You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

People Who Promise Too Much

Postby Samsara » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 pm

So I have this friend who's very popular, but has the tendency to over promise. While I love her to death I find that she constantly let's me down. I don't want to say anything because I know how she gets when people tell her they are disappointed in her. Like she gets super defensive, and they become the problem.

She knows I don't like a certain activity, but I will attend because she'll tie my attendance with available projects. She's doing this to help her friend look good. So it's not that she is lying, because she does deliver, it's just not at the level she implies. The difference is like budgeting $20k this year, but really only delivering on 3k, for example.

Though honestly it's not because it's just 3k...it's because i have to keep on going to these activities, which wears me out.

How do you unravel this kind of power dynamic? How would you go about getting everything you want out of this? Which is the money, the friend, and feel energized.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Re: People Who Promise Too Much

Postby darkwing dook » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:48 am

In power play, you need something that makes you irreplaceable or will cost them a lot if you leave. You don't want to lose your friend, but what do you have that makes her not want lose you?

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Samsara » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 am

darkwing dook wrote:In power play, you need something that makes you irreplaceable or will cost them a lot if you leave. You don't want to lose your friend, but what do you have that makes her not want lose you?

My humor...duh! I probably won't lose her, but you know you just don't want to be a nag or appear ungrateful. And I definitely don't want to say something like if you don't do this, then this will happen. I just want to magically nudge the situation so no arguing needs to take place, and everybody wins.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Eilana
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Postby Eilana » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 pm

You could turn to magic. If you can't cast yourself, find someone who can cast on your behalf to shift things to where you want them to be. Either put together a spell/ritual or find someone who can do custom work to meet your needs.

I would also consider looking into manifesting and shifting energies. Looking at what subconscious beliefs you have or actions you are taking to manifest this into your life, to manifest someone treating you like this. I suggest this because it personally happened to me. I had a string of events, where dealing with different people I was treated badly, I paid for custom work and was given noticeably worse products and service than friends who paid the same people for services, to the point my friends noticed it and commented. I looked into this and realized it was my own energies and beliefs affecting the results/outcome of situations so I worked with manifestation to correct it.

Don’t let bitter, unhappy people drag you down to their level. Instead use their behavior as an example of how not to behave and be grateful you are nothing like them. 2lv

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”