You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 324
Spelled Number: 49
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Summer Starz
Zodiac:

shiningshadow33 wrote:Update: she ADORES water. I take her vessel into the bathroom with me when showering, I can't wear it to the shower because the stone she is bound to can be easily damaged by water so I leave it on the counter by the sink so she can enjoy the warm steam when I take a warm shower. I recently went to a park with a huge lake in it, that lake had a mini Ecosystem in it, two types of ducks, a bunch of geese and large fish.She absolutely LOVED it. She used to watch over a large river when alive from what she has shown me and told me, so being near such a large body of water was very enjoyable for her.
Naga are River Spirits in Japan she might have lived in that area while alive.... 2hp

Family of 280
I have walked the paths of time but have never found a soul that shines as bright as yours
poisonchild
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kharer
Zodiac:

Naga's aren't river spirits in Japan? They come from India typically. They are found in Buddhism and Jainism and Thailand as well. Sometimes naga are associated with Chinese dragons. Where are you getting your sources? @summerstarz maybe you are thinking of Mizuchi? I mean I'm not saying there aren't naga and nagi in Japan but they really aren't typical in that region. At least not by the name "naga' they are generally called dragons. For example the naga king Vasuki is one of the 8 great dragon kings in Chinese and Japanese mythology. They for sure watch over Bodies of water though....

-V
Zaman7
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

CH describes Naga as abnormally large snakes while some other sellers describe them as being half human, half snakes (along with the ability to shift into full snake form). Why the difference in description?
I don't remember which sellers now because I read this a year a go.

Lucy. Aslan. Tumnus. ~❤️
Zaman7
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Here's a description from Lisa's MMT:

The naga are human like serpentine spirits that inhabit lakes, streams, and rivers in southeast asia. These beings are unique and powerful. 
Some legends say that they are more human like with many snake heads, some say they are more like a large serpent that can take human form. There are also variations of legs, no legs, etc. Basically a naga can appear like any and all of these forms. They can shift form between human and serpent and any combination thereof. So, all the legends are essentially correct.
And I think Jamie Blujay also refers to Nagas as being part human, part snake or shape shifters. Did anyone who have ordered from CH have seen their Nagas as half humans? Or they all are snakes?

Lucy. Aslan. Tumnus. ~❤️
SummerStarz
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

poisonchild wrote:Naga's aren't river spirits in Japan? They come from India typically. They are found in Buddhism and Jainism and Thailand as well. Sometimes naga are associated with Chinese dragons. Where are you getting your sources? @summerstarz maybe you are thinking of Mizuchi? I mean I'm not saying there aren't naga and nagi in Japan but they really aren't typical in that region. At least not by the name "naga' they are generally called dragons. For example the naga king Vasuki is one of the 8 great dragon kings in Chinese and Japanese mythology. They for sure watch over Bodies of water though....
Google lol and my Naga shows as both a large snake and a woman with her lower half as serpentine.

Family of 280
I have walked the paths of time but have never found a soul that shines as bright as yours
SummerStarz
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Might have accidentally linked over to the dragons mentioned

Family of 280
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Zaman7 wrote:Did anyone who have ordered from CH have seen their Nagas as half humans? Or they all are snakes?
Snake for me, a bit smaller than the basilisk : )

The myth might be related to another race, the vif, which is snake shifter.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

I have seen mine both as a serpent and as a stunning woman, but never half and half. I get the impression that it just was not/is not efficient to assume that form most of the time.

"Swim through water? Better as snake. Walk among men? Better as woman. Scare man from sacred land? Better snake. Negotiate with man? Better woman. Inbetween form is not so efficient."

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

Can they; yes. Do they/will they most of the time? Probably not.

Return to “Dark Arts”