active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Poppy

Article - Give Your Magic Time To Work

Postby Alys » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 am

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecket ... -work.html

I recommend reading the whole thing. Tantalizing excerpts below.

"Recently I was reminded that magic takes how long it takes, and that attempts to speed it up are rarely helpful....

Gordon suggests doing monthly sigils and reporting. Each month, pick five or six or ten things you want to manifest, create and charge sigils for them, then fire and release them. Next month, see how you did, and create another round of sigils. Chaos magic is extremely pragmatic – if it works it’s true, if it doesn’t it’s false.

This was new for me. I’ve always worked magic on an as-needed basis. But they don’t call it practicing magic for nothing – I knew that doing sigils on a regular basis would help me get better at doing sigils. So after I read the book I made monthly sigil magic part of my routine....

There is no undo button on a spell. When you cast it, you release it, and it takes on a life of its own. This is true whether you’re doing a candle burning spell, a visualization, or sigil magic. The sigils I had created and fired were still there, still doing their thing.

Except now I wasn’t thinking about them. Now I wasn’t opening the oven door on the first of every month. Instead of having 30 days to work uninterrupted, they had 60 days, then 90 days, and then more....

Magic works in its own time. And some spells need more than a month to manifest successfully."

Afy12
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 124
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Eagles
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mother Caterpillar

Re: Article - Give Your Magic Time To Work

Postby Afy12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi, I worked with sigils, what can I say ,just when you start no matter which sigils you draw all is about your energy in that moments and depends how much you believe in yourself , if you make it only because must ... You are right Give your magic time

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael

Postby conxtion » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Hope it doesn't take more than my whole lifetime to work ...

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Postby Samsara » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:20 am

Actually if you want to be a great caster, you should have a time limit. If it takes too long it might have not been successful, and you need to know this soon so you can tweak your spell. Newbs should be patient but experienced folks should not.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Cleric of Justice
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby Cleric of Justice » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Samsara wrote:Actually if you want to be a great caster, you should have a time limit. If it takes too long it might have not been successful, and you need to know this soon so you can tweak your spell. Newbs should be patient but experienced folks should not.
For me I make sure to 'properly follow' the instructions outlined and to memorize them, or start over and cast again when I make a mistake. Especially for serious ones, I've relied on finding instructions to cast them.

So far as goes for magic if you want do something for yourself but somebody wills against it, does it make that more difficult for that to come true?

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Postby Samsara » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm

ServantofJustice wrote:
Samsara wrote:Actually if you want to be a great caster, you should have a time limit. If it takes too long it might have not been successful, and you need to know this soon so you can tweak your spell. Newbs should be patient but experienced folks should not.
For me I make sure to 'properly follow' the instructions outlined and to memorize them, or start over and cast again when I make a mistake. Especially for serious ones, I've relied on finding instructions to cast them.

So far as goes for magic if you want do something for yourself but somebody wills against it, does it make that more difficult for that to come true?

Yes. Cross intentions can also be a reason your magic is blocked. The casual will, might be a nusance, however if you have protection and focus you will most likely get your way.

When it is magical will, like both people calling on the same God to destroy the other person then it would depend on who the God favors.

There is also the will of the universe. Which is more difficult to overcome, such as laws if physics.

All these reason is why you should double check your spell. For me, I have a time limit on rain manifestation. Often when it comes late and I force my will, I get a more intense almost disastrous rain, rather than sprinkles.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”