You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Hestia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello hollowites,

I recently got one of the reading done "spirit readings : which spirit would be the best companion" and I got a mixed bag. 3 I wasn't surprised by: angels ( I have 3 courtwind) dragons (I have one silver dragon) and fae (I have 2 kinds of Fae). But the other two...

I am new to spirit keeping (7 months) and have only dealt with white arts spirit. And although I know I will get DA spirits in the future I always thought I would start off with a gargoyle, and I get 2 spirits that seem like they are the darker end of the spectrum? It really surprised me, but the notes said these were the spirits I would connect with best in my current journey. What does this mean, that I should consider getting them?

Yes, I am apprehensive, because I don't feel I am ready, but at the same time, I am wondering if I hindering myself by not getting them? There's clearly something they can offer or help with or they wouldnt have come through right? Help please 1ey

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm? You don't really have to ask for all the spirits listed in the reading. They may help you in the way they can do, but if you're not yet comfortable with them, forcing yourself may very well have adverse effect. But, take a note of how nephilim and ajatar can be beneficial, e.g. protection, sensual, and magick, etc.

By the way, gargoyle is WA, not DA : )
Recommended DA spirit for beginners is wraith, since they're non-social, low maintenance, and protective. Thus, you can adapt to DA energy easier.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:Mmm? You don't really have to ask for all the spirits listed in the reading. They may help you in the way they can do, but if you're not yet comfortable with them, forcing yourself may very well have adverse effect. But, take a note of how nephilim and ajatar can be beneficial, e.g. protection, sensual, and magick, etc.

By the way, gargoyle is WA, not DA : )
Recommended DA spirit for beginners is wraith, since they're non-social, low maintenance, and protective. Thus, you can adapt to DA energy easier.

Thanks for responding I figured as much. Why are gargoyles marked DA in the encyclopedia though?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Gargoyles in my experience would be classified as grey arts, among the lightest if not the lightest dark arts beings by nature. So in a way one might call them WA and be kind of right in that they are so light on the DA scale that it can be said they lean more towards white arts. Think mostly like white arts in behavior with a bit of grey thrown in when it comes to enemies/tressspassers

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I really hope that made sense

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

shiningshadow33 wrote:Gargoyles in my experience would be classified as grey arts, among the lightest if not the lightest dark arts beings by nature. So in a way one might call them WA and be kind of right in that they are so light on the DA scale that it can be said they lean more towards white arts. Think mostly like white arts in behavior with a bit of grey thrown in when it comes to enemies/tressspassers
Ah I see, that make sense - thanks, super helpful!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Flyingfish90 wrote: Thanks for responding I figured as much. Why are gargoyles marked DA in the encyclopedia though?
Ooo you're right, I stand corrected : )
It used to be WA, but now it's DA in the encyclopedia as well as the shop. Good to know : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Yes, I would say only consider getting them when you feel ready. :) When the time is right, you will know, so don't feel as if you are hindering yourself because you aren't.

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
Flyingfish90 wrote: Thanks for responding I figured as much. Why are gargoyles marked DA in the encyclopedia though?
Ooo you're right, I stand corrected : )
It used to be WA, but now it's DA in the encyclopedia as well as the shop. Good to know : )
2hp

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ryla Grey wrote:Yes, I would say only consider getting them when you feel ready. :) When the time is right, you will know, so don't feel as if you are hindering yourself because you aren't.
Sound advice 1mg

Return to “Dark Arts”