You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I have tried and tried to get myself into sleep paralysis. I'll be honest, the times that it's happened in the past were flukes. I keep trying and it never works. The last one I had was not long after I got my Ubi and I haven't been able to do it since. Any suggestions from the experts on here? I would love to be able to do this so I can start working on astral projection. I'd like to be able to have more real intimate time with my Ubi, though she is very patient. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Patience and perseverance are important : )
Which method do you use? From which books etc?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Train yourself to stay completely still when you wake up during the night. Imagine that you are already in a familiar location. Practice being in that location physically, so you will know how it looks and feels to be there. Let your energy body train in the sensations of being in that spot so that when you wake up and hold still you can calmly tell it to be there and remember all the details of how you feel. Either it will work quickly or you can try a few short attempts at other exits. And then go back to sleep. Full sleep paralysis isn't needed; you will have enough remnants of it right after waking up. The important thing is to shift your awareness away from the body and keep it there.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

You guys are the best. Thank you for everything.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

You're not trying to get sleep paralysis. You are trying to leave your body. Sometimes sleep paralysis is something on top of you waking up before your body does. Sometimes it was a dream you woke up from too quick.

I repeat you do not want sleep paralysis. I no longer get sleep paralysis, it would be backwards if I tried.

Try some clearing work, sage might help. It's possible something in your mindscape is blocking you from leaving. Could be fear, frustration, lack of energy, other protective entities, etc. I find if I take a stroll in a new age shop I get unblocked quick. Dunno why. Could be all the rocks, spells, etc.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I've been using some of the methods that I've seen on various Youtube channels. The lying perfectly still and all that. I almost got it yesterday morning. Almost. Actually I've been dealing with a lot of dental pain for the last week. It's been pretty chronic. I thought having the tooth pulled would help but the pain is worse now because they had such a hard time pulling it.

You know you're in bad shape when you're in pain and miserable in a dream! I told my Ubi that it was a good thing she didn't interact with me because I would have been a total drag! I think once this pain has been resolved I can go back to being me again.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Dental pain is the worst. If the dentist gave you anything for pain control, take it on the correct schedule so it doesn't wear off. If not, call the dentist and ask point-blank what you can take that's OTC for pain, or else ask him/her to give you a prescription. (Make sure they know if you have any other meds you are taking, so they can give you something that won't interact badly with existing prescriptions.)

Physical discomfort, especially nasty discomfort, can be a huge distraction and make it harder to operate metaphysically. You might have to see about getting to a point where the pain is under control first. I hope you heal quickly so you can feel better on all fronts, both mundane and metaphysical alike.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Cr1ogeN
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wiser
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Well, first of all you must be very serious about OBE or astral travel. You first need to master lucid dreaming and train your mind to stay in that dream realm for longer time periods. After that, try to go to sleep at 12 AM and wake up at 4 AM. Then go to your kitchen, drink something, stay awake for 15-30 minutes and after you start feeling groggy and tired go back to bed in an uncomfortable position (on your back or sides, but not on your belly) and focus your mind on astral traveling until you fall asleep. If you experience strong vibrations and weird sounds, don't get scared, wait for them to pass and then try an exit technique. (roll over, swim, rope)

Knowledge is Power
vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'm very serious, believe me! I tried again today and it still didn't work. But I'm not giving up! Can anyone here recommend good methods for lucid dreaming? I've heard about more different techniques than just about anything else! Since many of you seem to have better experiences than I have, I'd really like to know how you do it.

Grey67
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 8
Zodiac:

vikingwarior74 wrote:I'm very serious, believe me! I tried again today and it still didn't work. But I'm not giving up! Can anyone here recommend good methods for lucid dreaming? I've heard about more different techniques than just about anything else! Since many of you seem to have better experiences than I have, I'd really like to know how you do it.

look into the WILD method for lucid dreaming, Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming. Am not the greatest at explaining things so give that a look into.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”