The Karma Debate

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

Taken from this link:
What answer can be given to the profane ones who—when speaking to them about the law of return—allege that they cannot believe in it, since nobody has gone and returned in order to narrate what they have seen?

Samael Aun Weor: Days come and go. The suns return to their point of departure after thousands of years. The years return time and time again. The four stations of spring, summer, autumn, and winter always return. So, there is no need to believe in the law of return, since it is so evident, given that everybody is seeing it every day. Thus also the souls return, come again to this world, since “return” is a law that is in all creation.
Taken from this link:
‘Karma means actions: the actions of our body, speech and mind. This subject is very meaningful …'

'Every action we perform leaves an imprint, or potentiality, on our very subtle mind, and each imprint eventually gives rise to its own effect. Our mind is like a field, and performing actions is like sowing seeds in that field. Virtuous actions sow seeds of future happiness and non-virtuous actions sow seeds of future suffering. These seeds remain dormant in our mind until the conditions for them to ripen occur, and then they produce their effect. In some cases, this can happen many lifetimes after the original action was performed.’
And finally, taken from this link:
Consciousness is an energy, and energy cannot be destroyed. What this means is that the Consciousness does not die. The Consciousness is an energy that changes, and it changes according to cause and effect.
I don't personally believe in Karma, but I feel like challenging my own beliefs on it.

What about you? Do you agree or disagree with these quotes? Do you believe in Karma, or not? Come share your thoughts here and hopefully this can start an educational, constructive debate.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

As I know it, karma is merely the statement of "every action has a consequence".

In the New Age community, they've turned it into a more Christian idea of "the universe will punish you for doing bad things," which I find rediculous. Firstly, it is an ideal VERY dependent on human social structure and common morality, where anything seen as very bad or highly against the moral values is abhorred. Second, it's a use of instilling fear into people to make them obedient to those in power as the Christian church did and still does. The universe is not an all knowing sentient being who is going to pick on you for doing something your society deems as wrong, because one, it is an objective realm we currently reside in, and two, individual morals are not shared by every living thing.

It bothers me greatly that New Age ideals are merely Christianity with shiny new paint.

I went off on a rant, but that's my view of karma.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Physically, if you sit around in mud puddles, you will get pretty muddy. If you throw mud at others, you'll definitely get mud all over yourself as well.

Why would energetic hygiene be very different? If you sit around in energetic "mud", like hate and spite, you're going to get it on yourself. And if you start throwing hate and spite at others, you're going to be affected by it, as well.

The concept of getting back what you give out doesn't have to be couched in Christian or new age terms in order to be a logical potential outcome.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Likes2Read wrote:Physically, if you sit around in mud puddles, you will get pretty muddy. If you throw mud at others, you'll definitely get mud all over yourself as well.

Why would energetic hygiene be very different? If you sit around in energetic "mud", like hate and spite, you're going to get it on yourself. And if you start throwing hate and spite at others, you're going to be affected by it, as well.

The concept of getting back what you give out doesn't have to be couched in Christian or new age terms in order to be a logical potential outcome.
My feelings exactly. And I'd also like to add that just because we don't necessarily receive the comeuppance or reward one would expect in this lifetime given our actions doesn't mean that it won't come in the future or that it wasn't the consequence of something that came in a previous lifetime.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Great view points, guys! :)

I have a question: What about some people who send their spirits on tasks, but say "don't hurt my Karma"? How exactly is this avoided?

In my mind, the spirit you send on a task becomes an extension of you, which would imply that any action taken by the spirit (positive or negative) affects you Karmically. So even though I may not believe in Karma, I believe in taking responsibility for something like this (which is probably the same thing, lol).

Do you agree or disagree? Comments? Insights?

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Also, what about spells like this one in the CH store? Do you believe it's that easy to restore balance to your Karma?

How do you feel about Sin-Eaters?

In their listing, it mentions this:
However daunting as the task may seem to you the rewards for your efforts are unmatched. A sin-eater literally removes the greater to the smallest spec of sin, negative energy, guilt, conscious or unconscious anxiety, and resets your karmic balance to zero.
Could there be any repercussions for trying to restore Karmic balance right down to zero?

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Likes2Read wrote:Physically, if you sit around in mud puddles, you will get pretty muddy. If you throw mud at others, you'll definitely get mud all over yourself as well.

Well said, I agree! It's like the saying "“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” Actions executed in lower emotions have negative personal consequences.

I think the idea of karma being westernized is not religious and actually helpful because it allows a belief system for those who don't identify with traditional religions that helps understand the spiritual/hidden/invisible aspect of actions having consequences. However, the idea of karma can be misused in New Age...

One way the idea of karma becomes abused when a divine element comes into play, karma is cause and effect, which operates on its own. It's also abused when people say 'oh it's karma' to explain a negative occurrence or worse:
... karma’s bandied around these days to imply that there’s a divine plan. It doesn’t just represent the natural order; it goes on to suggest that this order is for our benefit. It’s straight out of the Bible. Hence: the universe is looking out for me; what goes around comes around; everything happens for a reason.

Well, everything does happen for some reason or another, but why should it revolve around me? That’s wishful thinking. A Facebook friend of mine recently received an unexpected $19 cheque in the mail shortly after losing $11 in cash. He called it karma, as if the two events were directly connected. However, we already have a word for remote coincidences like that: Luck....

It’s not easy. Countless causes and conditions collide to produce a constant stream of effects, and those effects in turn become new streams of causes and conditions. We never get the whole picture any more than we notice each frame of a movie, though we can see patterns with more or less clarity, depending on how much mental space we create for ourselves.

Trouble is, we don’t always want to see clearly. What we really want is reassuring explanations, even if they’re illusory.
http://www.thenakedmonk.com/2013/10/12/ ... ing-karma/

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Doomguy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pinhead Larry
My magical/paranormal name...: Elysis
Zodiac:

The universe thinks its humorous that they have given me near instant karmic feedback....If I do a wrong it almost immediately comes back to bite me in the span of a few minutes to an hour

its weird, but enjoyable.

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy.
But you. You will be worse.
Rip and tear, until it is done."
chrysalis
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Doomguy wrote:The universe thinks its humorous that they have given me near instant karmic feedback....If I do a wrong it almost immediately comes back to bite me in the span of a few minutes to an hour

its weird, but enjoyable.
Does it work both ways, I mean if you do good does that also immediately come back to you? Just curious...

Doomguy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pinhead Larry
My magical/paranormal name...: Elysis
Zodiac: