Brightstorms
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hello there!

I've been searching the web to find out more about dragon dreams, and your forum was the only one that didn't boil them down to stereotypical symbolism. You seem like a really knowledgeable community, so I thought I'd humbly come to you with some questions.

Does anyone else dream that they can become a dragon?

I've never reached out and talked about this, as most people don't tend to understand but...here goes! I've been dreaming of dragons since I was fairly young. As a kid, I'd occasionally dream of riding dragons, but when I reached my mid-twenties, I began dreaming that I was capable of becoming a dragon. Shape-shifting, and the like. Whenever I faced off against opposition, or went off on an adventure, or when the weather in my dreams looked particularly alluring, I'd transform fully or partially (wings, talon feet, tail). For the first few years, when I'd attempt to fly, I'd struggle with balance, or wheel back to the ground, but after a few years, I managed to learn to balance myself. Eventually I could even carry (and rescue) people in my dreams. When I had these dreams, I'd feel so comfortable, so confident, so at ease...much moreso than in my waking life. I always looked forward to having the experience when I slept, though I never knew exactly when it would happen.

Last year was incredibly difficult for me, and while I was going through this very hard time, I stopped connecting with my dragon-self (and incidentally, my creativity in my waking life). I felt destitute and completely lost. After working very hard to heal from that year, I've reconnected with my creativity, done some self-searching and meditation, and last night, I had my very first dragon-dream since things got hard last year. It felt so good to fly again! I feel like I'm really beginning to get back on my feet, and in my dreams, I can finally spread my wings.

When I try to talk to the people in my life about these dreams they look at me like I'm absolutely crazy. I'm not a melodramatic person, I'm not making these dreams up...it makes me uncomfortable to even share them, but I feel like I have no one to talk to about them.

Does anyone else have dreams like these? Do you know what they might mean?

Also, I don't know what the colors signify but most of the time I'm white in color, though I've occasionally been red, burgundy, blue, and green in different dreams. I never consciously "choose" the color I wind up being. Last night was really unusual... I was white with red patches. That's never happened before.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any thoughts, knowledge or wisdom you can share. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello BrightStorms. Let me first say welcome to CH.

I know exactly what you are going through, as I myself have done the same. Dreaming of being a dragon could mean you have had a past life or lives as a dragon, or, like in my case, your True Self/ Soul is a dragon. I feel you may be the latter, but you would have to discover that for yourself.

When I was younger, I had dreams where I learned to fly. It took a year or two of continuous lessons to fully control and use the ability of flight, and after that I could fly whenever I wanted. Flying itself and spreading your wings as the wind carries you places is exhilarating. XD

Dragon scales come in many different colors, and dragons descended from ancestors of different colors can have mixed scale colors or tones. So you having red/white scales is very common. Each dragon race has many different colors, and those colors dictate which professional spectrum they excel in. From what I know, White scales are attributed to a proficiency in healing, and red scales mean one is a warrior and fire user.

I will recommend reading up on the forum and learning info on the different dragons. You may discover things that resonate to you and brings you fantastic discoveries on your journey.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Brightstorms
new here
new here

Hi Kitsune!

Thank you very much for the welcome--and it is so good to hear from you! I can't begin to expressed how relieved I am to hear that you've had the same experiences. I've never talked to anyone else who has before--it is an absolute pleasure to meet you.

I've always believed in reincarnation and that life in other realms/planes was possible (beyond historical Earth), but I've never talked to anyone else who felt the same way. I formulated that belief based on dreams and vivid waking visions of memories of places that don't exist here. The dragon dreams and connection I've felt since I was a child was a huge part of that. It just...felt right. I'm so much more complete when I'm capable of transforming. In my waking life, I feel like I'm only half of myself.

I tried to talk about it when I was a kid, I told my family that I felt like I was "from a place where dragons existed" and even though they believed in spiritualism, reincarnation, spirit-animals and more, they told me what I felt wasn't possible. I guess, as I grew up I just stopped talking about it out of fear of rejection and judgement. I'm really excited to dig deeper and do some researching here in the community.

What you said about color is so fascinating! By that definition white really fits with my personality, and I can relate to red secondarily--that really ties in with the frequency that I've been each of those too. The blue and green I saw only happened briefly when I was younger. I had no idea the traits could be hereditary and profession-based.

Can I ask what your color is, Kitsune? Also, what is your favorite part about flying? Like you said, exhilarating is the best word to describe it. I love the way it feels to launch up into flight from the ground and that initial thrill of getting the wind under your wings. <3

Thank you again! It takes such a weight off to finally talk to someone about this and I hope to continue to meet others as well! Best wishes from a kindred spirit! XD

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Certainly. My physical scales are a blue-toned silver, but I have ancestry from many different dragons including those with gold, green, red, purple, white, black, blue, and silver. This combination gives me abilities in each scale color I have (specific talents dependent on the tone in each color), and utilizing that I went into the path of mastery that best fits all aspects of myself. Keep in mind this is from before I incarnated here.

I do have access to many of my True Form's abilities here in this life, and I'm sure if you desire, you may discover that too.

