Solandra
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I had a sort of weird experience last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. So I'm hoping all you lovely people can maybe offer some insight.

I was laying in bed last night about to go to sleep, and I was thinking about those necklaces people put ashes from loved ones in. I've had to put both of my cats to sleep in the last 3 months due to cancer. Two weeks ago today I put the little furry love of my life to sleep. (Sorry to bed depressing) We had a very strong connection and I miss him. So I was thinking about putting fur and whiskers, ashes, etc into a locket or something and maybe if his spirit wanted to come hang out it would make it easier for him. But I was worried it might keep him here even if he was supposed to have gone elsewhere. So I was considering this as I was falling asleep.

All the sudden I was woken up by something, and as I looked around, I saw a dark shape moving a bit. Then there was this feeling of a lot of energy in my hands. They got really warm, and both my hands and going up my arms had that numb, tingly, pins and needles feeling you get when something falls asleep. Except there were no circulation problems. Then it sort of felt like there was pressure on my arms and next to my head. I could move just fine, and all most sort of feel the edges of a "body." But it was way too big to be my cat. He was a big boy, but not THAT big. There was some weird kind of floaty feelings mentally. Like it was hard to focus. I was very much awake though, and a little freaked out, but not scared. It was just a little weird since I didn't know what was causing it.

OK, so that was a lot of explanation for something that probably doesn't read as all that profound. But, at the time it was really profound. I have certainly felt energy before, but nothing like that, and I've never experienced any of the other stuff.

So to get to the point, obviously my first thought is that it was my kitty coming to hang out in his spot next to me, but it could be my companions maybe? How do you know? My pendulum skills are pretty unreliable, and I don't know how to figure that out with cards. I'm still working on my communication with my companions.

Any input, advice, and thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you everyone for reading this, it got longer than intended.

Solandra
new here
new here

::Anyone::

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Hello there. I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty. 1hg

Due to the description of the size, it sounds to me more like your spirits were comforting you during a time of need than a visit from your pet.

However, if you'd like a binding of your cat, you can always do this.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Solandra
new here
new here

Thanks! I really appreciate the advice. That listing might be a great option. I just worry it might keep my kitty from moving on to where ever he is supposed to go. Is that even a reasonable concern?

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Definitely one of your companions. The brain enters a very unique state of consciousness when in between waking and sleeping that lets us perceive spirits, although they mostly appear as vague shadows. Spirits know when they can be perceived, and the ones with cuddly tendencies like to take this as an opportunity to lie down with you and offer comfort.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”