and smooth sailing. Just like you clean your house to keep away bugs and lock your doors against unwanted intruders, this keeps the energetic parts of your life in tip top shape.
I see.. that requires me to be much more careful which I will do.. but out of the interest and loving the unknown can you tell us one of the bad bad experiences?

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

J.Kindi wrote:
doom_star898 wrote:

I see.. that requires me to be much more careful which I will do.. but out of the interest and loving the unknown can you tell us one of the bad bad experiences?
Lets see: I had a clock thrown at my head (it was up on a wall shelf over my bed and plugged in behind my head board), feelings of constantly being watched for months, whacked out dreams, odd coincidences that happened to friends, and what convinced me of the power spirits can have; a car wreck.

The reason I know the spirit had a hand in the car wreck was because of my friends brother. The night it happened he had been taunting and rude and the spirit warned me something would happen. He was the only one to get hurt, not badly a case of whiplash, but it scared me silly. I stopped using a board for several years and it took me a long time to stop being afraid of the paranormal.

The second time didn't involve a spirit messing with me but my friend. Lets see: he heard something run up the stairs and a loud crash which woke me up I shrugged and tell back asleep. The next morning I woke up to a box from my closet spilled out all over the floor. After that he was the only one who sensed the spirit, it was around him for years, and I am pretty sure its what indirectly led him to having a mental breakdown. He already had things he needed to work through and having an unbound spirit around him didn't help him at all. But I didn't put it together until way after the fact.

Now I only work with bound spirits, because even after being scared by unbounds I am still fascinated by them. But I am still mindful of the power spirits can have and I respect them for it.

JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

Just be extremely careful when using a board like that.. I don't even like the idea of using that damn thing, gives me the creeps just thinking about it..

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

CH has spirit communication boards which look like Ouija boards. Being from CH, I would assume they are safer to use than generic store bought Ouija boards but if you use one, I would still recommend doing something for protection. I'll try to link the page below, I hope it works.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/search.p ... _https=yes

ImageImageImage

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”