On the topic of flight, I love the feeling of going into a deep dive, then breaking out lower to the ground and the force with which you are propelled from it, as well as being in the open air and racing through the currents, especially on a slightly chilly night.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Brightstorms
new here
new here

You have quite a lovely color! I look forward to learning more about the different tones, and paying more attention to those details during my dreams. I'll also be sure to keep note of the blue and green tones, as those must be a part of me as well. Thank you for being so encouraging. I'm excited to see how these color definitions correlate to my current strengths and weaknesses.

Ahh, deep dives are exciting--and that force as you break out above the ground is so intense. Very daring! I tend to go for the gradual swoops, and I love skimming over a lake or the ocean. I agree, chilly nights are a wonderful time to fly. That's what the conditions were in my dream last night: a bit cool, with a drifting breeze and a nice big moon over the horizon. <3 Contentment.

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

I've also had many dreams of being a dragon, and consider myself "dragonkin": as Kitsune said, someone who is either dragon in soul or has been a dragon in the past. There are quite a few people who can relate that I've met.

I'd also recommend coming to your own conclusions and doing a lot of self-exploration when it comes to meanings and information. While people may be able to relate, their information may not necessarily apply to you. My kind of dragon does not have abilities, and so my colors (silver and black) mean little other than reflecting the environment my ancestors lived in (mother was from a tundra-dwelling clan, father originated from a tropical climate). There are a lot more dragon species than any one resource can touch on, and things such as colors won't always mean the same thing across them.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Brightstorms
new here
new here

Hi Alex!

It's very good to meet you too! How were you able to find so many others who shared in the dragon-dreams? Through forums like this one? I'm genuinely curious so that I can continue to meet others and learn everything that I can. I've felt so isolated, hoping there were other people who felt the way I did, but being too afraid to ask.

I see what you're saying, and I never imagined color would relate to ability until Kitsune mentioned it. I guess I need to do some research and see what resonates with me. Most of the time, I'm a opalescent white color, with pale green and blue marbling that's barely visible, and pink beneath my wings. I feel the most like myself in those dreams.

The ones where I've been red were dark dreams where I had to fight in terrible battles. I always kind of assumed that I'd taken on that red color as subconscious application of the color of war. But maybe it's something else...buried ancestral meanings perhaps? When I dreamed briefly of being blue or green, I was still young and learning to fly. When my scales are white, I've been the most balanced and like myself. I guess I need to try and differentiate whether the colors apply directly to me and my capabilities, or a forgotten ancestry that I'm getting echoes of. Or both? On this forum, I read that red dragons represent greed--and that is very unlike myself.

Do you remember any glimpses of what the world is like when you have your dragon-dreams or visions?

Brightstorms
new here
new here

Also, the first and only person (up until now) that I'd come across who had these visions/memories/dreams of being a dragon and identified as such was a Ukrainian guitar player named Estas Tonne. I was completely awe struck by his music in general and I thought his titles Song of the Golden Dragon and Golden Dragon internal flight were simply thematic names. When I read his bio and discovered that he felt a resounding connection to being a dragon in his past lives, I was floored. It was part of what gave me the courage to try and find other people. I'm not sure if you'll like his music, everyone has different tastes, but it gave me head-to-toe chills and called up visions/memories of the worlds I dream in. I'm not just fan-girl-ing about this, I've only recently discovered his music. Estas Tonne. Good stuff.

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Brightstorms wrote:Hi Alex!

It's very good to meet you too! How were you able to find so many others who shared in the dragon-dreams? Through forums like this one? I'm genuinely curious so that I can continue to meet others and learn everything that I can. I've felt so isolated, hoping there were other people who felt the way I did, but being too afraid to ask.
Indeed. Just search "dragonkin forum", and you'll find some places. Draconity would be a term to look for. Otherkin is another, more general term that the experience falls under.
Brightstorms wrote: Do you remember any glimpses of what the world is like when you have your dragon-dreams or visions?
My dreams generally take place in this world, or dream worlds that I've visited for a long time. But I do have memories of my draconic home, of forests of red-barked scraggly trees very like Madronas, and vast snow-covered plains, and other distantly-related creatures that were even bigger predators than my kind.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Brightstorms
new here
new here

Thank you so much for these terms, Alex! I found several communities, and I'm so relieved and excited to connect with them. I'm practically speechless--actually, I got a bit emotional. It is such a relief to read about so many others who have the same experiences as we do. I also see I'm not alone in having been bullied for these experiences as a kid and that really gives me some peace.

Again, thank you and Kitsune both.

Like you said, my dreams also tend to take place in a hybrid world that falls somewhere between this one and others that I've visited on numerous occasions. I also tend to have memories within these other unique "dream worlds" that follow a cohesive timeline each time I return. Makes reality pretty surreal, as I'm sure you (all) can relate to. I also tend to have waking visions of places that don't exist here--fully equipped with overwhelming emotional memories. They come fast and hit hard, flashing by in seconds...but I've seen these tall, sharp mountains, gigantic trees (large enough to perch in) and cities and villages tucked into breathtaking landscapes. One that I've been getting lately is a white-clay village in a red desert alongside a winding river. There are trees all along the banks and thin, soft grasses grow beneath them.

Return to “Dragons”