Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 75
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mage!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Info on Destruction Magic

Postby Opelia Rendon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Hello.

I was trying to find a good source for a bit more knowledge on destruction magic (or if you want to get more technical, "Chaos Magic.")

Every time I search for the term, the game Skyrim keeps coming up. Does anyone else have a better idea on what it truly is?

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia
Sterling Angel, Courtwind Angel, Lunar Angel, Bound spirit guide, White Dragon, Gargoyle, Volkh, Brenedi, Thoughtform, Gold Dragon, Gryphon, Chinese Fox, Butterfly Faery, Immortal, Caldrius, Lalinas, Ljornin, Duojna, Genius Loci, Wraith, Ramidreju, 2 Iludras,

Kaida Zephyris
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black (Chaos) Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaida Lestrange

Re: Info on Destruction Magic

Postby Kaida Zephyris » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Chaos magic is not about destruction, but transformation and change! Many times this entails destruction, but it can also be creation of new things in turn. It's an intense magick to work with, and things will almost never go the way you expect them to, but it often forces you to confront the issues and obstacles holding you back head on (even if the issue is painful, such as an old relationship gone toxic, or bad habits and addictions you used as a crutch. Maybe even a stable job you are getting nowhere with) It may also bring you to confront the darkest side of yourself you've repressed! It's difficult to work with, but once you've embraced it, it becomes second nature. It's like death and rebirth. Chaos magick can destroy security and the illusion of control to show you a new and exciting path, thereby transforming the self.

At least, that is what I have learned in such endeavors. And this is merely from coming to know a spirit of said Chaos.

Currently Known Spirits in my Keep: Chaos Dragon Female (Alias: Shadow)

There are others in my Keep, either currently unidentifiable or still under the guise of personalities. Still soul-searching!

chemseraph
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby chemseraph » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:57 am

I always found it funny how video games, and especially their wikipedia sites, make it difficult to find original source material.

On topic though. I had a look through my books, and here's what I have.

Frater F.P. - Pocket Guide to Chaos Magick
Julian Wilde - Grimoire Of Chaos Magick
Michael Ford - Chaos Magick and Luciferism
Lincoln Order Of Neuromancers - Apikorsus An Essay On The Diverse Practices Of Chaos Magick

There's a link to the website where you can get these in my post here (since I'm a little unsure of whether I can post the raw link in this part of the forum): http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic70370.html

Hope this helps!

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys

Postby Alys-RaccoonReadings » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Chaos Protocols is a highly recommended book on chaos magick.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 75
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mage!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby Opelia Rendon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:44 am

I really appreciate everyone's answers! Because google sucks when it comes to actual magickal studies.

Thank you all : )

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia
Sterling Angel, Courtwind Angel, Lunar Angel, Bound spirit guide, White Dragon, Gargoyle, Volkh, Brenedi, Thoughtform, Gold Dragon, Gryphon, Chinese Fox, Butterfly Faery, Immortal, Caldrius, Lalinas, Ljornin, Duojna, Genius Loci, Wraith, Ramidreju, 2 Iludras,

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”